Trying to grow my own - need help

Medicationist

I am new to growing, and to this forum as well, and I have a few questions. I recently started smoking again to replace the 10 pills I took every day, and I am already sick of spending $40 an eighth at my dispensary. Between my wife and I, we smoke just under a 1/4th of an ounce a month (an eighth of sativa and an eighth of indica) for about $100 total a month. My first question is besides the fun part of growing it yourself, would it be worth it in the end to grow for the amount we smoke? (for additional information, we spend 10.56 cents per kWh). Second question is how many plants do you think we should grow to support our needs?

I am totally clueless when it comes to growing it, and reading all the crap online is just getting me more hesitant to try to grow with only more questions than answers. So far I was thinking about putting a 4' X 4' grow tent in my basement in the room that has the hot water heater and furnace, which stays roughly about 65 degrees in the room. I was thinking about this lamp- iPower Grow Light - Premium Black Coated Premium 1000 Watt HPS + MH Digital Grow Light W/ 6" Air Cooled Hood Plant Growing Light Lamp, but I am not sure if it will be too much or too little. I was thinking about doing 5 ea 5 gallon hempy pots with some hydroton clay as I read some good things about it.

So my last question is what is everyone's input on the set-up? Is there anything else that I need to worry about? The only thing I can think of is something to regulate the temperature, but I am also clueless when it comes to fans and automated regulators to control the temp. But I am also not sure if it would even be needed. All advice/pointers would be appreciated!

The current lighting choice is fine for a 4' x 4' tent... you could get away with a 600w bulb slightly less on the electric bill tho but will be more than ample to support monthly med's

Now a plant grown in a good size hempy bucket will roughly produce a couple to a few Oz dry weight... once ya gain experience & learn the strain grown you can expect better harvests :thumb:

In theory a couple of good grows will keep you going all year !

I would expect ya can grow upto 9 small bush's in a 4' x 4' tent or a good 4 medium size bush's... ya can get more tho !

The only problem i see is that growing diferent strains aka indica vs sativa is the difference in total flowering time e.g sativa take longer to harvest ! & that different strains may require a slightly different nutrient feeding regime depending on stage of growth etc adds te the learning curve quite steeply.

Other grow tent options which are a good choice...

1. inline fan to exchange air hourly, plants require plenty of fresh air.

2. carbon filter to reduce odour if considored a problem.

3. gadget to measure temp & humidity.

I would also take a look at the Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ® for grow equipment & all come with good reps :love:

I may suggest getting touch with Advanced Gardening for Indoor Hydroponic Grow Rooms and Organic Greenhouses another forum sponsor, he's pretty helpful fellow :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom