Theblvckswordsman

blvckswords

Hey everybody. I'm a super noob I haven't grown anything ever but I've wanted to try my hand with this for years. I've been visiting the forums of 420mag since around 2012. As I read I attempted to build a grow box because I felt inspired but that was a failure lol. But im back I had money to spare and ended up buying a tent kit. I recently got seeds. I'm attempting my first germ w 1 fem Zkittlez Glue about 3 days in and it's really bringing me down that I feel like I'm not doing well lol. But anyway I'm still going to try wish me luck I guess.

:welcome: Nice one for taking the leap and getting stuck in. This is the best place to learn. What setup do you have and have you thought about starting a journal?
Thanks and yeah I always get the most info from here plus the members are all pretty cool. I have a 2x2 marshydro since space wouldnt allow me to go bigger. But im satisfied for now. And yes I was going to start one after my first seed pops. Im nervous lol

You're set up now blvckswords! so what do you think's going on?
Ehh I'm hoping it just needs a little more time. But I was a bit impatient and kept checking on it not sure if that halts growth or not. Possible temp issue I thought at first because it was around 68° F but I heard it should be fine w that temp.

Ehh I'm hoping it just needs a little more time. But I was a bit impatient and kept checking on it not sure if that halts growth or not. Possible temp issue I thought at first because it was around 68° F but I heard it should be fine w that temp.
68 is ok but they grow slow at that temp. 64 and they really don't want to do much at all so the warmer weather will help. I've been keeping a seedling heat mat under my pots for that reason this year. 18 watts of power usage and it seems to be working great set at 80F!

68 is ok but they grow slow at that temp. 64 and they really don't want to do much at all so the warmer weather will help. I've been keeping a seedling heat mat under my pots for that reason this year. 18 watts of power usage and it seems to be working great set at 80F!
Is there a brand you recommend? I've been looking but alot get bad reviews so I had trouble finding one. Really helpful info btw thanks.

How are you germinating the seeds and what will you be growing them in? Don't panic. We've all been there constantly worrying about our first grow.
Soaked the seed for about 48 hours maybe a bit longer then moved to paper towel method. The seed is a bit darker than the rest so maybe it's old but when it was soaking in water I did remove the topa bunch of times ‍:confused:. And man super nervous, maybe too much lol.

Cool. What nutrients will you be using? Have never used the paper towel method personally but lots do, so if you have any issues with that someone will be able to help out.
What do you use? This is my first time growing ever so I'm still working out what's best for me. Love to know about every method honestly. And I dont have any nutes yet.

What do you use? This is my first time growing ever so I'm still working out what's best for me. Love to know about every method honestly. And I dont have any nutes yet.
I just soak until I get a small tap root. Usually 48 hrs. Then put them into soil. Usually pop up a couple of days later.

Is there a brand you recommend? I've been looking but alot get bad reviews so I had trouble finding one. Really helpful info btw thanks.
I get them on ebay pre owned, different makers. Make sure to get a controller with them if you do. Without one they go to 120F and that's too hot in my opinion. This last pair said pre owned but they were new. I plug 2 into one controller and could run 4 I believe, they run so low power.

Hi and welcome, your at the right place to learn, we've all been impatient when we all started out, what light will you be using and as far as germinating goes I put my seeds in the paper towel method inside a sealed tub just sat on my xbox or in my bearded dragons tank, I'm sure they will pop for you

Hi and welcome, your at the right place to learn, we've all been impatient when we all started out, what light will you be using and as far as germinating goes I put my seeds in the paper towel method inside a sealed tub just sat on my xbox or in my bearded dragons tank, I'm sure they will pop for you
For some reason I had the idea that light ruins the seed unless it's in soil. I have no idea why lol

Yeah light can damage roots. That's why I soak it in a shot glass in a dark cupboard until it just pops the tap root. Then it's straight into soil. Less chance of damaging a long tap root and minimal exposure to light.

Back
Top Bottom