Twisted new growth and cupped leaves

My understanding of coco. Which i have never used. Is that it must be watered daily. And some folks say sometimes twice a day.

So. A hot room tells me extra evaporation is happening.

And i thot i read that one almost cannot overwater in coco

Jusy throwin stuff out. Thot i might throw that out too

Underwateted perhaps? Ha

Yea, ok.
So ... we know it's not bugs. Right?
Cross that off the list.
That's a good thing, really.
(Start a Pest Program anyway).

What's left is
- over watering
- over feeding
- heat

IF you are sure it's not heat ... then water every other day with half doses of feed until things improve.

PS: Looking at those leaves, I don't see any burned tips or edges. I don't think she's over fed ... I think she's over watered.
I’ve monitored her throughout the day (it’s evening here). Temps creeped up this morning towards 30 so I raised the light further and reconfigured my ventilation and it’s been at a steady 25 all day.

I water her every few days and tend to put my hand down the side of the fabric pot to feel if the bottom is damp.

Could it be root rot? I’m contemplating repotting in fresh coco to see if it revives her.

If it’s heat, what would be the best way to recover?

My understanding of coco. Which i have never used. Is that it must be watered daily. And some folks say sometimes twice a day.

So. A hot room tells me extra evaporation is happening.

And i thot i read that one almost cannot overwater in coco

Jusy throwin stuff out. Thot i might throw that out too

Underwateted perhaps? Ha
Haha! Maybe.. but I tend to check the pot before I water. I shove my hand down the inside of the pot to see if it’s damp.

Quik chek says in coco once a day watering when young changing to twice a day as the plant matures

is that a heater i see anddo you use it ? , warm dry are will block the underside of leaves causing curls ,
I am going to say dry air and too little fresh air
Hi mate, only just saw your reply. It’s a heater/fan. I use it to circulate the air without the heat setting.

I have my air inlet directly next to a window so shouldn’t be an issue for fresh air.

Near 30C ambient temps and only watering every few days in coco and a fabric pot? Looks like a decent sized plant as well. I'd be limp and wrinkled up too. Recommend starting to water daily (always with nutrients) and get lots of runoff. No way a coco/perlite mix is over watered unless the pot is left sitting in a pool of runoff. Coco is essentially a form of hydroponics, not to be treated like soil. Letting coco dry, especially if you haven't been getting runoff all this time, increases the EC of the medium, making it harder for the plant to uptake any remaining water. You can get away with it to a degree, but these temps, fabric pot and plant size all dictate daily watering in my opinion..Good luck.

Near 30C ambient temps and only watering every few days in coco and a fabric pot? Looks like a decent sized plant as well. I'd be limp and wrinkled up too. Recommend starting to water daily (always with nutrients) and get lots of runoff. No way a coco/perlite mix is over watered unless the pot is left sitting in a pool of runoff. Coco is essentially a form of hydroponics, not to be treated like soil. Letting coco dry, especially if you haven't been getting runoff all this time, increases the EC of the medium, making it harder for the plant to uptake any remaining water. You can get away with it to a degree, but these temps, fabric pot and plant size all dictate daily watering in my opinion..Good luck.
Thanks for the reply.

I watered them last on Sunday evening. They’re still damp now.

Would you recommend a good water with plenty of run off?

Second that

Hi mate, only just saw your reply. It’s a heater/fan. I use it to circulate the air without the heat setting.

I have my air inlet directly next to a window so shouldn’t be an issue for fresh air.
You will be better off with an Oscillating fan , having the one on the plant you have will just blow dry air in the same place , this can cause leaf damage if its constantly hitting one place on the plant , , have you a good exhaust in place too ?, Its better to get this sorted before flower , :thumb:
esquema-armario-cultivo-EN.jpg

you also need to be feeding daily at a good ph 5.8 will be good for now

Get your pest control program on line.
By that, I mean that you do a certain thing at a certain time every week per instuctions of the sauce you choose.
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS on the stuff you use.
Use different methods .. the bugs get resistant if you use the same thing.

Read up and learn up on pests - when you get em it's too late.

last suggestion from me friend cuz i dunno coco,

me loco on coco,,

but

you should not be. i might suggest that you are fortunate to have gotten this far without a partial/thorough understanding of the coco watering requirements

i would again suggest that you spend some time reading up on this skill

cheers friend, and more karma sent

Back
Top Bottom