Trunk5's DIY builds

the speaker box had the snapping hinges that idk kinda snap shut when you close them, so it held the door closed and a little weather stripping around the edges for light. i also know they make the cabinet brackets that kinda lock together on the open end when you close the door you have to pull kinda hard to open it. its for child safety but i could see this working also.

the white boxes are just cut up 5x5 white pvc fence post it also comes in 4x4. then got the top caps for the fence one for each side and used dap silicone to attach them.

awesome work man! :goodjob: wish i had a friend like you around to coach me through the manufacturing or to bounce ideas off of!

couple questions though, could you use that same tub from your speaker stealth into your PC stealth (or just make the PC to hold two plants). and also do you have to get a special plant (like the lowryder or wtf ever) to grow to that height or are they like gold fish and grow to the size of their container

also once i get going would it be possible to get some help on growing, it seems like you have the green thumb. :morenutes:

thanks alot for the inspiration to a new grower!

Trunk5
Shit is great! Much respect

Good find on the fence posts - I might use the same for my upcoming grow.
I have 3.5 x 3.5 to work with, though, so that means MOAR sites
BTW, where is the reservoir, outside the tent? How big is it?

What is your take on "necessities" that seem to be more complimentary than necessary, but many ppl on growers boards seem to blindly mimic questionable techniques that were originally pitched by folks who were trying to market growing supplies, and what is worse - they preach this as the only way to do things right, and newbs do listen and assume they have to do the same...
Have you noticed any of such bullshit techniques? Care to share which ones are myths from your experience? You seem to be the kind of person who is not easily duped with bs like that.

couple questions though, could you use that same tub from your speaker stealth into your PC stealth (or just make the PC to hold two plants). and also do you have to get a special plant (like the lowryder or wtf ever) to grow to that height or are they like gold fish and grow to the size of their container

also once i get going would it be possible to get some help on growing, it seems like you have the green thumb. :morenutes:

it doesnt matter what tub you use for the pc or speeker, you just need sumthing that will fit in your space to grow in. as far as space for the plant, stick to an indica strain its easier to manage in a tight space like that, altho that pc grew a sweet seeds jack 47 and pulled over an oz.. but yeah as far as plant size the smaller the area for there roots to grow the smaller youll keep the plant. you can do autos if you like all of them will work in a small space, but why limit your self to just certain strains...

Good find on the fence posts - I might use the same for my upcoming grow.
I have 3.5 x 3.5 to work with, though, so that means MOAR sites
BTW, where is the reservoir, outside the tent? How big is it?

What is your take on "necessities" that seem to be more complimentary than necessary, but many ppl on growers boards seem to blindly mimic questionable techniques that were originally pitched by folks who were trying to market growing supplies, and what is worse - they preach this as the only way to do things right, and newbs do listen and assume they have to do the same...
Have you noticed any of such bullshit techniques? Care to share which ones are myths from your experience? You seem to be the kind of person who is not easily duped with bs like that.

alright i guess all start at the top.. my reservoir is under the pvc rails there up on a stand and the res is under to keep it in the shade, it only holds about 6 gallons so im always adding a gallon to it every day once they start drinking.. as for techniques that work well super cropping or laying a net over the top of the plants works wonders for increseing your yield on smaller indoor grows ie 400-600 watt lights. ive only been growing for 2 years now so there is still much im learning, i run advanced nutes love ther product but you dont have to use all there stuff a simple base and a few additives go a long long way. sensi 2 part, big bud, bud candy, kushy kush, and over drive are all i use..

ive been doing some experimenting my self growing the same strain side by side, but one in soil and the other in the aero/nft.. and i can tell you the main diffrence is the bud structure and smell.. ill get some pics up in the next few days just harvested my reserva og soil crop, and droped 4 new plants in dirt and put them in bloom, the chamber next to it has 6 in the aero nft 2 weeks into bloom. ive been slacking on updates lately cuz im trying to get things ready for this seasons outdoor crop. got 6 og's and 5 autos going outside in the next few weeks.. figure i can get an early auto harvest to hold me off untill the og finishes.

any way if you guys got any other questions just ask, and be detailed with your questions because i dont mind explaining things to people so they can get a grasp on whats going on. thank you all for your responses and +rep..

it doesnt matter what tub you use for the pc or speeker, you just need sumthing that will fit in your space to grow in. as far as space for the plant, stick to an indica strain its easier to manage in a tight space like that, altho that pc grew a sweet seeds jack 47 and pulled over an oz.. but yeah as far as plant size the smaller the area for there roots to grow the smaller youll keep the plant. you can do autos if you like all of them will work in a small space, but why limit your self to just certain strains...

ya, after looking at your speaker setup i think im going to fabricate one out of 3/8 finish plywood or something. hopefully within the next week i will have the shell built at least.

i plan to line the inside with 3/8s (1/4" if they have it) polyisosianurate foam and use the shiny side out to reflect the light ill be putting off with 4x 75w CFLs.

what did you use for your inline fan to get up to your carbon filter? and is there a simpler way to create that setup. looks like it must of taken a day of drilling holes, damn! And would you suggest putting a smaller fan in the bottom intake vent?

pretty much id like to take your speaker idea and jump up to a frame to support 4 plants or so.

also suggestions for soil or hydro, in your PC and speaker cabs did you use DWC? is that a good idea for a first timer?? thanks alot for the feedback sorry for all the questions, just very eager to run when i dont even know how to walk haha.:thanks:

how ever you build the frame will work, i used pc fans for the speeker cab, the door jam fan was takin out after a week and replaced with 120mm fans the power supply was an old phone adapter cut and spliced into the fans power. soil or hydro dont matter hydro is a little harder because you have to pay more attention to things, where as soil will give you a little more room for error.

Getting close to start building, gonna start my frame today, with the thought of DWC in mind. I like your DWC build but I took dimensions off a tote that I had sitting around collecting scrap copper, and it wouldnt give me to much room inside a 2' wide cab.

Next time Im out Ill grab some dimensions off tubs at walmart and see if i can get a skinnier tub (and hopefully still fit 4 plants) to squeeze in my closet. Or else I'll have to go to a 30" cab and leave it in my room.

well guys im done, tore everything down and threw it all away.. i got narced out.. good luck and dont ever tell anyone of your business....

im safe and my family is safe, they found nothing and i didnt get into any trouble so im lucky. but im done untill i move to a more suitable state and become legal under state law.

Definately sad to hear it. I was enjoying your builds. I gleened a few ideas from your builds and will adapt them to my setup.

DIY shit is the best, i also built a stealth cab out of a stereo cabinet, if u got a minute check me out and let me know what u think, it might give u some ideas..but yea keep up the good shit bro!!!!

Re: Trunk5's DIY builds.

now here is one of the tents i built, it use to be set up one side bloom one side veg, but i built a second smaller veg tent and now this one is a 2 section bloom tent with a 400watter on each side, running mini stink bud set ups but ill get to thoes later. spray gluing is a must, trust me first time it was just taped up and it all sucked in from my exhaust. and i also built a wooden floor to move everything around easier it sucks when it makes indents in the rug and your trying to slide 5 to 6 gal of water.
rsz_img_0801.jpg

rsz_img_0802.jpg

rsz_img_0803.jpg

rsz_img_0804.jpg

rsz_img_0805.jpg

rsz_img_0806.jpg

rsz_img_0833.jpg

rsz_img_0836.jpg

rsz_img_0837.jpg

rsz_img_0838.jpg

rsz_img_0839.jpg

rsz_img_0840.jpg

rsz_img_0841.jpg

rsz_img_0842.jpg

rsz_img_0917.jpg

rsz_img_0845.jpg

now some PRON!!!
rsz_img_1319.jpg

rsz_img_1314.jpg

rsz_img_1316.jpg

rsz_img_1324.jpg

this was my last harvest, one side of the tent 7 oz dry. :)

Hey there i love the stealth grows you did and actually uses your idea to use in my closet except for it being seperate sides i decided to use the whole thing
I recently added a 400w hps where before i was using floros. Now im having MAJOR heat issue i was wondering how you resolved that? When i say major my running temp went from 79°f to 103°f after 20 min being completely closed up( both wardrobe and closet doors). Any advice would b greatly appreciated. Btw kudos on all the diy.

Back
Top Bottom