True North Seeds Sponsor Billing Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed the head

Beware True North Seed Bank.

They off 'insured shipping' option at a higher premium, but when the package is not delivered they refuse to make good on the stolen shipment.

This package was due in MAY.

Here is at least one sponsor to avoid.

TNS - Send me my seeds already, you're losing a lot of referrals

Hey Ed - that's unusual, perhaps there is indeed a thief somewhere along the line
My supplier makes it very clear that the minute they leave the stores, they are not responsible for them
I do sometimes order a T shirt as well, as is harder to make that package disappear in transit
I get your frustration, but painting them in a bad light here is probably not the best way to go about resolving
Perhaps see if you can actually speak to someone they mat be able to help - it's all too easy to ping off an email saying 'Sorry, nope' than it is to say that to someone over the telephone

Thanks @Growings .

I have spoken to them in person every month since May. My order included a coffee mug for cover.

I did everything right, the wrong here is TNS charged me for product and insurance of a delivery that they stiffed me on. If TNS has forewarned me my package might not be delivered, I wouldn't have paid for insured delivery.

Consider this a public service announcement for the :420: community. If you're ripping off the community, perhaps you shouldn't be a Sponsor

TNS feedback welcome, but in no way expected or anticipated.

Thanks @Growings .

I have spoken to them in person every month since May. My order included a coffee mug for cover.

I did everything right, the wrong here is TNS charged me for product and insurance of a delivery that they stiffed me on. If TNS has forewarned me my package might not be delivered, I wouldn't have paid for insured delivery.

Consider this a public service announcement for the :420: community. If you're ripping off the community, perhaps you shouldn't be a Sponsor

TNS feedback welcome, but in no way expected or anticipated.
Chill out mate, let's see what happens
I don't see how they can ensure delivery, otherwise every crook on the plant would probably order seeds then say they didn't arrive
The guarantee is possible the quality of the seed rather than delivery - but let's see what they have to say
:peace:

Chill out mate, let's see what happens
I don't see how they can ensure delivery, otherwise every crook on the plant would probably order seeds then say they didn't arrive
The guarantee is possible the quality of the seed rather than delivery - but let's see what they have to say
:peace:
Thanks again. Delivery confirmation is an available service for any package. This ensures the package makes it to the intended recipient. 5 months of earnest effort to resolve directly with TNS is enough. I paid for this package, it has not been delivered. I am not the crook in this equation. This is as chill as I can be under the circumstance.

Thanks again. Delivery confirmation is an available service for any package. This ensures the package makes it to the intended recipient. 5 months of earnest effort to resolve directly with TNS is enough. I paid for this package, it has not been delivered. I am not the crook in this equation. This is as chill as I can be under the circumstance.
Yes, just checked out their website and you are quite correct
Presumably you have the tracking number? Contact the carriers first and they should be able to confirm that no, they were not delivered or at least find out where they are, or lost
You will need confirmation of loss/failed delivery in order for TNS to act, according to their website

Yes, just checked out their website and you are quite correct
Presumably you have the tracking number? Contact the carriers first and they should be able to confirm that no, they were not delivered or at least find out where they are, or lost
You will need confirmation of loss/failed delivery in order for TNS to act, according to their website
All gone over ad nauseum with TNS
Canadian post shows it relayed to US Post/Customs in May
I am given no means to check beyond that.

It takes a lot of effort to get a hold of a human up there. They have yet to return a call. According to my last conversation with a living TNS representative, US Customs may have intercepted this, and US Customs may send me a notice. TNS claims that with this US Customs interception notice, they will honor their shipment guarantee.

I don't believe them.

Canadian post clearly show the package as not delivered. I think TNS is pushing an unfortunate cost of business expense onto their customers which makes for bad business.

Beware True North Seed Bank.

They off 'insured shipping' option at a higher premium, but when the package is not delivered they refuse to make good on the stolen shipment.

This package was due in MAY.

Here is at least one sponsor to avoid.

TNS - Send me my seeds already, you're losing a lot of referrals
some years ago used them - expensive - ended up paying $50.00 for a coffee cup their shipping expense is crazy - never again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just an ordinary bank nothing special

:cheesygrinsmiley: Good morning Venerable Stoners, and Good morning to @True North Seed Bank too.
:nomo: I see no response yet :hmmmm:
That's okay, I am happy to recap.

Below a snapshot of my loyal and returning customer history :cheesygrinsmiley: ordering cover mugs and insuring like a good customer should :cheesygrinsmiley:
10 14 2021 TNS.JPG

Once again, the order I never received is 100191987-1 above mislabeled as Complete.

:nomo:Here is the update, or rather complete lack of an update from Canadian Post, since May 18
10 14 2021 TNS post status.JPG

:oops: And finally, our Venerable 420 Community Member - 420 Sponsor Dispute counter :oops:
10 14 2021 TNS counter.JPG

Alternative time units are fun. My favorite in this context is 42.74% of 2021.

