Transplanting - Will it be okay?

Bacondoggy

When I originally made the plant, I put a coffee filter at the bottom (I was thinking it would keep the soil from falling out everywhere. Anyway, when I went to transplant, the filter was gone! I mean it was just paper, but I can't believe like NONE of it is there. I was worried it was "inside" the root system, and I imagined the roots hitting g bottom and curling back up... the roots didn't feel like as much of a ball of tangled mess like I thought, but I still took a box knife (one that can extend like 6"), and cut from one side to the other. Then I put it in the bigger pot (I lined the hole with ewc and then perlite, then sprayed the hole and put the plant in and sprayed it all again with 1/4 or less kelp fish fert etc, then drenched it to be sure). It really did not like me cutting the roots, it was really shocked, now still a bit droopy... how long does a plant normally take to recover from a transplant? Mine may take longer bc of what I did to the roots. I just hope I didn't cut them up too much. It's not like I cut pieces of roots out, I just stuck the blade from one side to the other and cut. I was sad all the rain off was almost all the feed maybe just refused lol. Think it will be alright? Do these roots look locked or no? I should have taken more pics but I wanted to get the roots back in dark asap... I need to get a ph tester that WORKS. The one I have yet to return to lowes is junk, but it's reading ABOVE a 7 (like 7.5 almost, way alkaline). Ok, I hear they have ph test strips. Will this work with a soil sample? Obviously I will like to ph my water and feeds from now on, but what do you use to find out the ph of the soil itself? The test strips? Forgive my ignorance, I never used them or grower before. If it is too alkaline I hear apple cider vinegar is ok to use? What about this cheap stuff, can I use this (see pic below)?

It says diluted to 5% acidity - how much do you need to say drop 5 gal say half a point, so I have some base or reference to go off of??? I'm going to wait until I properly test ph before I mess around with ph (stupid to do if you don't know for sure it's high)... THANKS FOR READING!!!

420-magazine-mobile1147821975.jpg

420-magazine-mobile560582291.jpg

420-magazine-mobile825810512.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1131716279.jpg
420-magazine-mobile360144155.jpg

Yay it's all good and it gets to grow through a mix of spray feed ewc and perlite for the roots to go crazy

The world does not CARE how much you know, until they know how much u care.
420-magazine-mobile449266475.jpg

Cannibus can take a lot of abuse if its healthy. I don't cut the roots when I transplant, just gently muss them up a bit. generally, after transplant, a good watering, and an overnight in the dark, they perk up just fine.

Back
Top Bottom