• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Loner

420 Member
Hello,

I'm a long time lurker of these forums, and I've decided it might be fun to start a journal here. I'm pretty good at growing, but I suck at forums and presentation. It'll mostly be for fun.

I recently picked up some seeds from Authentic genetics, and I was going to run Skunk #1, Hawaiian lights, Pure Indica, and Northern Lights #2.

Receiving these seeds made me think about the stock I've got from 15ish years ago, which include Reservoir seeds: Sour Diesel, Chem DD, SSSDH, Quick Mist Diesel, Chemdog D(IX, BX, IBL) and a few others. Kryptonite seeds(Capt Crip): Pre98 bubba, ogk(sfv, Abusive) Chem D and others. Most of the Kryptos are crosses of each other. I've also got seeds from Greenhouse Seeds, Sannies Seeds, Mandala Seeds and a few others from that time frame.

I don't know it any of these are going to geminate, given their age, but I might give it a shot.

If none of these seeds germinate, I'd be sticking with the AGSEEDS, in addition to Greenpoint Seeds Oreoz and Jelly Pie.

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing any of these in a grow journal. Like I said, I suck at forums. If there are enough interested people, it's with the effort to me though.

Ah, but probably not in the fridge, right? It's the frequent changes in temp and humidity that can quickly degrade the viability of seeds.

There are some techniques for assisting with germinating older seeds but I personally have not tried them.

Ah, but probably not in the fridge, right? It's the frequent changes in temp and humidity that can quickly degrade the viability of seeds.

There are some techniques for assisting with germinating older seeds but I personally have not tried them.
No fridge. They were mostly kept in a cool, dry basement. The desiccant and the packaging should've kept the humidity from fluctuating to much. The basements temperatures varied depending on the time of year, but it was pretty slow and consistent changes

No fridge. They were mostly kept in a cool, dry basement. The desiccant and the packaging should've kept the humidity from fluctuating to much. The basements temperatures varied depending on the time of year, but it was pretty slow and consistent changes
Yeah but even so I would think that they’re not gonna germinate. Lots of Sponsors for seeds though. I like @Herbies Seeds myself. Happy growing. CL🍀

"So, you're saying there's a chance." :thumb:

Bring it! Let's see what you got. Don't burn 'em all in one go though in case there's lessons to be learned along the way.

Welcome to the mag family bro :welcome: Don't play with that super silver sour diesel 🤙🤙 that's on my list for sure!!
Oh and no more antisocial behaviour 😂 lurkers are creeps 🤣 I joke 🤣 ✌️✌️

Welcome to the mag family bro :welcome: Don't play with that super silver sour diesel 🤙🤙 that's on my list for sure!!
Oh and no more antisocial behaviour 😂 lurkers are creeps 🤣 I joke 🤣 ✌️✌️
Thanks,
I actually started the germination process last night, and the SSSDH was one of them. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was cruising around to see if any of these genetics were for sale anywhere, and I came across seedbay having the SSSDH in stock there.

Many years ago, I was given some seeds from a friend's uncle that he claimed was from Jamaica. He claimed it was from a trip he took about 20 years prior to giving them to me. 8/10 of those germinated successfully so I'm feeling pretty good about these. Those ended up being a 16 week strain and it was fantastic.

Nice bro one of my favourites hopefully she's a stinky one 😂

If the Jamaican seeds took that log in flower the I would have believed him.. and if your old seeds pop and get true leaves it's game on! 🤞🤞 for ya 👍

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Loner

I see you have some old strains that haven't been around for a while.
Do you have any images you would like the share?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Thanks,
I actually started the germination process last night, and the SSSDH was one of them. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was cruising around to see if any of these genetics were for sale anywhere, and I came across seedbay having the SSSDH in stock there.

Many years ago, I was given some seeds from a friend's uncle that he claimed was from Jamaica. He claimed it was from a trip he took about 20 years prior to giving them to me. 8/10 of those germinated successfully so I'm feeling pretty good about these. Those ended up being a 16 week strain and it was fantastic.
You can store seeds for years and still have them germinate I’ve heard but they have to be stored properly. The U.S. has an enormous seed bank and has experts who run it. I would think if you followed all the steps you’d be fine but from what you described I’m not sure 🤔. CL🍀

I'd like to see you go for it if only because 10 years from now I'll likely have some 15-year old seeds! :Rasta:

Oh, and welcome to 420!

Back
Top Bottom