To defoliate or not - I want to hear real first hand stuff guys - I'm pro

Lol here you go
420-magazine-mobile881730454.jpg
420-magazine-mobile485263308.jpg
420-magazine-mobile65342167.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2128441948.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2088711875.jpg
that last one is my caramelicious she is looking pretty good to. all pics are like two minutes old gonna strip her one more time

I'm on my first grow, but I'm sold on defoliation. I started with four regens a friend gave me. Unfortunately he has bad eyesight and didn't know he had powdery mildew. I saw it and learned what it was after several weeks of explosive growth after some tipping and training. I began removing the effected leaves and every day more popped up. I ended up removing every nature fan leaf on the plant. It stalled out for about ten days, just putting on new tiny leaves all over the stems. Then growth tips stated taking off. Four weeks later I Lollypopped all branches. I veg'd for 13 weeks.

The first pic is after the first major defoliation and the last two are current pic, 16 days into flower.

420-magazine-mobile946845934.jpg

420-magazine-mobile585156088.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1616638192.jpg

Being a newbie, I'm a bit concerned that I have too many kolas and the plants available energy might be spread too thin. We shall see. I'm considering another defoliation next week and removing not just fan leaves to get better light and air movement, but all small growth tips as well so all energy goes into the 29 kolas on her!

She's a Durban Poison btw, grown in soil and organic nutes. I have 65 watts per square foot with combo of 360 watts T5 and 600 watts LED.

Hehe there can never be to many colas last count on mine was 170 they just wont be giants maybe like robin eggs but the harvest weight will definitely be there with a little skill and lotsa luck

Hehe there can never be to many colas last count on mine was 170 they just wont be giants maybe like robin eggs but the harvest weight will definitely be there with a little skill and lotsa luck

Wow!! I have 70 on three plants and I thought that was a lot! Of course the tent I built is only 40" x 65". Well trained girls!

So these last pics, how far into flower are they now?

I do it at day 23or so and again at 45 then i just pluck any leaf that long enought to take without hurting the flower till about a week before harvest then i let her be everytime you pluck her sge gets stronger thc is a defense mechanism

Wow!! I have 70 on three plants and I thought that was a lot! Of course the tent I built is only 40" x 65". Well trained girls!

So these last pics, how far into flower are they now?
Yeah she is the self topping mutant from my other thread she had over forty her first time thru and i never did anything but defol and tie down so she went nuts on run two

Yeah she is the self topping mutant from my other thread she had over forty her first time thru and i never did anything but defol and tie down so she went nuts on run two

Yeah two of mine are regens. Can't decide wether to run them again or not. I took so many nature clones that they are gonna outgrow my smaller tent before these harvest. I love this so much I may have to go from a small bedroom grow to a greenhouse!! .

I do it at day 23or so and again at 45 then i just pluck any leaf that long enought to take without hurting the flower till about a week before harvest then i let her be everytime you pluck her sge gets stronger thc is a defense mechanism

It's amazing what these plants can take. Aside from the one I stripped naked getting set back because she put on a sea of tiny leaf and tips growth, I've never seen them so much as hiccup no matter what I do. In fact, they seem to say thanks by exploding in growth.

I've been gonna leave a plant or two untouched just to see the difference but I'm incapable!! Gotta fondle my babes!!

Take a look at schwazzing technique, as i understood you complete strip everything off, and provide everything that is essential for the girls.

Back
Top Bottom