This is very disappointing

Cannoisseuras

Hello family I hope everyone is doing well. I am writing this because whenever I come to the section to introduce yourself time and time again I see the same thing. I see a new member introduce themselves and maybe around 3 people welcome them. As a community of people who are passionate about cannabis (both medicinal and recreational) we have to do better then that. I speak from experience when I say that I introduced myself when I first joined and barely got any responses. It almost made me want to give up on this site and search for another more friendly site. We can do better people.

Welcome to all of the newcomers. Whether your a grower,smoker, or just looking for something new or for the many medical benefits WELCOME. You my friends are in the rite spot.

I joined this site never not having grown a single plant by myself and I did not have enough confidence to even tell people that ive had some experience out of fear of failing. It was the very few members that reached out to me that I talk to or try to talk to on a daily basis. It is their guidance and experience that helped me and most of all it was the fact that you all believed in me and that I could do it and eventually learn to do it well.

I am not in a dream world where everyone loves everyone. I know that no matter what some personalities will clash and some will bond but we as a community need to make a conscious effort to reach out.

Ive overcome loss, beaten a 20 year opiate addiction, given up alcohol as well as greatly reduced the occurrence of panic attacks that use to frequent me along with my bipolar mood swings. Cannabis has truly helped to change my life and when I was stuck in my rut it will always still there to help me get through.

If I can do it then anyone can but I believe we can accomplish so much more working together. Lets reach out to one another. When you have people that close then you never have to feel alone.

Shalom!
420-magazine-mobile579564142.jpg
420-magazine-mobile274287089.jpg

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Are we being scolded? This is a pretty welcoming forum. Have you seen the other ones? It is cool when people go out of their way to welcome new members, and hopefully there will always be a few welcomes for every new member who introduces themselves, but we don't all have time to perform this function. I don't think there's any need to get upset about it. 420 used to hire a member as official welcoming committee. The committee never seemed to be able to keep up though. A couple years ago I used to go out of my way to do it. Every day dozens more people joined the forum- I couldn't keep up, because there's only so much time in life. Now I try to focus my efforts on helping people with whatever questions I may have some insight on. I have a feeling people will manage ok.

Not sure if this is negative or not.. I myself did not feel as welcome as i thought.. Maybe this is due to me also being bipolar and being bipolar acceptence plays a very big role in my life, which i think plays a very big role in other bipolar peoples life's too.9 As we always have the fear of people judging and labelling us even tho we arent even sure if thats the case.. I myself is have been struggling with an opiate addiction for roughly a third of my life and sadly i still am... I have found that cannabis has help me in a lot of aspects in my love but im unfortunately still not anywhere near i want to be.. I can understand and sympathize where you coming from and sadly believe alot wont.. Maybe im just rambling on about useless stuff here but i do feel your point being valid or at least from my point of view ( being that from a bipolar perspective or not ) on another note i glad you to hear you free yourself from the chains of an opiate addictions and being bipolar at the same time.. You have given me new hope so to speak..

Well, welcome to the forum Chronic. It's a big place and you'll find all kinds of interesting info and help here.
It's probably true that there's a bit of a gap in the welcoming committee end of things. Especially this winter the forum has faced some major spam attacks and issues that have taken up a lot of valuable time among the already overworked staff. Their workload is huge. If there is a gap to be filled, then I think putting a positive word out among those members who seem to have a lot of time on their hands and want to help out, or just going ahead and doing it, will go farther in the end.

Now I agree that YOU cant welcome everyone as to how fast these people post and I totally 100% understand and agree.

Chronic monkey if you ever need someone to talk to im always here. It may talk a few hours to respond if im at work but I will respond. Sorry that your bipolar makes you feel like that at times I have felt the same. I tried so many meds for bipolar and depression and none have helped me as much as cannabis has.

And weasel you were one of the people I see greeting people. So keep up the good work.

Riley may you are right. People on here are awesome I never said that anybody wasnt awesome.

BUT

and this is the huge factor that gets me.
Why is it when you scroll through you will see a post and on that post you will see how many views its had. It's usually like 90 views and 2 responses. If you take the time to click their post then take the time to read their post then why wouldnt you take the time to just write. HI WELCOME now thats where I think we are falling short.

Salute to everyone, love to be a part of a nation of medicine. I have been enjoying the the many creative pictures- scientifically made. I look to become acquainted with that Arizona plant. Do to cronic back problems prevents me from indulging in the stronger grown food. It helps me sleep but the process, the inhaling that may cause the body to jerk from coughing. Irks my cronic back troubles, which at times brings me to a knee. I'm in love with the Arizona grow, need help with particular seeds.

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thats wassup. At least thats what is about for me. I still have my swings but I am alot more stable when it comes to mood swings but talking and joking with the people on here that I grew friendships with always seems to brighten my day (usually) and the people that I dont like or urk my nerves are nothing that a blunt wont fix.

Do you have a grow going?

Being a new member myself, I feel welcome without any response. But we are all here to discuss the enjoyment exotic plants bring to the environment. So a greeting with a question just may warrant a response sooner or later; inbetween juggling the tasks of life itself.

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

and this is the huge factor that gets me.
Why is it when you scroll through you will see a post and on that post you will see how many views its had. It's usually like 90 views and 2 responses. If you take the time to click their post then take the time to read their post then why wouldnt you take the time to just write. HI WELCOME now thats where I think we are falling short.

As for this mystery- Non members can view but not post. Non-members online outnumber members about 35 to 1 on average. Bots and webcrawlers go through websites and view stuff to collect info, and they don't post either. And I go through many a thread that I don't reply to, because I don't have access to a clear answer on the questions in it.

Good read Canno. This needed said. Thank You.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

As for this mystery- Non members can view but not post. Non-members online outnumber members about 35 to 1 on average. Bots and webcrawlers go through websites and view stuff to collect info, and they don't post either. And I go through many a thread that I don't reply to, because I don't have access to a clear answer on the questions in it.
That explains a lot. I did not know about the non members being able to view. That makes me feel alot better. I hated seeing that

Back
Top Bottom