The Strongest

I medicate for back spasms from years of seizures. I look for the most effective strain not necessarily the strongest.

Maturity of the weed I'm smoking,ie; mature weed normally gives a longer effect,is the important factor for me. An Indica with a low/moderate THC level given a full life cycle of 4-5 months,works much better for me than one with a short/no veg time but a sky-high THC level that is only good for a couple of hours.

I medicate for back spasms from years of seizures. I look for the most effective strain not necessarily the strongest.

Maturity of the weed I'm smoking,ie; mature weed normally gives a longer effect,is the important factor for me. An Indica with a low/moderate THC level given a full life cycle of 4-5 months,works much better for me than one with a short/no veg time but a sky-high THC level that is only good for a couple of hours.
This is a prime example of why I recommend to anyone growing there own meds to not worry about how long it takes to get a decent mother because in the end taking clones from a mother who is 6months old at least then add on another month of veg after they have been rooted and your buds are coming from a plant with a maturity of well over 9 months by the time you harvest and in my honest opinion a more mature cannabis plant is able to produce a far more robust and balanced spectrum of cannabinoid and terpens which over all produces not only a longer lasting effect but a more balanced effect throught the body , personally I have noticed that many of my plants specifically my el nino begin to develop small trichromes before flower so these trichs have to be producing thc which by the time I harvest must have degraded down into a very mature and stable amount of cbd but the main thing I have noticed when flowering is plants that I have grown from seed for say 4-5 weeks then flower while of good potency as well as a hefty coating of resin it doesn't compare to when I take clones from a plants 5months old or older the trichromes not only develop on the sugar leaves but I see trichromes developing on the fan leaves as well. So there definetly has to be some kind of relation between age of the plant and the amount of resin its capable of producing almost as if the older leaves just take longer to develop the glands responsible for producing thc, now my opinion is all based on personal observation as well as finding thru experimentation that when I grew el nino from seed with a short veg as compared to the next harvest when my mothers were 5 months old the clones from the older plants were just far stronger smelling and far more effective and longer lasting ,not to mention that the transition time to where you can tell they are in early flower from when you switch to 12/12 is incredibly fast.

I am on my 2nd Gen clones of White Rhino and they are just becoming stronger and stronger with each clone gen. I use White Rhino for sleep and White Widow for pain.

ive always been tought that each time you clone, you loose a little bit of everything it produces. ? i dont know though! ive an f4 santa maria that kicks some serious ass!
go figure!

ive always been tought that each time you clone, you loose a little bit of everything it produces. ? i dont know though! ive an f4 santa maria that kicks some serious ass!
go figure!
An F4 isnt a reference to generations of cloning it refers to the number of generations of breeding a strain goes thru for instance you plant 10 seeds and select a mother and a father and breed them you have and f1 then you grow out another crop and select more specimens with traits you like and breed them and you have f2's and this continues onwards . But as for clones I was speaking of keeping a mother plant for upwards of 2 years and I have found the first crop of plants from clones were good 2months later the more mature plants clones were even stronger.

My experience comes from growing outside on and off since the 70's and a lot of the indoor weed I've encountered since good lighting revolutionized that scene in the early 80's.

Something that struck me about 75% of the indoor weed I've encountered over the years is how much the duration of the high reminded me of samples I'd take from my mid summer plants,2-3,months old,when doing secondary topping? Both had an good effect,but it lasted two hours on the high end,and was quickly gone.

In the early days when letting plants go to seed was common,once they hit the four and half,five month point when the seeds were mature,and the plants life cycle complete,you had a product that gave a 2-3 hour effect and slowly faded away over the next couple of hours.

It was the same with early attempts at sinsemilla. We knew nothing about loupes and trichs,but went on hair color. 50% or more and it was strong and long,under that the high was lighter and neither as long or as stony. Of course,it's well known why that happens now,but in the mid 70's,folks were flying by the seat of their pants.

A lot of times immature seedless was something you just had to accept,especially when people started using Colombian seed. 6 months was a minimum for maturity with that stuff. You often had to cut before that due to threat of an early frost,or more commonly,before those bright green giants standing out in the fall foliage in the early part of hunting season could get spotted. Come mid-late October you could see those things from a couple of hundred yards away even in dense brush and woods.

My experience comes from growing outside on and off since the 70's and a lot of the indoor weed I've encountered since good lighting revolutionized that scene in the early 80's.

Something that struck me about 75% of the indoor weed I've encountered over the years is how much the duration of the high reminded me of samples I'd take from my mid summer plants,2-3,months old,when doing secondary topping? Both had an good effect,but it lasted two hours on the high end,and was quickly gone.

In the early days when letting plants go to seed was common,once they hit the four and half,five month point when the seeds were mature,and the plants life cycle complete,you had a product that gave a 2-3 hour effect and slowly faded away over the next couple of hours.

It was the same with early attempts at sinsemilla. We knew nothing about loupes and trichs,but went on hair color. 50% or more and it was strong and long,under that the high was lighter and neither as long or as stony. Of course,it's well known why that happens now,but in the mid 70's,folks were flying by the seat of their pants.