This is bad for your business and bad for me, let's resolve it.

US$168.94 refund, or, replacement shipment ???

Tempus Fugit

How many negative repones are needed to stop being a sponsor - If the Bank is "bad" stop supporting it !!
In fairness @True North Seed Bank may not be deserving of, it's 'only' 28 hours since 420 notified this Sponsor via this last resort venue.

:hmmmm: True, they did have 155 days previously to resolve out of the public eye.

Hello Ed,

I would like to apologize for your recent experience with us. We will happily look into and resolve this issue with you.

TNSB is a Canadian based company who strives on shipping both domestic and international orders in a safe and efficient manner. In order to secure your orders arrival we offer stealth shipping options as well as shipping insurance - purchasing insurance will ensure that any misplaced orders are reshipped OR refunded to our customers at no further expense. We will need proof of confiscations from the post in order to honour our insurance policy - otherwise it would make for some happy scammers lol!

After reviewing your order 100191987-1 and tracking number it looks like last we were waiting for proof of confiscation from the post (If a confiscation happens the postal service will ship your parcel with a confiscation letter) - I'd like to resolve this ASAP - I will have a CSR reach out you via email right now so please keep an eye out!

Please also note that due to COVID-19, our shipping courier Canada Post & USPS have issued a statement advising to expect shipping delays. Which we understand is SUPER frustrating :( We as a company are actively striving for better shipping - stay tuned to our newsletter for new things to come for our friends in the US!

Your feedback is much appreciated,

-True North Seed Bank

I accept your apology, but don't agree an issue 156 days in the making qualifies as 'recent'.

Your CSR did reach out via email and I've requested a REFUND in lieu of replacement shipment.

You've earned a trust issue so I will believe it when I cash the check, at which time I propose to alter this threads title to:

420 Resolves True North Seeds Billing Dispute​

but please, not before.

Thank you @420 for your help

Thank you Ed!

Completely understandable - I believe there was some miscommunication in the wait for proof of confiscation of your order - but we are happy to provide you with a resolution, and we sincerely apologize for the delay!

Again, we have some new things in the works for our US customers - keep an eye out for updates announced in our TNSB newsletter in the next few months! ;)

Thank you Ed!

Completely understandable - I believe there was some miscommunication in the wait for proof of confiscation of your order - but we are happy to provide you with a resolution, and we sincerely apologize for the delay!

Again, we have some new things in the works for our US customers - keep an eye out for updates announced in our TNSB newsletter in the next few months! ;)
Forgive my current lack of enthusiasm for your new things

Please be more responsive to your customer complaints

Forgive my current lack of enthusiasm for your new things

Please be more responsive to your customer complaints
I appreciate you posting this.

I ordered from this vendor in April and didn't pay for the insurance. I've been sending things internationally for half a century (I started importing electronics products from the US in 1971 as a teenager) and have lived in dozens places in the US, Canada, and overseas and have never lost a package. Given that, I figured that my order wouldn't have any problems.

I was wrong.

TNS sent an envelope that got to Chicago and then disappeared. I asked them to replace the order and they refused. As a result, I will never buy seeds from TNS again. That's a 10 or, perhaps 20, year revenue stream of which they will receive exactly $0.00.

I have some insights as to why they don't replace lost orders and I believe it is a defensible business decision. In a nutshell, their decision is based on the belief that the cost or replacing the order ($25 for a $125 order?) is greater than the potential profit from me as a customer.

Given that it was my first order, they have no track record so they use a default "customer profile" based on their own data, based on data from sites like this one, and a host of other issues. My theory is that most of their customers, like many of the memberships here, are not decades-long customers. I suspect that their average customer places a few orders and then is not heard from again. That's not a knock on TNS; my conclusions are based on a variety of factors including the nature of the business (most of the customers for cannabis seeds were breaking the law until just a few years ago), the fact that the market is an incredibly new market (due to changes in cannabis laws), and that the audience here is relatively young (the younger you are buying habits and habits, in general, are more in flux).

Adding it all up, it's extremely hard for anyone to know what the seed vendor market will look like. Compare that to products such as housing, clothing, or automobiles and it's apparent that the risk factor is pretty high in selling cannabis seeds. So, they err on the side of caution and devise business practices accordingly.

And I've devised my business strategy according to the data on hand. I know I will never buy seeds from TNS again

I know that there are dozens of other seed vendors and I know that the only time I've ordered seeds and not received the order was from TNS. But having a package get lost is highly unlikely to happen again in my lifetime so, one could argue that there's no reason to not order from TNS, right?

Nope, because another thing I know is that TNS will not replace lost seeds unless I pay significant cost for "insurance" so that brings me to another thing that we know - I know I will never buy seeds from TNS again.

Back to your issue — I hope that your situation with TNS gets resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom