The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Just restarted my Cafe-Racer with seeds that aren't sexed. They quadded well 2 years ago.

I will put them to flower earlier than usual, each one was cloned and ID'd. Hoping to get at least one fem outta the 3 and considering buying collidial silver on a dominant branch to get fem seeds.

Loving the quad style. Nipping of the lower growth because they grow so fast and wasting energy.

Been using 1/3 shrimp compost this batch with Remo ferts. No yellowing, am happy.

As usual, looking for a nice canopy.

Wish me luck!

IMG_20240405-cafe.jpg

Hi @Azimuth . The above plants have been starting to yellow from the bottom up in the past week or so. I've added cal-mag to the mixture to no avail, even though our trouble-shooting thread says its a mag. deficiency.

Any suggestions? :thanks:
Yellowing up from the bottom is often an N deficiency. You feeding it enough?

Can you show an affected leaf so we can see what you are, and why you think Mg? Mag is often a mottled look to the leaves. You may be chasing the wrong problem.

I've got a link in my sig for a problem solver if it's different from what you used.

Can you show an affected leaf so we can see what you are, and why you think Mg? Mag is often a mottled look to the leaves. You may be chasing the wrong problem.

I've got a link in my sig for a problem solver if it's different from what you used.

Started to have the same problem and the added cal-mag hasn't helped.
What he said… @Azimuth hasn’t steered me wrong

Thanks, Azi! If I lack it from my Remo nutes, worm-casting, bokashi and frass- then I am lacking the N. Any suggestions how I can do it organically?

IMG_20240415_165329_resized_20240415_045358576.jpg

:thanks:

Thanks, Azi! If I lack it from my Remo nutes, worm-casting, bokashi and frass- then I am lacking the N. Any suggestions how I can do it organically?

IMG_20240415_165329_resized_20240415_045358576.jpg

:thanks:
Lots of things are high in N.

Can you get some fish emulsion? I've seen it at the big box stores. Alaska brand or some such. Blood meal is super high but might burn your plants (top dressing this one would be the way to use it). Your castings should have some good N but I suppose that depends on what the worms were fed. Compost and most composted manures are good (chicken, horse, cow, rabbit). Just nothing from carnivores for that (like human, cat, dog, etc).

Fish would be my first preference though. Lots of other goodies like calcium come along for the ride. Probably one of the most broad based inputs you can get.

The Fish Amino Acid (FAA) I made from fish and brown sugar was the standard I compared all of my other mixes to as I was trying my various Jadam mixes.

Lots of things are high in N.

Can you get some fish emulsion? I've seen it at the big box stores. Alaska brand or some such. Blood meal is super high but might burn your plants (top dressing this one would be the way to use it). Your castings should have some good N but I suppose that depends on what the worms were fed. Compost and most composted manures are good (chicken, horse, cow, rabbit). Just nothing from carnivores for that (like human, cat, dog, etc).

Fish would be my first preference though. Lots of other goodies like calcium come along for the ride. Probably one of the most broad based inputs you can get.

The Fish Amino Acid (FAA) I made from fish and brown sugar was the standard I compared all of my other mixes to as I was trying my various Jadam mixes.
Thanks, Azi!
I tried the Jadams but never with fish.

No meat in my natural compost. My wife makes and sells preserves so we have 2 compost bins and need a third.

Can I buy FAA? If not, shall I defrost some fish, add brown sugar and cover to ferment?

I've followed alot of your thread but can't recall how to process the fish.

Kind of you, thanks.

Question for all you experienced quad liners
The new growth off of the 4 main lines grow in pairs, do you take off the weakest of the two or leave them both on and train them out and down as well?
I’m liking the way it’s going but, not sure how best to proceed from here.

IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3362.jpeg

IMG_3363.jpeg

Depends on how many main buds you want. You'll see the nodes spiral around the stem, one pair side to side, next up and down, next side by side.

Personally I leave the side by sides and remove both of the up and down nodes.

The quad keeps everything balanced so if I remove nodes I always do them in pairs. So, when I remove the up and down nodes, I do so on all four of the branches at the same time.

Depends on how many main buds you want. You'll see the nodes spiral around the stem, one pair side to side, next up and down, next side by side.

The quad keeps everything balanced so if I remove nodes I always do them in pairs. So, when I remove the up and down nodes, I do so on all four of the branches at the same time.
Ok, that sounds like a good plan. I just noticed some being more dominant that their opposing node and thought maybe that was the determining factor of what to keep.
Thank you!

I haven’t been able to adhere to that but, I’ve tried to keep it as even as i could… seems to be working out well though.

IMG_3421.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3419.jpeg

IMG_3418.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom