My ultimate grow room

Well, I have a quick update. I brought in a 65 pint/day de-humidifier. I plumbed a drain to the outside with an appliance hose with one end cut off. The gap around the edge of the hole is caulked with dark/opaque silicone sealant. I have painted all outside vents, etc to match the building. pics soon.

The girls are going crazy! pics of them also to follow.

Just a couple nights ago I has problems with the breaker to the fans and A/C popping twice a night. This has been during heavy rains in the last week. I opened up the panel and noticed some water marking/oxidation on the connection contacts on the breaker. I replaced it and will be adding no-ox (silicone contact dressing) to the breakers today or tomorrow. Other than that all seems to be going smoothly.

Someone earlier in this thread was curious about electric use. I have been up almost a month and will have some figures after next bill.

Again, pics soon. Perhaps tonight...

Sounds good. Glad you are so thorough, as it would have sucked dealing with all the little things during the grow. +rep for coming prepared. I foresee an "Ultimate Growroom" in the near future for you.

OK everyone, I figured out my power problem... The heater I bought (I have several of them which have never had issues) has a digital thermostat; however, it is off by 7*. When I had it set at 70* it was actually trying to heat the room to 77*. My ideal temp is 75* which was turning my heater and A/C on at the same time... The heater alone draws 10A when on. My solution is to run a separate circuit for the heater. I may also run a dedicated circuit to the A/C at some point. Damn! That issue was killing me! Glad it is solved...

wow that is why I do NOT consider myself a handy man. I'd have ground my teeth to nubs and pulled all my hair out and still gotten nowhere.

OK, here we are with some overdue pics...

Here is a shot of the girls now (2wks. bloom); time to spread them out under another light or two...

DSC00718r.JPG

This is an updated shot of the "control wall" showing new A/C and filter placement...

DSC00719r.JPG

And this one is a shot showing the new A/C and the new LG 65 pint dehumidifier...

DSC00720r.JPG

Hope these pics help and inspire...

Another note; we here in the Pac NW put up with and fight spider mites, namely "2-spot" mites, on a regular (all-too-regular) basis... We are on our 2nd. Rx of Azatrol and have a new (last) one in two days. We use a commercial-grade fogger with 1.5gal. H2O + 3oz. Azatrol for a 3 hr. spray. Amazing results BTW, but that is for another thread...

Wow those girls are really taking off Kick'. Your skills are showing.

Thank you everyone. We shall see... I was only able to get 5 Mazzars cloned and the others are G13s; I would rather have had all Mazzars or at least 8-10 of them. They were more difficult to root, even with a machine. One issue was (I believe) the foam plugs in the machine were wore out. I was trying to put off the expense of new plugs but had to finally get them. At one time I had almost 100% success; hopefully those days are back...

Thank you everyone. We shall see... I was only able to get 5 Mazzars cloned and the others are G13s; I would rather have had all Mazzars or at least 8-10 of them. They were more difficult to root, even with a machine. One issue was (I believe) the foam plugs in the machine were wore out. I was trying to put off the expense of new plugs but had to finally get them. At one time I had almost 100% success; hopefully those days are back...

Everything looks great bud! Isn't it funny how we spend all of this money on the gear for our rooms and whatnot, but when it comes to replacing some neoprene pucks or other small re-usable item, we are like " Oh, I'm sure this will last another round or two...". I think this won't be much for you to overcome. I'm pretty sure your succes rate is about to increase....:yahoo:

I look forward to seeing this grow pan out. PNW is so moist/cool all of the bugs feel like taking nice warm sunny vacations in our grow rooms! Screw that!

Everything looks great bud! Isn't it funny how we spend all of this money on the gear for our rooms and whatnot, but when it comes to replacing some neoprene pucks or other small re-usable item, we are like " Oh, I'm sure this will last another round or two...". I think this won't be much for you to overcome. I'm pretty sure your succes rate is about to increase....:yahoo:

I look forward to seeing this grow pan out. PNW is so moist/cool all of the bugs feel like taking nice warm sunny vacations in our grow rooms! Screw that!

Thanks for the kind words.

BigDeal - It's kinda funny (I am sure you can relate)... When people come here/visit from elsewhere in the country they are like "mites? You got mites?"; then I have to explain (once again) that mites are a simple fact of life here. They flourish in an indoor environment here and there are plenty of them everywhere outside... LOL! (+reps on that one).

Another update:

I finally had to relocate the propane tank for the CO2 generator. The plants are getting to big to maneuver around so I drilled a hole in the wall and relocated the bottle outside the room. Photos to follow. Week 3 of bloom is coming to an end so my tie-up and skirting must be completed in the next two days. Again, photos to follow...

My last grow consisted of Mazzar and White Widow. The Mazzars were indeed more difficult to clone, as 100% success didn't happen. They also grew taller than the WW and had a kinda diesel aroma to it, much more pronounced than the WW. Also, the ratio of Male to Female out of 3 seeds planted was 3 female-0 male. BigBud, out of 3 seeds has netted me one not viable and 2 male. The most impressive thing about it is the size of the seeds. Biggest seeds I have ever laid eyes upon, bar none. I have 7 seeds left. Next grow, I'll try 2 more. Bubblegum has been the same. 2 seeds-2 grows-both male. Northern Lights is my current campaign. I've never done a G-13, but I was under the impression that was the best of the best of the best. Is that not correct? :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom