Things in the South need to change

wildbill38

I live in the South and the politicans suck,
we need medical marijuana here. Yes i smoke
and I would love to be able to grow my own medicine.
But 1000 dollar fine and 5 years in jail for 1 plant
not gonna happen. I write the so called leaders of this state,
tweet to them and it seems like a loosing battle.
I was around when columbian gold was the best thing to smoke
showing my age huh lol. Nice forum here on 420.
Glad to be a part of it.

Welcome! I to live in the south and totally agree the politicians dont give
A hoot about the peoples needs only controlling them, i dont plan on
Being here much longer um going to where the grass is literally greener
Which is any state that supports my beliefs and way of life and respects
My freedoms.420 is great lots of smart guys/gals who all have a common
Goal ....spread the knowledge of the wonderful plant :welcome:

dont give up. politicians only care for their green. money. stick with the stickiest. ppl like u n i will not listen to their bs politician speeches forever. if things dont change i see a revolution. this country is based on what people want. not what congress or the president say. i fear the us has forgotten why everyone wanted 2 be here in the states. freedom.

I (of course) also live in the south, DEEP south. I can see progress is being made, not much, but some. In our state, legislation has been introduced 2 years in a row, and will be again this year. Last year the top legislator hearing the "testimony ?" said he could see some of the points made, but in a state that still has dry counties, we where facing a huge uphill battle. At least he was honest. But HEY, I've been fighting the good fight for 40 years now, (wait, it's 2013, over 40 years) I still have some fight left. Never give up hope. And maybe before I die, I'll see a Dispensary!

I live in the South and the politicans suck,
we need medical marijuana here. Yes i smoke
and I would love to be able to grow my own medicine.
But 1000 dollar fine and 5 years in jail for 1 plant
not gonna happen. I write the so called leaders of this state,
tweet to them and it seems like a loosing battle.
I was around when columbian gold was the best thing to smoke
showing my age huh lol. Nice forum here on 420.
Glad to be a part of it.

Hey wildbill, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you’ll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

Hey wildbill, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you’ll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

Thanks i been around this forum just lurking trying to help when
I see fit to help. I hope to be able to post a few grows when this
ignorant state wises up. This is the best forum
I belong too.

wildbill38,
Howdy y'all! Welcome to the south! I understand the "when this ignorant state wises up" statement ALL to well! I am doing a medical grow, as it is a necessity for me. The One good thing I will present, in favor of the south, is that the Bill of Rights is considered important here. That means the 4th is also. So, if you are reasonable in a grow, and use a carbon filter, there are few chances at being caught. But I do realize, also, the implications are extreme.

I wish the best for you and your choices.

Dude keep contacting you representatives .
I spent 3 days at my state capital , listenening to DR, retire cops and many other great for the cause testamonials, and just buy there body language, it could be seen, that they (those apoited BY the people , FOR the people ) still are not ready for this, and got almost the same answer as the last 3-4 years "Lets wait and see what happens over there".
WHAT A LINE OF BAD SMELLY STUFF
I pay attention to Normal ( hope it is ok to say this ) about 8 years ago.
They are an awsome group of people .

Sorry for the rant.
:Namaste: :peace:

The state rep we have is a bible thumper who belives
in the refer madness bs. I got a email back from
her about hemp I sent. This is what she said,
I was a nurse for ??? many yrs and i belive
Marijuana causes lung cancer.
And this was about legilizing hemp
and almost everyone knows you dont smoke hemp.

It trully is a shame.
Some people are so brain washed into being sheep, it is impossible to get them to think for themselves.
My dad is one of these people
Even after my mom stopped feeding him pharma drugs, and suplimented his diet with cannabis, after a month of "improved living" he caught on and had a temper tantrium .
He would rather take 14 different pills a day and still feel like crap then eat 2-4"x4"x2" brownies and not be bothered by taking the 6 pills to help him and 8 (yes that is eight) pills to counter the side effects.
Until DC is over taken by my generation(I am 37)or the next , we will continue to have these issues.

Hi Wildbill :)

I don't think the problem is just in the South, but it might be worse there. I wish I could be an outspoken public advocate for legalization, but I grow, so I'm afraid that might bring me a little more attention than I would like. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That video was awesome btw! +rep

oh ya, I'm continually surprised how many 'older' members we have here. I'm in my 40s which tends to make me old in most online circles. Not so much here :)

There is a lot of great people on this site.
The 420 admins are way to eager to help
when needed. And most members will also.
I spend most of my days reading and learning from the
best growers out there.
The older gen, here we been through a lot
with all the negitave bs about marijuana.
I just hope 1 day all the elected officals wake up
and relize mj is medicine and not just a way to get hopped up.

Back
Top Bottom