Trichome question

Glorita

Hello All!

A little advice needed on harvest time from someone with only a few under my belt. Currently on a WW AF indoor, 48 days into flower and I am estimating a week or 2 left.

Here is a close upphoto of the Trichomes. They all look pretty clear to me,

IMG_35863.JPG

From this, about how long would you estimate till harvest? I am looking for more a head than couch lock type result, but I need to plan a trip out of town and need to make a decision pretty quick.

Thanks for any advice!!!!!

Thanks a ton for the response....I tried to get a few more photos to hopefully assist in a better assessment.

Do these help any more?

Thanks!!!!
Glorita
IMG_36396.JPG
IMG_36315.JPG
IMG_35967.JPG

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Mmm well it is reasonable well known fact that amber trichomes degrades THC content & more into CBN, CBD etc which produces a more couch lock effect...

You can read here - Marijuana - Cannabinoids - THC - CBD - CBN

Now i really don't get into the idea of being spoon feed a load of mush so it is always best to do a little research your self, just to double check, it is not hard to find other information even from other sources :thumb:

If seeking more couch lock effect it may depend on strain grown sativa vs indica or dominate genetics of strain for desired effect than rather forcing said effect...

Forcing or prolonged flowering to induce amber trichomes may result in seeds in your bud & that defeats sinsemilla (seedless bud)...

I was gonna offer my help here but looks like KingJohn and Fuzzy Duck got this covered ;)

Back
Top Bottom