Time to Chop?

thevoid395

Hello Everyone,
I have a questions about the pics below........ i think she is ready for the chop, but not too sure as you can see she does not have very many trichomes yet her flowers are very hard, not only that but she has more red than white pistols. So may i ask you guys and girls, please look at my pics and give me your advice please.:Namaste:
Thank you

6700.jpg
5793.jpg
41017.jpg
31363.jpg
21536.jpg
12002.jpg

There's still a lot of white pistils on her, I would wait a week, then post some pics. I go by the trichomes, but most of the pistils are brown when I chop.

Thank you danklover79, i will do that........ anyone else? 155 views and only one reply? its all good :green_heart:

thanks.... she's about 30 days in flower and almost 3 feet tall, I am not sure what she is. she comes from the bag, a friend wanted me to grow it out. the nugs on this are very tight and hard, the digital microscope i have is not doing such a great job of showing me her trich's so I though I would ask. ill see about getting some micro pics up loaded next. thanks again peps your help is much appreciated :Namaste:

That's what I would do, but can you try something with the camera first? Get the camera 3-4 inches away, and use the zoom to get in real close, try to focus in on the trichomes, like this.
20130816_184214.jpg
20130816_184327.jpg
20130816_184418.jpg
Hopefully when you take the pics, we will be able to see color in the trichs.
Thanks Danklover79.... so flush for this week and cut next week? Thanks again:thanks:

what type of camera do u use. do u zoom in when taking the photo? this is the best I can do, not so great. can you make anything out with this?

tmp_20131014_190941-39207460.jpg
tmp_20131014_190812766112497.jpg
tmp_20131014_1908092065882781.jpg
tmp_20131014_190941-39207460.jpg

thanks again

I agree. I think they are close to finishing myself. If you cannot get a picture of the trics with a loupe or mag of some sort, I would flush then and plain water until you see her losing the green of her fan leaves. You dont want her roots full of chemicals and unpleasant tasting ferts but you do want her to use them in your buds. :) Just a guess, But Id say after a flush, she will be 10-14 days out. But thats just a guess. Tric pics are alot more definitive. ;)

I will say that she is looking nice sir. :thumb:

I think the pistols is a little perplexing on this one. :hmmmm: The ones that are brown appear to be withered showing maturity and a few calyx's appear slightly swollen too. Then you have those stark white hairs. It may actually be 'foxtailing' to a degree. :hmmmm:

That is one good reason to go by the Trichromes, They show you how truly ripe your fruit is. I use a 30x magnifier to do a quick check and a 60x mini microscope when it looks like time to harvest. There are great pictures of this method in these forums under when to harvest.
Got to love 'em.

Here is the location in these forums, its another good place to look at Trichomes
Forum, THE GROW ROOM, How to Grow Marijuana, What are Trichomes? Trichome 101.

Back
Top Bottom