UG's Paradise

My lights have their own dedicated fan. It pulls air from outside, through the light hoods, then it goes out the tent, through the fan and exhausts out of the house. No filter on that one, because everything is sealed. I think like your second diagram, except my fan is outside the tent on the other side of the lights (think your farthest red arrows in the last diagram). Separately, I have a second fan that is just for exchanging air in the tent. It pulls through the filter, then fan and out. Did I explain that right? It works good for me.

Is the lower left fan in the last diagram intake? If so, you shouldn't need a filter on that one, as negative pressure keeps the smell from escaping there. Heck, you probably don't even need an intake fan there...

So are you pushing air or pulling it?

So are you pushing air or pulling it?

Pulling it through the lights and out of the tent, if that makes sense. In his last diagram, take the fan for The lights and remove the carbon filter... Now, place the fan outside the tent on the right where the farthest red arrows are in that pic, thats essentially where my fan is, with no filter (none needed, air from the tent never gets into the ducting). Now, on the left of lights where he has cf/bug screen, I just have ducting coming in with a bug screen on the outside intake end of the ducting... Make sense?

Smell isn't a problem but we don't have the cleanest air here and i hear about problems because of it all the time. The only purpose for the carbon filters/screens is for bugs, mould, and spores. The frame is 15x13x6.5(1268cf) and I have an 8" vortex(747cfm) at my exhaust with a Can filter 100(840cfm) so i might need an intake fan. i'll be using a 10" can fan max for the lights with a Y plenum so each light will hopefully get 255 cfm lol. the room that the frame is in is like 40x30x6 (all concrete) so I don't have the plan to exhaust anything out but if its over 80f ill rig it outside.

Xlr8, ive read about "recirculating air" with the same thing you said. Would you think its better to put that 6" vortex and fan just on the floor? if i were to do that, would a passive intake screen be effective enough with only 747cfm for exhaust?

so you suck air from your fan (for lights)? it seems that way is used more but it also seems ppl say it wears down the fan life running at higher temps but if it works better id do it

edit: thats what i was thinking about Xlr8, but I would have to purchase two separate Horti control Bug screens for outside intake of lights and theyre like 150 each :( (dont want to use anything shitty cause of air problems)

i've decided two weeks from today is my deadline so i gotta get a move on. i'll be going with four 1000w hps now so hopefully venting lights works fine so i don't have to end up buying chiller/watercooled ac

To do:
Carpenter for air sealed room
Electrician for wiring two separate breaker
10 Progrip ratchets
timer relay panel
Three 8" Hydrotek silverstar reflectos
10" can fan max for lights
10" can fan max for exhaust
can filter 125
Three 1000w dig lumatek ballasts
hydrologic RO
60 site ez cloner
and some 10" dust shrooms, 8" insulated thermoflo, environment controller and ducting

if anyone has suggestions im all ears

got some new plans coming up but it'll be a lil tricky puttin it all together.

basement thats roughly 50x30x6.5(600sqf) so i might go with a vertical set-up instead. ill be running from 6-8 lights but will probably have to do something about temps. I will seal every crack from outside and go with a co2 tank/generator. I also realize i will have to purchase a very hefty watercooled ac/damper exchange but will do some good searching before

shitty digs man it doesn't ship international, i woulda picked those up real quick. thanks for the idea A1

heres a pic of my dimensions...

think ill start with 4 ac reflectors and the goal is 8 over time. i will buy a fan and timer big enough for 8 lights off the bat and will work up over time

skitched-20120925-111223.jpg

Smell isn't a problem but we don't have the cleanest air here and i hear about problems because of it all the time. The only purpose for the carbon filters/screens is for bugs, mould, and spores. The frame is 15x13x6.5(1268cf) and I have an 8" vortex(747cfm) at my exhaust with a Can filter 100(840cfm) so i might need an intake fan. i'll be using a 10" can fan max for the lights with a Y plenum so each light will hopefully get 255 cfm lol. the room that the frame is in is like 40x30x6 (all concrete) so I don't have the plan to exhaust anything out but if its over 80f ill rig it outside.

