Too much light?

Fomerballer

My flowers are in about week 3.5-4. Using about 1200ppm flower 300-400 calmag & hydroguard.

Lights are 2x650watt led about 8” above plant. The tops and flowers are turning yellow. Is the plant too close? iPhone lum meter show about 2100lux. I know the app isn’t too accurate. I have trimmed several fan leaves out. I moved the lights about 2’ above them today, is it too late?

Have a look and comment and thank you

45167263-9B6C-48AD-854B-448E057137F9.jpeg

Yes. As stated. Raise them lights. Minimum 18 inches

Sounds like the App is off. 2100 Lux x 10 = 21,000 Lux. That's not much at all. I start seedlings with more than that.
I believe it should be closer to 60,000 - 70,000 Lux once a plant gets as big as yours. But the Taco shape leaves are saying it's either too hot or the light is too much for it. So raising the light or dimming it is the correct answer. But the app you are using does sound off. Buy a Dr. Meter Lux meter. They work great & only about $30. Be careful not to buy the cheaper ones like the Pyle. It doesn't read that high of a Lux reading & therefore useless. I found out by buying one of those first. Works on a regular house lamp... but who needs to know that.... lol.

Totally agree with Buds Buddy.
IF that reading is even close to correct then its nowhere close to too much light.
Could be lack of oxygen to the roots.
Or maybe VPD is way off like if it were say 83⁰ and 30% Humidity or visa versa like 80% humidity and 68⁰.
Maybe too high a concentration of one nutrient that's causing another to be blocked.
I usually run my lights at about 35-40,000 LUX by 4th week.

The roots look very healthy. The top leaves are pretty dry. I raised lights up to about 2’ and I sit one down. She’s drinking about a gallon a day

Back
Top Bottom