Cupping & Twisting

Buddskii

Hello all!
Been searching and reading on this topic and I'm getting mixed info.
Decided to post some pics for some feedback if possible.
I have 3 plants, 2 of them are Trainwreck and 1 of them is Fruity OG Kush and are all 5 weeks old.
This issue started happening 3 days ago. The Kush is starting to get twisted new sprouting leaves. The other 2 plants isn't as bad but fan leaves are cupping a bit.
I have a 280 watt led grow light.
Lights at 20 inches high.
Humidity is around 50-55.
Temp is around 24.5 Celsius.

As of today I raised the lights to 24 inches and I changed the temp to be at 23 degrees to see if it is a heat stress factor.

Grown in soil in 3 gallon fabric pots.
Using Holland Secret 3 part fertilizer/nutrients.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!

20230108_205644.jpg

20230108_205640.jpg

20230108_205637.jpg

20230108_173902.jpg

20230108_092727.jpg

20230108_092723.jpg

Weird new growth can often be a watering issue. Are those cloth pots connected to those storage containers like a SIP?

The plants otherwise look pretty good. Any changes you made to things shortly before noticing the issue?

Welcome to the forum @Buddskii! Let the leaves grow out and see if it doesn’t resolve itself. Your plants are very dark green, potentially indicating a lot of N, which promotes growth, sometime very fast growth, in my experience, that can cause the new leaves to be twisty looking, they’re just growing very quickly. They almost always turn out fine.

So I raised the lights a few inches. I have 3 plants in the tent. The tallest, biggest plant is in the center and its doing great! It's the shortest and smaller plant of the 3 that is showing signs of issues. It's very frustrating.
This is a pic taken today. Leaves are cupping even more. Looks like it is getting worse. Any thoughts?
Thanks for all your replies.

20230114_121946.jpg

20230114_121059.jpg

looks 1000 percent fine to me,, dark green, but could be the foto or just plain lushness

well done friend

hold your hand at plant top height, under the lights,, if it is too hot to hold your hand there for long, it is too hot for the plant,, otherwise its fine

So I raised the lights a few inches. I have 3 plants in the tent. The tallest, biggest plant is in the center and its doing great! It's the shortest and smaller plant of the 3 that is showing signs of issues. It's very frustrating.

what's going on for lighting ? things look happy from here. let us know what you are running for light, what dimming level you are at, and what height they are above the canopy.

This is a pic taken today. Leaves are cupping even more. Looks like it is getting worse. Any thoughts?

yeah, relax and have a hoot. you're doing great :passitleft:

Your plants look excellent- nice job!

Here's an example of cupping: (I got a little too close with the seedling light)
cupping.jpg

so no worries about your plants :thumb:

Thanks everyone! All your help is greatly appreciated! 😁
I'm probably being a little paranoid because 2 of the 3 plants are looking much different.
But.. they are 2 different strains so....
Like I've been told.... chill and relax..
😆
You guys rock! 👍

Maybe the last thing on this list.
1673735116859.png

I was considering mentioning that as well... glad you did. I recall from another member's post that light avoidance can be related to insufficient Mg to deal with the amount of photosynthesis going on. I.e. cupping/canoeing/praying being a symptom of light avoidance.

Someone told me that because I don't mist them with water that this could be the reason. Is it necessary to mist your ladies with water at least once a week?

Someone told me that because I don't mist them with water that this could be the reason. Is it necessary to mist your ladies with water at least once a week?

It is necessary depending on where you grow them.
You are indoor so for you it's not necessary.
I would keep an eye on the light as they grow and not worry too much about the rest.
They look good.

Back
Top Bottom