Topping a plant?

Ghostwriter31

. I did not top any of the plants . Originally I was gonna grow out in one gallon pots until I was able to sex them . I found out quickly that was not gonna work. They needed to be in bigger pots. All but one is now in 5 gallon pots . For some reason I thought I’d let them grow naturally but now I’m second guessing. I flipped the lights 5 days ago so I could determine sex. I’m not on any of them yet but if I was a betting man I’d say all 4 are female . Still too early to call though.
Regular seeds , about 7 weeks in veg and now 5 days into flower . Can I top them ? I’m worried I’m about to F up any possible yield by being stupid
Thanks team, I’ve googled and get mixed answers but most indicate to not do it . Wondering if anyone wiry experience done this late in game ?

92C4332F-506D-4EF2-8745-1284BA953331.jpeg

I would have topped them in week 3-4 or veg but that’s just my method. My opinion also on topping five days into flower just doesn’t sound right to me. The plant will stretch a bit but you need it to develop and strengthen to support bud growth. Again just an old veterans opinion:yummy:

Not trying to be a total smart ass but yes of course you can top them, all you need is a pair of snips! :cheesygrinsmiley: How that impacts yields I don’t know..... takes a minute for hormones to change but I would simply do lst unless of course you lst 3 and then top 1.... for science.

The other way around is a long haul to sex them and then go thru reveg but at that point they would be bushy monster cropped beasts

I‘m interested to see what replies come in

I just wasn’t sure if it was a smart idea to top after I’ve initiated flower
And y a I usually top between 4/5 node , this is the first grow I brain farted and just let go.
I’ll probably top them in a little bit.

I just wasn’t sure if it was a smart idea to top after I’ve initiated flower
And y a I usually top between 4/5 node , this is the first grow I brain farted and just let go.
I’ll probably top them in a little bit.
Its not a smart idea... don't top and why would you top anyway? It's counter productive 420% dont care what anyone says.

I’ve read that the first week or so into flower, the plant is still flipping from veg, and although topping is recommended in the early nodes of veg, there may be a delay in flowering with topping early into the flowering stage. But as with everything, it’s your decision and yours alone to make! Happy Growing and I wish you a heavy harvest!

Fellow growers, I wish it mattered but unfortunately I’ve had some shitty luck . I even made a separate thread stating just how shitty my luck was . In this thread I said if I was a betting man I’d say they were all female . Glad I’m not that betting men …
All 4 were flipping males , I bagged them up this morning.. having to start all over and btw, if I would have ended up with a female I wouldn’t have topped it. I made that decision to not do it so thanks for the replies

Fellow growers, I wish it mattered but unfortunately I’ve had some shitty luck . I even made a separate thread stating just how shitty my luck was . In this thread I said if I was a betting man I’d say they were all female . Glad I’m not that betting men …
All 4 were flipping males , I bagged them up this morning.. having to start all over and btw, if I would have ended up with a female I wouldn’t have topped it. I made that decision to not do it so thanks for the replies
:rip: That sucks :( /hugs

:rip: That sucks :( /hugs
Thanks , it hurt, spent the last 2 months getting them ready and keeping healthy. But I knew it was a 50/50 gamble . Afaciando seeds, Velato strain , 11 seeds @ $300, so far 1 dead after 2 weeks and 4 males , six seeds remain . What are the chances all 6 or at least 5 female ……. I doubt very seriously so the best advice I can give anyone , DO NOT BUY EXPENSIVE SEEDS. Especially regular

I’ll be completely honest, my best grow was a random bag seed of some Reggie I got from the hood like two years ago. No joke. No problems and great end product. 2.3 oz yield dry

Back
Top Bottom