trim plants or not

Gman49

my baby in 3 day in to 12/12 should i trim fan leaves off her i have uploaded photos to members gallery
thanks Gman49
IMAG03637.jpg

no. fan leaves are the main "motors" of the plant.

if you're worried about them blocking bud sites, just tie them back.

you can remove a few here and there without problems. but dont rip any off just for the hell of it.

I am a HUGE fan of very high defoliation. You can hardly find a fan leaf in the top two feet of my grows in flower. As soon as they are big enough to have an exposed stem, I pluck em. And I get very nice yield with no loss of quality. That being said, it isn't for the newbie grower.

IMPORTANT: It is NOT suggested to defoliate during stretch. This can practically shut down stretch. Most defoliators wait for about 21 days then strip. That being said, one can strip before 21 days to strategically shut down stretch if the plants are getting too tall, like getting too close to the light at max adjustment in a confined indoors space.

I have taken all fan leafs off the plant look fine ,i defoliated over 4 day much more light geting to lower buds
IMAG04852.jpg
IMAG04844.jpg

Pruning or trimming a growing marijuana plant is a good way of controlling uneven growth without bringing any harm to the marijuana plant. Don't prune the growing tip of a young seedling until after the first five-bladed leaves have formed, and the vegetative stage begins.
The large fan leaves down in the lower to middle section of the plant might get yellow. Soon as they start to turn yellow, you can just safely remove them. Remember, fan leaves are considered as the main ‘motors’ of marijuana plant. Well, if you are bit concerned about the leaves blocking the bud sites, its better you tie them back.

Pruning or trimming a growing marijuana plant is a good way of controlling uneven growth without bringing any harm to the marijuana plant. Don't prune the growing tip of a young seedling until after the first five-bladed leaves have formed, and the vegetative stage begins.
The large fan leaves down in the lower to middle section of the plant might get yellow. Soon as they start to turn yellow, you can just safely remove them. Remember, fan leaves are considered as the main ‘motors’ of marijuana plant. Well, if you are bit concerned about the leaves blocking the bud sites, its better you tie them back.

More research required young padowan.

I am a big fan of trimming. I get better light penetration. also look into lst and/or suppercropping. Both good ways of getting better light exposure.

Back
Top Bottom