The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Hello, and thank you for the updates!
Won't the cola stems want to start curbing up without the skewers? I'd leave the one closest to each quad, IMHO.
They look great!
Yea I want them to start growing up. The other cola sites should grow along with them since they’ve all got sufficient light. This is my 2nd try at this so I’m just guessing lol

Took the skewers off yesterday and she’s already growing upward. The inner branches are growing up as well. At what stage do you guys start defoliating.
IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg

Corn syrup photo by Cookies seed bank. She’s almost to the edge of the earthbox. I’m growing in a 3x3 so I plan on vegging until my auto I have in another tent gets harvested so another month or so. She’s growing healthy and no issues so far. Earthbox is rocking it.

IMG_9986.jpeg

IMG_9985.jpeg
They gona be massive mine was that size in veg 3week old and flipped now look haha underestimate them 4arms and Ya will be a sucker lol like me ..should see me water days I can’t even fill the system as they got so big so quick I didn’t connect up float valves n kinda can’t move em

Same question day 22 do I defoliate?
972330F7-6A63-4124-AE35-972DFBEAAF45.jpeg

Took the skewers off yesterday and she’s already growing upward. The inner branches are growing up as well. At what stage do you guys start defoliating.
IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg
Good question, too bad no answer. I always have way too much undergrowth and end up trimming too much popcorn to trim at the end. I just never know how much new growth I will get before flower. Especially with the autos i've been growing since last spring.

Cheers!

Defoliating is a grower preference. Some do it heavily, some not at all.

I think of the leaves as battery banks for the plant to draw on in flower if there are deficiencies. But that has to be balanced by air flow and trimming the lowers at least can help with that.

Taking some leaves can also generate a hormone response producing growth and a flush of new leaves.

No one consistent answer.

Defoliating is a grower preference. Some do it heavily, some not at all.

I think of the leaves as battery banks for the plant to draw on in flower if there are deficiencies. But that has to be balanced by air flow and trimming the lowers at least can help with that.

Taking some leaves can also generate a hormone response producing growth and a flush of new leaves.

No one consistent answer.
I think I’ll let it grow taller before I start any major defoliation

Decided to add my skewers back to help with some of the smaller branches getting stronger. Also add first dose of mega crop to the reservoir. Probably gonna veg for another 2 weeks them flip to flower I think.

IMG_0039.jpeg

IMG_0040.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg
Beautiful symmetry.

Looking good TnT!

Good call on re-installing the tiedowns- 👍
I leave mine on until the stretch is done, usually about 3 weeks in to 12/12.
They'll help you start 12/12 with an even canopy, and then hopefully maintain it through the stretch...

Looking good TnT!

Good call on re-installing the tiedowns- 👍
I leave mine on until the stretch is done, usually about 3 weeks in to 12/12.
They'll help you start 12/12 with an even canopy, and then hopefully maintain it through the stretch...
Awesome advice as always brother

I leave the big fan leaves up top but supercrop them if they are hiding bud sites since those sites will grow bigger and better with access to direct light. Then I take the bottom third of the leaves and growth points that will end up as larf if you let them grow and some of that growth is better spent on the main buds.

Remember that after flip the hormones change and she'll stop producing roots and new leaves and the leaves are the nutrient banks for the plant to draw on later. If you take them off you reduce the plant's ability to move stuff around.

Defoliating in veg is a different story as that can stimulate the hormones to kick in a give the plant an extra gear. That's why some defoliate and then you can't even tell as new leaves appear quickly to replace the removed ones.

I leave the big fan leaves up top but supercrop them if they are hiding bud sites since those sites will grow bigger and better with access to direct light. Then I take the bottom third of the leaves and growth points that will end up as larf if you let them grow and some of that growth is better spent on the main buds.

Remember that after flip the hormones change and she'll stop producing roots and new leaves and the leaves are the nutrient banks for the plant to draw on later. If you take them off you reduce the plant's ability to move stuff around.

Defoliating in veg is a different story as that can stimulate the hormones to kick in a give the plant an extra gear. That's why some defoliate and then you can't even tell as new leaves appear quickly to replace the removed ones.
When you say super crop the big leaves you mean break them to bed them over but still attached to the main stem

What little defoliation I do, I do after the stretch.
There's a little defol early on, but that's part of the training,
with not enough leaves removed to really count..

Back
Top Bottom