The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Screenshot_20231127-141930_Photos.jpg

#quadsquad :bong:

:bump:

I need to remove the lower two nodes still.
I think I’ve been over watering them since the up pot. I’d like to wait till they perk up before i remove the nodes but, how long can I wait?
Is their a point that’s too late or should I just take em now?

IMG_3266.jpeg

IMG_3265.jpeg

I watered heavy at up pot then fed two days after so, only one day between the watering.. they have been without water now for 2 days. I went back to weighing them and they will probably be due for another tomorrow if they drop back to the 2lb mark.

I don't know that I'd wait and taking the leaves and growth nodes could very well kick it into gear.
Thanks, I’ll do it tomorrow then!

I don't know that I'd wait and taking the leaves and growth nodes could very well kick it into gear.
Well, they are officially quads.
I left the fan leaves for the time being. They are yellow from the cal mag issue but I figure they aren’t dead so I’ll leave em.

IMG_3267.jpeg

Started training. Got everything pretty even, the tops across both plants tied as tight as I dare. Left the bottoms looser so they can eventually catch up to the upper branches. May have to top the uppers to let the lowers catch up but, that’s it for now.
First time trying any type of training so, if I’m doing it wrong or you have comment’s suggestions or opinions, please share!

IMG_3273.jpeg

IMG_3272.jpeg

IMG_3271.jpeg

IMG_3270.jpeg

IMG_3269.jpeg

Looks good. And remember that you don't need to get the limb trained to its final position in one go. Small adjustments over several days can help avoid splitting of the stem while still getting into the position you want.

I like to Supercrop the stems before tieing them down. That has you simply bending them down as opposed to pulling them out and down, which helps lessen the possibility of splitting later on.

I just press the stems onto and slightly around a round object like a pen or marker in the direction I want the bend to go about a half inch away from the main stem.

Also, I leave the bottom pair unrestrained until they get up to the level of the top node pair, and then start the training on them once they do.

Looks good. And remember that you don't need to get the limb trained to its final position in one go. Small adjustments over several days can help avoid splitting of the stem while still getting into the position you want.

I like to Supercrop the stems before tieing them down. That has you simply bending them down as opposed to pulling them out and down, which helps lessen the possibility of splitting later on.

I just press the stems onto and slightly around a round object like a pen or marker in the direction I want the bend to go about a half inch away from the main stem.

Also, I leave the bottom pair unrestrained until they get up to the level of the top node pair, and then start the training on them once they do.
Thanks for the info! I’ll untie the bottoms in the morning. They aren’t tight but I can let em up regardless.

If the tips of the top buds are tied lower than the next set down, that lower set will get more of the growth hormones since the plant will want to make them dominant. Once they catch up to the uppers, making them all even spreads the hormones out evenly once again.

Back
Top Bottom