The ultimate grow room

yeah im just gonna get my feet wet..thanks..Do i or should i use something other than a mh for growing?? I was thinking i would use a 1k mh and maybe a t5 to grow, then just a 1k hps to bud?? What ya think?? Also ordering off the net what store you recommend ?? I was gonna get a pre-paid card or money order and have it go to a friends house.

You should consider just getting a 8 site ebb and flow system with a 1000w light on a mover to start then work up from there. I would consider whatever you decide to go with you are going to have failures so dont give up if you decide to buy ebb and grow or a volksgarden keep using it till you master it as everygrowing system has its ups and downs but once you learn where a problem is likely to come from you can then take measures to prevent it. You may want to consider starting in soil first just to learn the traits of the strain you decide to grow then move to hydroponic ,aeroponic,fogponic,nft,who knows what type of grow for instance in the uk I believe nft is the current popular growing method but I have seen some kick ass systems of all types what I have noticed most is it is the grower who makes the garden more then it is the equipment as long as you can provide a decent enviroment with optimal lighting ,no extreme heat or humidity and you are careful with every aspect of the grow the plants will turn out good and they will look beautiful but ignore it to much or nit pick to much and you will end up wasting time and money. I think the best advice anyone can give you when building your room is to put in the equipment you understand the best and can make work with the least amount of mucking about and just remember to K.I.S.S. (keep it simiple stupid) that is the most important thing to remember about growing is keep it simple.

How do you put in a power system?? My buddy can do electrical, but give me the basics please.

I can help you but you will have to be more detailed. Solar, hydro, wind, generator, ups or utility power. To give you an estimate my rooms combined are over 900 sq ft or 6000 cu ft and I have a 200amp single phase service at about 75% capacity on utility power with 1000kva ups and 75k generator back up.

Room is 11x14x8. Gotta use state power for now with whatever rate they wanna charge. It would be nice to go solar panels. You should see this place. MY girl is rich, we stay in a huge 5 bdrm. brick son of a bitch right on the water. I have 2 nextgen 4/600w digital ballasts. Got the agrosun 400w mh, but thinking to add more. Maybe the t5 or led's???
Its just wired for a standard bedroom. Thanks for all the input...its nice to have someone hold your hand!. What other lights should I get to veg, and from whom, what site??

Thanks man, ponyboy

How do you put in a power system?? My buddy can do electrical, but give me the basics please.

Well I would suggest you run at least 60-100amp service to your grow rooms and put in a seperate fuse box for that room. But I would suggest going as big as you can if you can put in a 200amp service then you will have no problems expanding your rooms as need requires.

Check your meter main to see how much amprager you have advailble. You may need to upgrade your service. IMHO I would install 100amp sub atleast. Gives you room for expansion. To load calc watts/volts= amps.

the foot print on an LED will not work for a big grow room you would need to many.VEG in MH 6000 watt and bloom with 6000watt of HPS.this will get the max in his room and have plenty of watt per foot.you just make sure your ballist are switchable hps to mh you will cool them with your 150 can blowers.my room is about the same size, his true grow area will be about 10x10 100square.

Great 2-600's will make a great room. Make sure to contain that light. Your 600 is good for about a 3 x 3 area. Put it in a 3 x 3 area not in a 10 x 10 with 3 x 3 of plants. at minimum use a corner. choose the style or type of garden; hydro, soil or hybrid. read some journals, find someones kit that you can relate to and kind of copy or mimic them (if they are having success). tune it to your space. You know like they say in AA, "fake it till you make it!" Stick to the basics: Food, ph, air quality and tempurature. don't go overboard with co2, computers and bells and whistles. there are guys on these forums that can keep up with the best of them using peters plant food from wal-mart!

Growing a plant is simple, not to be confused with easy but it can be.

Back
Top Bottom