Try Again!

estranged

Figured i would start another journal, as trying for a second time to grow some decent bud. And any help and advice along the way would be a definite asset.

All indoor in PRO-MIX 'HP'/MYCORISE® PRO. Under 14500 lumens of 6500k cfl for veg. Under 400w air cooled Hps for flower. Temps are unstable this time around, ranging from 70-96f, but hoping will get better as the colder weather comes.Just started first watering with 20-20-20 nutes at 1/4 strength, two days ago.

3 unknown seeds from last grow that was possibly a female pollinated by hermie, and thought this meant feminized seeds, still unclear on this tho,
most likely just gonna be hermies too, seems sativa dom. 18 days from cracked.

this one showing female pre-flower white hairs,, 5-1/2" high, 10 nodes,
6500k cfls really keep the nodes tight, almost too tight,,
rsz_002.jpg

rsz_0042.jpg

4" 7 nodes, small preflower too soon to tell if white hairs or not,,
rsz_0032.jpg

rsz_0061.jpg

this one dies today. never liked it from the start and is weak looking, also looks to be male, but not sure, don't care,,
rsz_0051.jpg

2 from bag of unknown recent, decent weed, maybe week and half old, can't remember,,:) seem indica dom. to me,,but who knows,,
rsz_008.jpg

rsz_0072.jpg

Gonna transplant bigger ones into 5 gal pots, and the smaller into their 2gal. pots tomorrow and start flower in a week or so under 400w hps.
Am gonna order some nutes for flower. Just can not decide what.

thanks for any input you can give,, will have more pics when transplanted and in 2x3x5 cab under 400w hps.

13 days since last pics,, 7 days flowering time for all,,pics taken 6 days ago
3rd1.jpg

43 days old...
covered in white hairs,, buds already developing,, seeds not feminized as was two males, easily identified with two balls at each side of node both sides of plant,, so i am thinking that what most people said pollinating a female with hermie does not make fem'd seed. but quite possible last grow went hermie just on its own with no help from the other one,

just hope this one does not,, even tho seeds came from hermie,, lol,, is that even possible? am i wasting my time? cause man this strain whatever it is grows fast and branches crazy,,

2nd1.jpg

28 days old or so...
the one on the left has since been cut,, it had like a stalk and litlle ball on both sides of node but only one side of plant, alternating sides down the plant. I have never seen this before? Does this happen often? The other one from same bud, showed sex on both sides of nodes as pod with white hairs coming out.

but anyways as examining plant a few of these balls were brushed off easily and accidently. I hope they did not have pollen in them yet, after only week flowering?
could I have just ruined my other two females,, yet again?

1rst.jpg

my timer screwed up and light stayed on 24 hours about 9 days into flower, as today is 13th day,, i hope this not too big of problem?

Thanks guys, for the reassurance on the timer screw up. Figured its not too big of deal, and not much can do about it now anyways, right.:)

Well no update on the indoor ones just yet, but got an update on the 2 clones i put outside in the spring. These were stretched out, rootbound clones that i basically just dug a hole and plopped them in, they would not even stand on their own.. i just walked away.

here is a pic of what they kinda looked like,, about 2 weeks before this, about 8 inches shorter,, but still stretched way out,,
rsz_7.jpg

here is a pic i took about 9 days ago, the second time checking on them all summer. Bad pic at dusk, then camera died, then a bear came, so i had to go, lol.
rsz_0011.jpg

I think they still could of gone another 2-3 weeks,, but pretty much supposed to rain and snow all week here, and did not want to risk mold, so i cut both of em yesterday. some pics,,
rsz_003_2_.jpg

roughly trimmed as will trim more when dry,, big pile of popcorn buds about same size to left, i for some reason did not include in pic,, just gonna use them for oil,,
rsz_006_2_.jpg

rsz_004_2_.jpg

rsz_005_2_.jpg

rsz_007_2_1.jpg

and just because i love bud pics,, a pic of some outdoor we are smoking now.
rsz_009.jpg

will have more pics and update on indoor grow soon,, twice have not watered in time again, and lost alot of leaves. really gotta start being on top of that,, whenever i say ah one more day, i gotta start doing it that day,,lol

pics of dried, outdoor harvest,,
turned out disgusting schwag, as anticipated,, taste and smell like hay to me,, gf says taste and smell like cucumbers,,
some seeds here and there, a joint will homestone ya for about half hour maybe,,if your palate can take the abuse, and you can finish a joint, just shit really..

