The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

When you say super crop the big leaves you mean break them to bed them over but still attached to the main stem
Bend them, not break them. You have to be more careful with the leaves than with main stems since it's so easy to snap them in half.

I press them around an object like a pen cap to try to mold it around that shape if that makes sense. I've broken too many branches and leaf stems trying to do it with just my fingers.

Bend them, not break them. You have to be more careful with the leaves than with main stems since it's so easy to snap them in half.

I press them around an object like a pen cap to try to mold it around that shape if that makes sense. I've broken too many branches and leaf stems trying to do it with just my fingers.
I usually try and tuck them out of the way

I’m always nipping leaves or branches here and there.

When it comes to my actual garden, when I want a shrub to fatten, I prune it. The Za Za is just a shrub. So if my plant has a shape that doesn’t please me and I want more branches, I do the same, but I don’t call it pruning, I call it defolling, coz for some unknown reason it seems weed growers changed basic gardening language to give the illusion they invented the practice lolling!

Weird question maybe but do you guys notice when you quad line one side of the plant fills in more than another side

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

Yeah, it seems like there's always a good side, and a not-quite-as good side..:hmmmm:

Weird question maybe but do you guys notice when you quad line one side of the plant fills in more than another side
Yes. If you look closely at the limbs of the alternating nodes, one is usually more robust than the other, and particularly on plants from seed (as opposed to clones). So, take that tendency and train the plant out horizontally and you get what you're seeing.

I don't usually do anything about it like planting it off-center but you certainly could.

She’s got some pretty big fan leaves. Seem to have gotten the moisture on the leaves issue under control. Only spots now are where leaves are bunched up.

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg
Stacking up nicely!! Happy Tuesday!! 😎✌️

I had that same problem, made it look like the plant was planted off center. The bottom right circled main never caught up to the rest.
PXL_20231230_190226391~2.jpg
I've noticed that if you have a smaller limb like that then I try to lower the rest of them below that height and it usually tends to help it catch up some. Doesn't always work but it definitely helps. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

TnT..... That girl is gonna be a beast!!! I do defoliate. Usually I try to do some right before stretch and then try to tuck some. Especially if they are big leaves feeding a nice fat bud later on. But if I really think that It's stopping light penetration too much and I can't tuck it enough I'll nix it. It's just your personal preference buddy! That's why I love growing. Hardy plants indeed!! Can't wait to see this girl in a few weeks!! Until then..... Rock and Roll!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom