Cheapogrowforthelow

DickRoman

What's up everyone my name is Richard but I go by Dick. I would like to showcase a friend of a friend of a friends cheapogrowforthelow. To make matters worst I am grow.....I mean he... is growing in the basement. This guy is flat broke with no means of earning any extra cash, so naturally this is a miracle grow for the low using mg soil and nutes. Let's see what we are working with. It is now 2 months 1 week from seed. He is using a 400 watt mh with digital ballast and has a hps bulb he's never even bothered to test to see if it works.......hmph the nerve of this guy. I would like to mention this is unknown bagseed.

20150711_130327.jpg

He suprisingly has no bugs yet but he is still in veg and is scared to flower due to not having any sort of bloom nutes, and the fear of finding all males. He has had what was thought to be his first male preflowers on the lower left plant about 2 weeks ago. These showed up on the left side of every node, spinning the plant 180 there would be these preflowers on the left of the node. Let's take a look.

20154513034511.jpg

These have since disappeared. Now there is only one node with anything remotely preflowerish. The nodes have swelled up a bit but I know that has no bearing on sex. Anyways let's take a look at what we got.

20152708102733.jpg

To me that looks like there is a tiny little hair barely sticking out of something there on both sides. I doubt it would be as it has looked like this for at least 4 days. Oh well he/she will show her true sex in due time I suppose.

Anyways let's talk about the bad stuff. Here is something wrong with something, it is unknown to him as to what caused this. It seems to have stopped. If it is something major it will very well end up killing the plant as this man has no money to use to fix it. This has only aftected one plant (this one, red bucket top right plant) and has barely started to affecting another before halting. Also the soil is a general soil with npk values that look like this 0.25 0.98 0.15 something around there. Let's take a look at this poor abused plant.

20150708_102527.jpg

Now I don't think I am looking for any answers to things as the realization of failure will be too heavy for my weak heart. It would be very very sad for this other dude. I would say I am posting this to keep me occupied while he waits.............confusing but whatever.

I have been taking a picture everyday since the makeshift scrog was setup. It is kind of cool to watch a little timelapase. This is actually how I determine if they need watering or not, I compare yesterday's picture with today to see if I notice them drooping.

The plants are on a 12-1 light cycle and it seems to be working just fine. Root bound will eventually show its ugly face with the top 2 plants seeing as they will still be veging for no reason until someone can make an executive decision around here. The bottom right 2 plants we're put in the room late and were only the size of my pinky with 2 nodes and they were bright yellow. They ate some miracle grow and started cruising just fine, they stretched like hell but these were only intended as backup plan B incase they were all male. One of those two actually grew 1 foot in 1 week , I don't know if it was due to competitive growth or its just a male but either way I snapped it aggressively at the stem and in a few days it was standing again. :)

Blah blah blah further rambles and a few terrible jokes. Time to go to sleep.

The green spikes on the first photo are not preflowers. They are vegetative growth that appears on both sexes. The little buds with green "fingers" poking out are also vegetative growth. Female hairs are long, white and very fine, like your own hair. You can't mistake them for anything else. If you see a smooth green tear-drop-shaped bud that looks like it has 4 panels to it and there are 2, 4 or a bunch of them, on small stalks, like a bunch of grapes, then you have a male. I don't see any indication of sex yet in these photos.

Back
Top Bottom