A lot of times immature seedless was something you just had to accept,especially when people started using Colombian seed. 6 months was a minimum for maturity with that stuff. You often had to cut before that due to threat of an early frost,or more commonly,before those bright green giants standing out in the fall foliage in the early part of hunting season could get spotted. Come mid-late October you could see those things from a couple of hundred yards away even in dense brush and woods.
I can tell by the way you described these plants you were growing in the 70's,80's were obviously of sativa stock , SO after recently reading an article in I cant remember if is was HT HTMedicinal ,skunk or weed world hehee I have a lot of subscriptions anywyas back on topic , What I was reading is that these sativas from colombia thailand ,mexico etc etc will not grow properly in soil with a ph of 6.5 or higher according to the article soil that is the perfect ph for pure indicas to thrive in 6.4-6.8 will fuck with these older pure strain extoic sativa's , and instead suggested soils with a ph of 5.7-6.1 and I am wondering seeing as you ahve experience with what I would assume are pure strain landrace sativas do you agree more exotic sativas thrive in a more acidic soil? I only ask because I have been looking into purchasing some seeds from the World of seeds Landrace collection which are supposed to be pure strain genetics from around the world and if true then all the grow information I have read which recomend a ph of 6.2-6.5 in soil would not be compatible and considering the price of the regular packs of there seeds are over $200. SO I am looking to find some info from growers who have experience with these more exotic strains on how to treat them to have decent results.

6.0 was always what you shot for,a few tenths higher or lower would do. I liked between 6-6.5 at the very top end,shooting for close to the low 6's.

An easy way to spot suitable growing areas for those old Sativas was to use abandoned farms. You looked for old pasture that was starting overgrow,preferably in bottoms. If tall grass,weeds,and shrubby vegetation,like goldenrod,ragweed,sumac,and blackberry would grow there,so would weed.

Ragweed was always good sign if the soil was well drained and a great camoflauge plant as it grew as tall as those Sat's and had a similar leaf and branching pattern. They were great until early fall when they started to yellow.

Basically if you could grow a decent crop of tobacco or corn on the land,those Sativa's would thrive

On the low end things 5.7 or so things could be iffy,especially in regards to germination and nutrient uptake in moist bottom soils. You'd end up with spindly plants at best.

Warlock(Magus Genetics), OG Kush(non clone versions), Chem Dawg #4, Lemon Diesel, Lost Coast OG, Cherry OG, Super Sour OG, Cannatonic, Cataract Kush, LA Confidential, Pre 98 Bubba Kush. Look for strains that are already genetically strong like pure LANDRACE strains. World of Seeds has great pure Afghans, African, Morocco, and Pakistani landraces. These plants have extremely strong genetics (probably because they grow wild in their nativr regions) and are extremely potent. For sure try the Emerald Triangle Lemon Diesel gear! It is the bomb!!!

on the lemondeisel is the lemon from lemon skunk or lemon/haze.in my quest for best flavor with a kick so far my clients and friends have picked blueberry,sweettooth,ice and skunk as their favororites.

can you let me in on the land race seeds. why are they so good? are they a sativa or anything available?
thank you peace

Terrific discussion guys I am always learning here and thats the most important thing. We all have our own personal fave's but for medicating to assist in chronic conditions like the pain of being run over and violent seizures, I agree a good stable LAND RACE Afghani or crosses using genetics from the Hindu Kush valley, or even Lebanon's famous Hash Plants have helped nail my body back together in quick form. I have been growing legally now for almost two years this December and have tried many of the strains recommended here as my guideposts. This thread and it's members have helped me immeasurably and I thank all who have participated. I am currently growing Northern Lights, Sour Diesel, and clone only OG Kush, both Indica and Sativa versions. I am very partial to the OG Sativa and a Chem Dog I have regenerated as mothers and look forward to trying the Pineapple Chunk written and recommended here highly so effectively. That rattler took the time and energy to grow, harvest, dry, cure, and then share this experience with such acumen is good enough for me!
THANKS
+REP TO ALL you guys make an old man proud!!

Shark Shock is strong stuff.....

SharkBud_3_.JPG
SharkBud1.JPG

hey folks. i dont want seeds. i do want info on land race and what that means.
land race strains are ? to me. i have some already but am clueless of what they are. length of veg and flwr time is one of my curiousities. effects, ect...
thanks much

A landrace is a local variety of a domesticated animal or plant species which has developed largely by natural processes, by adaptation to the natural and cultural environment in which it lives. It differs from a formal breed which has been bred deliberately to conform to a particular standard type. Landraces are usually more genetically and physically diverse than formal breeds. Many formal breeds originated from landraces, and sometimes a particular type has both landrace and formal breed populations. Sometimes a formalised breed retains the "landrace" name, despite no longer being a true landrace.

The layman's interpretation is a strain that has grown in one spot for a very long time and become stronger due to any adversity that is indigenous to that area. e.g.:Hindu Kush

I have harvested, dried, and cured, my latest crop of Chemdog, SFV OG Kush, and Medicine Man from Mr Nice. I would say the Medicine Man is hands down among the strongest Marijuana I have smoked in recent memory. For the daytime I like the SFV OG Kush and the sativa OG Kush I obtained from Los Angeles when a friend returned called Skywalker. It is a beauty with smooth hard hitting smoke. I myself would recommend the Medicine Man to any Medical Patient who has a high tolerance and needs quality that packs a punch. I would post some pics but my PC is in the shop and I am on a Macbook and do not have pics in this laptop.
Please keep us posted with your latest and greatest buds so we can help the millions who are unable to grow and those who grow for them.

Medicine Man from Mr Nice.

Isn't that the old White Rhino? If so... ya, it's got a bit of a kick to it (or was that a bludgeon, lol?).

A good SoG candidate, perhaps à la 2-liter hempy, methinks.

Isn't that the old White Rhino? If so... ya, it's got a bit of a kick to it (or was that a bludgeon, lol?).

A good SoG candidate, perhaps à la 2-liter hempy, methinks.

Yes TS the Medicine Man is a selected White Rhino that was reworked for higher THC and yield by Shatibaba, Howard Marks, and Neville, to be the beast it is today. It grows like crazy and I have the pics to prove it
Picture_2253.jpg
Picture_2073.jpg
Picture_0687.jpg
Picture_0677.jpg

I love the Medicine Man it will be in my garden for some time to come.

Back
Top Bottom