The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Thanks for the invite, I'll check it out!

Trimmed up my Corn Syrup photo to go for quadline. Had good success from my last grow when I did it to a Northern Lights Auto. Accepting all feedback.
IMG_9952.jpeg

IMG_9953.jpeg

IMG_9954.jpeg

IMG_9955.jpeg

It's about space management, both lateral and vertical. Train 'em wide enough to almost fill the space width-wise (because they'll grow out and up after you let them turn up) and then let grow up but being aware that the plant will likely stretch 2-3x after you flip to flower.

Corn syrup photo by Cookies seed bank. She’s almost to the edge of the earthbox. I’m growing in a 3x3 so I plan on vegging until my auto I have in another tent gets harvested so another month or so. She’s growing healthy and no issues so far. Earthbox is rocking it.

IMG_9986.jpeg

IMG_9985.jpeg

She's looking good, Tn'T!..👍

Added some more skewers to coax the new growth to the edges. Corn syrup by cookies seed bank.

IMG_9992.jpeg

IMG_9993.jpeg
Hi!
I am presently growing autos and quading them.

Does skewing them keep them from growing outside the pot? I have been growing ak-47, banana and cali-bubba and have tied them to the edges of the pot.
I have been following Bill alot and am using Remo ferts. The directions for amount is based on photo's, twice as long at least for auto,s. I am not sure if I should cut the timing in half.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Does skewing them keep them from growing outside the pot?
Not sure what you're asking here. The bbq skewers are generally used to hold the limbs in the places you want them to both spread the nodes out and also to guide them out toward the pot edges, but when you let them turn upwards determines how wide they'll get.

If you train them right up to the pot edge and then let them grow up they'll grow both up  and out giving the plant a footprint larger than the container.

To keep them to the width of the container you'd have to let the go vertical before they reached the pot edge.

Or is that not what you're asking? :hmmmm:

Hi!
I am presently growing autos and quading them.

Does skewing them keep them from growing outside the pot? I have been growing ak-47, banana and cali-bubba and have tied them to the edges of the pot.
I have been following Bill alot and am using Remo ferts. The directions for amount is based on photo's, twice as long at least for auto,s. I am not sure if I should cut the timing in half.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
I use the skewers for LST. Easier than tying them down

Not sure what you're asking here. The bbq skewers are generally used to hold the limbs in the places you want them to both spread the nodes out and also to guide them out toward the pot edges, but when you let them turn upwards determines how wide they'll get.

If you train them right up to the pot edge and then let them grow up they'll grow both up  and out giving the plant a footprint larger than the container.

To keep them to the width of the container you'd have to let the go vertical before they reached the pot edge.

Or is that not what you're asking? :hmmmm:
Hi Azi! @TerpsNThyme answered it in the following thread. Thank you both!
I also use fuzzy pipe cleaners with steel nuts to train.
Cheers!

Took the skewers out today since she’s reached the edge of the pot. Looking forward to see how much bigger she’s gonna get. Probably gonna veg another 3 weeks and then flip to flower. Thoughts on how long I should veg?
IMG_0023.jpeg
Hello, and thank you for the updates!
Won't the cola stems want to start curbing up without the skewers? I'd leave the one closest to each quad, IMHO.
They look great!

Back
Top Bottom