Torched my plants. Will a flush help?

Ed Brown

Not sure if I over fed, or if my soil pH got off and they went deficient. Im feeding about twice a week and watering twice between feedings. FFOF 7 gal fab. Nutes are FF dirty dozen at full strength.

I thought I had flushed, but I dont think I did enough to correct the pH.

Do you flush past run off?

I'm watering 1 gal per plant when feeding and watering. pH of water is ~6-6.5. pH with nutes runs ~5.7 unless I use pH UP.

9/11
IMG_6871.JPG

9/15
IMG_6890.JPG

I knew I needed to flush when I started seeing little deficiencies popping up. However, I wasn't flushing properly. Not nearly enough RO from what I read. I hope they can still recover. I'm afraid those fan leaves are gone beyond repair. :confused:

A flush takes 3 times the water of the pot size. 7 gallon pot = 21 gallons of water. When I had to flush in the past I always pH'd my water to 6.4 that I run through it if grown in soil. Coco I go with 5.8 pH. 5.7 is too low of pH for soil. That's Hydro & Coco pH. I don't think I've ever fed Full Strength nutes. If you follow the instructions too a tee on the nute bottles you usually end up with a toxicity. Nute companies love for you to use that much so you have to buy more.
For your best results start out 1/2 strength & increase little by little until you find the sweet spot in the green leaf color.
Once they get a nice green (not too dark) you try to keep them looking the same color. Once you see the leaves start getting lighter green ... up your nutes. Different strains can handle different amounts of nutes so it's best to grow all the same strain to make things easy (but I never do).
Those plants are pretty burnt & look like they have some heat stress too. I don't think it's a total loss though. You appear to be well into flower with just a couple weeks to go. I would do a proper flush & follow it with 1/2 strength nutes & some CalMag. Then let it sit for 3 - 5 days till the pot is dry & light again before continuing to feed normally. I believe that should get you through harvest. Now you know what not to do next time. Just look at it as a lesson learned. It takes 2 - 3 grows for most before they really start grasping what needs to be done when. I'm no master grower by any means. Just been growing about 4 years now & these are things I've learned along the way. I avoid 90% of the Bro - Science you hear on here. Too many people think they found something new that works better. Then you have others spreading that info with no hard facts. Buy a book by George Cervantes or Ed Rosenthal if you want the Master's advice.
I don't know the Professor but I do know he's been around the block a few times so I'm sure he gave you good advice.
I personally use @Emilya , @Pennywise , @MrSauga , @InTheShed for advice when I have issues; but that's because we all use Mega Crop for nutes.

Back
Top Bottom