I know the cure was messed up and they dried too quick, but i also think just not great strain, as have grown it 3 time now. All times, seen same bud structure. Just thought was noobie screwing it up, but now see just a hermie influenced strain obtained from bagseed that just likely is not worth growing. When closer to finishing the grow i am currently doing, i will be for sure ordering better genetics. But i guess what can a guy expect when he crudely plants two rootbound, stretched out, neglected clones outside in native soil with no maintenance at all, right. :)

rsz_1003.jpg

rsz_007_3_.jpg

rsz_009_2_.jpg

rsz_0142.jpg

got roughly 2 ounces schwag buds, and roughly ounce of even worse, loosely trimmed, lower popcorn buds,,
was gonna keep the 2 ounces to smoke as is, and make oil out of rest, but have now decided to use it all for oil, as it is truly revolting smoke.
I just hope the oil taste better,,

quick update on the indoor grow,,
big one 63 days from seed,
little one 48 days from seed,
3 weeks flowering for both, different strains,
rsz_1016.jpg

rsz_1018.jpg

rsz_017.jpg

I neglected this journal quite a bit this time around, and the plants for that matter. Many problems i still can't seem to figure out, that should of been asked about on here, just no time or too tired. Its hard trying to grow with limited resources, area and time. Also working 16 hour days and away from home for weeks here and there definitely took its toll on the plants

Many times gone without water for way too long, lost way too many leaves on this only girl left. The other one got cut couple weeks ago, when after being away for 11 days, came home to find her covered in banana's. 3 times i have grown from these seeds, all 3 times hermies bad, grow so fast and strong with huge bud development until around weeks 3 - 5 of flowering.

the hermie
rsz_0073.jpg

But anyways, I am at least happy to see that i finally might have grown something worth smoking, after the previous indoor and outdoor crops of compost. (hope i don't speak to soon) :)

The little girl persisted and despite the neglect, the frequent droughts of withering death, and the full out hermie that sat beside her for who knows how long, she seems to be growing some ok looking buds, and really starting to stink it up. She is really sticky. Just slightly touch a nug and like crazy glue on my fingers.

12 days ago
rsz_002_2_1.jpg

rsz_0044.jpg

yesterday, day 45 of flowering,
rsz_0062.jpg

rsz_0022.jpg

with flash on,
rsz_0052.jpg

Thanks kashandkush, i sure do hope i don't screw it up now, but its not looking so good,,

The trics have been damn near 100% cloudy for 2 weeks now,,
I started flushing a week ago thinking ready to harvest in 2 weeks or so,,around day 60 ,, it is day 53 today,,

but being a week from anticipated harvest and still no amber trics, has got me worried, since started flushing a week ago,
and now she has yellowed alot, and lost most leaves,,she seems to be in a coma or something,
no new growth, no new tric development,, just sitting there,, still using water though,,??

how long is average time to go from cloudy to amber,, i realize strain specific along with environment and other things,, but what is a rough estimate??
also should i start nutes again until i see amber trics, then start 2 week flush??

here is a pic taken about 4 days ago,, so many leaves gone,, :(
rsz_0012.jpg

while throwing up pics, gonna throw in a pic of the empty vial of oil i made a few weeks ago, from a bag of shake a buddy gave me,(about 90g from the bottom of pound bags he buys, man i would still smoke this stuff),used about 50g,, 30sec wash, got about 6 grams of oil, gave him half, i got half,, still have 40g to make more, the stuff on the razor is stuff that was missed first time around, just made it into hash,, next time try to take pics before all gone,, lol,,
rsz_0063.jpg

and a pic of some hash another friend gave to us, about 4 grams, its good, tasty stuff,, just dry crumbles tho,, but i sure am not complaining, especially when its free,,, :)
rsz_0023.jpg

started two more seeds, from a bag of some good, outdoor purps, picked up a bit ago, looks like only one gonna make it,, hope its female,, still trying to decide on seeds to buy,,
bad pic but oh well,
rsz_0081.jpg

Very nice looking buds! Sorry to hear about the hermi - I've had some great looking plants turn hermie too, and others just pop bananas constantly which is almost more frustrating... +reps for the grow!

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom