To defoliate or not - I want to hear real first hand stuff guys - I'm pro

Newb here? I'm so afraid to trim anything above the canopy. She's under a 1000w hps so I'd like to lmthink light penetration isn't an issue. But please, any and all questions and comments are welcome
420-magazine-mobile1796300877.jpg
420-magazine-mobile844300482.jpg

Newb here? I'm so afraid to trim anything above the canopy. She's under a 1000w hps so I'd like to lmthink light penetration isn't an issue. But please, any and all questions and comments are welcome

Looking good!!! If i were you i would just cut leaves that are covering buds, or you can even try to tuck them down, but they will get up again os u have to do again, and again.... and again .

Yeah they come right back up if I tuck them. So a little snip snip is ok up top? All my trimming has been to the bottom through the screen

When I pluck the canopy I usually go for the oldest leaves fist since they would be the first ones the plant would kill off anyways then I go for the overlapping leaf, leaves, and light blocking leaves.

I usually do that regiment once a week in veg and I under trim everything up as well by the time I flip to flower everything is sitting pretty with every node that's left getting even light, then I leave them alone until stretch is over, then start in in them again starting with big leaves, over lapping leaves, and light blocking leaves then I under trim again.
Here's the trick to plucking the canopy that I've learned try to keep as much surface area of leaves exposed to light as when you start while removing the leaves that are slowing growth.

well yes it was. I took the tops last night and the wet weight of just the tops like half the plant still there was 7 oz so I'm looking to get may be as much as five oz off of one plant indoor under 400 watt not too bad. That was also a reveg

When it comes to trimming my rule of thumb is top and keep 4 main colas (keeping the 4th and 5th nodes). Any bud sites on the bottom 1.5ish foot get pulled 3 days before flower. I try to keep fan leafs on the bottom. Than just let the 3+ foot above do it's thing.

Back
Top Bottom