UFO LED Micro grow week 8 flower results

MrGanjaManJr

I have browsed a few of these sites for years in the search for information to help with my grows, and everything i find usually helps one way or another. I have successfully finished many grows over the past, yet I have never really thought about sharing anything on here before, i think its mainly security reasons, and the fact i cant really be bothered most of the time. I have noticed when i am browsing that i rarely see quality plants being grown; i may have been in the wrong sections idk. Plus the amount of people asking the same questions, but rarely getting a straight answer. I want to start sharing my experiences with fellow growers and people that just enjoy reading up on growing. The Marijuana plant is such an amazing thing with so much potential, and with how things are changing i strongly believe it will become a massive part of the future, people need to become educated now.

I am coming to the end of this experimental grow and i thought i would share the results so far as they are truly looking beautiful, however i feel the pictures do not give them the justice they deserve. I will be starting a new grow soon - 16 plants/16 different strains - and plan on posting a grow journal with daily updates. I don't claim to be an expert, but its good to pass on knowledge to others - you can never learn too much.
I am going to finish this off with some pictures of the girls so far, and will probably post the final results in the near future - before and after cut.

Its now day 1 of week 8, temperatures and humidity have been kept perfect the entire time, i think its easier to do this time of the year. They are currently resting at a steady 75f with 40RH, this is right where i want them to be. I do like to drop the temperatures at night along with cold feeds in the day to help bring the natural purple out of both strains. I am dropping on the nutes gradually in preparation for the flush. The two strains i will be sharing today are Purple OG Kush and Black Cream - both auto strains. They are both under a 90w LED, i believe the 7 spectrum version. I have also added a cfl for the last 2 weeks to assist with trichome developent.

The OG's leaves are turning a very nice purple color, with hints of orange and yellow in other places. The buds themselves are very frosty and very dense. Now the OG is a hybrid, but I would say it has a more dominant haze smell to it. Its hard to explain, the scents are so complex. There is a very sweet, can i say musky? smell at first; but then there is almost like a sweet solvent kind of smell afterwards, very subtle, almost a petrol smell. This plants highest point is maybe 7/8 inchs high from the soil. As you can see from the pictures, there are 3 main colas, each containing what i'm guessing to be a 3 - 4 gram nug with the usual miniature popcorn's underneath. In the center of the plant should be the main cola, however i didnt know this particular OG was an auto at the time, so i ended up topping the plant at a bad time which resulted in very little growth in the middle. Although i cant really complain as it allowed the side branches to thrive and develop some heavy buds.
Here are some pics of the Purple OG:

20170223_170741.jpg
20170223_170149.jpg
20170223_170135.jpg
20170223_170426.jpg
20170223_170255.jpg

Now for the second plant, this again is another Indica dominant strain. Its looks very nice, very dark purple buds, yet with very dark green leaves too. Now from previous grows i know the leaves should have started to fade to their natural purple color by now. The Nitrogen content has been kept to an absolute minimum this run so i know its not over feeding, i am hoping they will fade out more during the flush. But because i am growing organically, the flush is only around 3-5 days for me, maybe not enough time to leach the leaves but either way this is not a problem, the plant is very healthy, very frosty and has a strange sweet smell that i can not put my finger on. Don't get me wrong, it is nice, its just very hard for me to describe. This one is actually ready to come down. I do not have any trichome pictures to hand, but the last time i looked through a scope they were maybe 10% amber. This is a very fast strain to grow and could easily be cut at 7 weeks, but i am going to leave it to finish longer and take it down at the same time as the OG so that the amber ratio is greater. The Black Cream stands maybe 5 inchs above the soil, a single cola with a very solid surface. I don't know why this happened, it was not my intention to keep it THAT small, yield has been lost, but its not a problem to me this time. No side branches developed on this, and it wasn't even a matter of they were there and just weren't getting enough light to grow, it was literally just one main branch, not something ive seen with this strain before. Although its fine, its unique, not something ive seen online before. I would guess there will be maybe 5-6 gram off the plant. Its very short - 5inchs - but it is wide and dense

Here are some pics of the Black Cream:
20170223_170717.jpg
20170223_170620.jpg
20170223_170536_001.jpg
20170223_170647.jpg

Over all i am happy with how this run has turned out. I will be feeding them one more time in a couple of days and and then will begin the flush. I tend to flush for no more than 5 days, but it depends on a couple of things. Following that will be a slow dry with a good long cure. I will post pictures of the end result, but that will be a few weeks yet. Pictures before and after harvest will come a lot sooner though. I know some people will be thinking why all this effort for such little yield? But this run has been more about quality rather than quantity and to see if i could create a miniature version of a standard sized plant. But to be honest, i just love to grow, im not even massively fused about smoking it at the end, ill have a taster definitely, but for me its about helping the plant through its process and creating a beautiful final product to look at, even if its only for a day before its harvested and enjoyed by my friends.

Thanks for reading!

MrGanjaManJr

Dude I totally get you about just growing beautiful girls. Ofcourse I also medicate for pain but I literally can go into my grow room and not emerge for hours lol wife hates it! She is all you spend more time pampering and chillin with those girls than me lol it is suck a beautiful plant it’s hard to believe it’s a weed literally lol I don’t usually comment but this was such a good read I had to. I have pulled off many of solo cup grows and funny enough it’s been some of the best buds I’ve grown. I think partly to the size of the grow and being able to tweak with minimal blowback. The colors on your girls were absolutely fire and my hat goes of to your sir✌️ myself atm have 4 crop king green Cush (crack) babies on the go. Outta 5 4 what I end up with. 3 as advertised 1 absolutely sativa no doubt lol different phenotype much. It happens lol I kept simple with the 3 more indica I lst,fim and minor defoliations here and there. I prefer to fim over topping as the plant doesn’t get “raped” as much but I do top aswell just not this grow. Sativa one same lst fim and only 1 defoliation as I opened the canopy enough for cobs to get in there. It’s the most frost atm to which I find interesting. I don’t flush usually as I do not use tons of nutes and had absolutely no burning or deficientcies at all this grow. I like to cure a bit longer aswell for terps and potency to rise. Grow diaries under green Cush if you care to take a look. Again great read and respect from one grower to another ✌️

Attachments

• 7758678C-709E-4B89-A402-DDBAED3E7490.jpeg
    7758678C-709E-4B89-A402-DDBAED3E7490.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 121E0987-D3E4-4C5A-9697-802B784594C1.jpeg
    121E0987-D3E4-4C5A-9697-802B784594C1.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 124
  • C62402DC-B8C7-4FC4-A86B-43C0766060F0.jpeg
    C62402DC-B8C7-4FC4-A86B-43C0766060F0.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 14C69E57-78F4-4E74-920F-90A1B7351DC8.jpeg
    14C69E57-78F4-4E74-920F-90A1B7351DC8.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 124
Dude I totally get you about just growing beautiful girls. Ofcourse I also medicate for pain but I literally can go into my grow room and not emerge for hours lol wife hates it! She is all you spend more time pampering and chillin with those girls than me lol it is suck a beautiful plant it’s hard to believe it’s a weed literally lol I don’t usually comment but this was such a good read I had to. I have pulled off many of solo cup grows and funny enough it’s been some of the best buds I’ve grown. I think partly to the size of the grow and being able to tweak with minimal blowback. The colors on your girls were absolutely fire and my hat goes of to your sir✌ myself atm have 4 crop king green Cush (crack) babies on the go. Outta 5 4 what I end up with. 3 as advertised 1 absolutely sativa no doubt lol different phenotype much. It happens lol I kept simple with the 3 more indica I lst,fim and minor defoliations here and there. I prefer to fim over topping as the plant doesn’t get “raped” as much but I do top aswell just not this grow. Sativa one same lst fim and only 1 defoliation as I opened the canopy enough for cobs to get in there. It’s the most frost atm to which I find interesting. I don’t flush usually as I do not use tons of nutes and had absolutely no burning or deficientcies at all this grow. I like to cure a bit longer aswell for terps and potency to rise. Grow diaries under green Cush if you care to take a look. Again great read and respect from one grower to another ✌
Not to be sexist but all woman say shit like that to get you upset.Problem is she is right you love them more LOL.And rightly so they do not say shit like that to you just to upset you now do they.

Back
Top Bottom