The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

bloody sick of tryin to bend the stems to find growth snapped the top balls off how dya avoid that
I super crop mine rather than just pulling them to the side. That pushes the stress point away from that joint a bit.

For small plants I put a round pen cap underneath the stem and then gently push the stem down on it and around moving the pen cap a bit to spread out the damage.

You'll feel the stem give a bit at that pressing point and as it recovers it will build a knuckle, making it even stronger than the surrounding tissue.

snapped the top balls off how dya avoid that
I pad the jaws of a pair of needle nose pliers, then (gently) mash the stem a little with them- then, it'll bend right there instead of breaking- if you mash it in 2 or3 places, you can get a smooth bend instead of a kink in the branch.
Although, kinks work fine too..

I hate supercropping. I got a tip from carcass, I sort of thread the stem then pin the stem with a Carhook. I’m gonna try and draw it. Lol.

I find it gives the plant a good shape and more Coca-Cola’s.

IMG_1738.jpeg

I pad the jaws of a pair of needle nose pliers, then (gently) mash the stem a little with them- then, it'll bend right there instead of breaking- if you mash it in 2 or3 places, you can get a smooth bend instead of a kink in the branch.
Although, kinks work fine too..
Turns out I use silica for cell strength and now it seems silica can make them brittle too instead of bendy there stiff so now what I though would make them stronger to bending had made them weaker god damn

Just gona have to wait for them to grow out a bit more
The one pictured above is still growing flat like it knows what I expect and is feared of snapping it self grows like that
I am worrying tho as the new nodes also do it I’m gona have to pin her up before she gets weight

Turns out I use silica for cell strength and now it seems silica can make them brittle too instead of bendy there stiff so now what I though would make them stronger to bending had made them weaker god damn

Just gona have to wait for them to grow out a bit more
The one pictured above is still growing flat like it knows what I expect and is feared of snapping it self grows like that
I am worrying tho as the new nodes also do it I’m gona have to pin her up before she gets weight
I also use potassium silicate as advised by Bill but have you ever tried dandy-lion tea? I don't mix anything with the PS but I think Azi told me that the tea helps stem the brittleness. Pardon the pun...

I also use potassium silicate as advised by Bill but have you ever tried dandy-lion tea? I don't mix anything with the PS but I think Azi told me that the tea helps stem the brittleness. Pardon the pun...
Dandelion has high silica levels and so is a natural source. No idea how it would compare strength wise to your stuff but imagine it'd be much weaker.

Dandelion has high silica levels and so is a natural source. No idea how it would compare strength wise to your stuff but imagine it'd be much weaker.
Yeah it’s crazy I’ve always assumed it helped when scroging but seems as I’ve ready it makes them so tight n strong they can snap when young

Few casualties taped up but will make it
I didn’t have any stem snaps until I use this now at the crown the main arms peeled in the middle , it had made them fatten out somuch 1 ripped it’s self sideways lol but it’s recovered
I’m going to spray calcium as that helps with stems apparently makes them stronger and bendy so will test

I use the hooks, just because that's how I've always done it-but, as Azimuth mentioned, @Hafta 's weight training is also an excellent way to do it ...
I supercrop the stems before redirecting them to the side.
I haven't done it yet, but I'm going to try this^^ on my next plant. Great idea,Thanks, Azi 🙏

Here's a pic of some hooks "in action" :)

I try and keep as many leaves intact as possible, but if they won't tuck out of the way, they've got to go.

The one on the left (ATF) is apx.2 weeks older than the other one (Amnesia Haze auto)
ATF-AHa 1.jpg

Well I have tried my hand at training my quadlined plant today. I'll need to get some stakes to help keep it spread a bit but I super cropped the 2 tops to bend them flat and then used some bonsai wire hooks to bend bottom 2 flat and out.
PXL_20231223_002511786.jpg
I use pipe cleaners and nuts for weight. One can always add. This " quint-line faired well enough.
IMG_20231214_Cali.jpg

One of my best canopies since I joined 420.
Cheers!

do I cut out all the little suckers and just roll with the 4 mains or leave it as a canopy?

Well, you can actually do it either way- remove the little branches , and end up with 4 large colas, plus a few smaller ones...or, let the little branches grow into big branches, and get 20 or 30 medium-sized colas at harvest time, which translates to more weed in the jars than you'd get with the 4 larger colas...

I save all the branches that I can, and when they reach the canopy, you get something like this:
1aaa.jpg

If you decide to train the small branches into big branches, I did a little training tutorial awhile back, and @HashGirl was gracious enough to put it all together in one spot..it may answer most of your questions:

Good Luck!

Well, you can actually do it either way- remove the little branches , and end up with 4 large colas, plus a few smaller ones...or, let the little branches grow into big branches, and get 20 or 30 medium-sized colas at harvest time, which translates to more weed in the jars than you'd get with the 4 larger colas...

I save all the branches that I can, and when they reach the canopy, you get something like this:
1aaa.jpg

If you decide to train the small branches into big branches, I did a little training tutorial awhile back, and @HashGirl was gracious enough to put it all together in one spot..it may answer most of your questions:

Good Luck!
Thanks for the response and all the pics and guides. I I've been tucking fan leaves to allow the lower growth too catch up, and a combo of LST and supercropping to keep a flat canopy like you show in your training tutorial. I don't know if I will have enough time to veg into a massive wide canopy like yours but if I can get 8 to 10 decent tops I'd be happy with that. I have a grow journal started if you get a chance to stop by I'd appreciate your incite.

Back
Top Bottom