Xlr8, ive read about "recirculating air" with the same thing you said. Would you think its better to put that 6" vortex and fan just on the floor? if i were to do that, would a passive intake screen be effective enough with only 747cfm for exhaust?

so you suck air from your fan (for lights)? it seems that way is used more but it also seems ppl say it wears down the fan life running at higher temps but if it works better id do it

edit: thats what i was thinking about Xlr8, but I would have to purchase two separate Horti control Bug screens for outside intake of lights and theyre like 150 each :( (dont want to use anything shitty cause of air problems)

Heres a thought to consider, perhaps: Is your air so bad that you need a bug/mold screen on the dedicated light intake? I understand the one that is the room/tent intake, but the dedicated venting for lighting never enters the tent/room in the scenario I described. So, I personally don't put any screen on the light intake since the air from those vents can't get into the tent anyway. Just a thought. Looks like you are going a different direction now perhaps? Love the thought you are putting into this - nice job!
:bravo:

yeah i understand where your coming from bro, the light venting is completely separate from the room venting. only reason i bought the dust shroom for lights is so i dont have to clean em regularly, unless im overthinkin how hard itll be to clean 8 hoods every couple weeks?

i feel like a dick for changing up my plans every 5 days lol but at first I wasn't too sure on my plant count and now my forms are back and say 150 plants max so i have more room to work with. worst part is i bought like 2gs worth of shit to find out that i have to use it all for veg now lol so i ordered a bunch of new stuff to be here friday...heres what im waitin on

Four 8" Hydrotek AC reflectors
Four 600w lumatek ballasts
three 600w hps bulbs
10" max fan for lights
8" vortex for exhaust
can filter 100
8x8x10 pants
2 pedestal fans
6 light timer board panel
100ft black/white poly
600w mh

i also have been spending lotsa time cleanin the basement, its so dirty lol cob webs, dead mouse, millipeeds everywhere. once its clean ill sterilize the shit out of the walls/roof and bleach the whole floor

Hey UG, don't sweat the changes. We all do it at some point. It's all about making it the best you can with what you have and until YOU are happy with it. Screw anyone else. Your're the one who has to live with it, not anyone else.

and besides, it's YOUR journal so I say do as you like my friend.

Agreed 420%! You'll have a killer set-up when it's all done. Truth is I honestly admire you for your thoughtful approach and thorough planning. :bravo:

As far as the dust shrooms , they're great. If you have and keep the basement clean, organized, and sterile you may not need one on the lights. I just clean my hoods after each grow (they get a light dust-film on the glass over time) but your situation/needs may differ, and you have stronger fans, etc... just something to think about - I know those things aren't cheap!

thank you very much xlr8 i didnt think it was gunna be this complicated at the begininng lol.

ill either use the dust shroom or some thin furnace filter for the lights but i have to get everything here and ready.
speaking of that, I cancelled all the stuff i orderd because the prices were just nuts. everything in the us is soooooo much cheaper!!! 10" max fan here is $409.95 before tax and its like 250-280 on every site in the us. magnum xxxl reflectors are 325 each here, plus 310 for ballast and 110 for lights before tax , compared to the $450 combos ive seen on US sites. ive been calling sooo many different online stores (monsterg*rdens, gren*rs, hort-sourse, ecog*ow) and emailed them all multiple times. i am totally willing to pay $500-600 shipping on a 2500 order but i have ordered things in the past where AFTER i paid for shipping on the bill, i get charged for Duty, Brokerage Fee, Handling, Gst/Pst and Tax!! (ie once i orderd a bong that was $250 after shipping from europe, and had to pay $60 when it got here!!??).
i also read
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: Shipping charges estimated online represent carrier charges only. Additional fees (customs, duties and brokerage fees) will be due upon receipt of your shipment as assessed by your country’s governing policies. This is common for carriers such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, and their competitors. We are not responsible for any customs, duties, brokerage fees, etc. imposed by the country in which the order is received.

M****** ****** is located in the United States. Any customer ordering goods to be shipped to another country is considered an Importer, and as such should research these charges. Your total cost represented during checkout does not account for the fees your country may charge you for receiving goods from M**** ****.
so should i call my post office and ask how much fees would 400lb packages cost? and from california? (theyre store). if anyone knows ANY good place to order stuff from, please let me know (remember i live in canada)

this is what i want to order and the price difference from here and US.

*Four Radiant 8's - Combo Deal 341.99 ea X4 = $1025.97
*Four Quantum 600W Ballasts
*Three 600W Digilux HPS
*1000W Digilux MH
*Eight Rope Ratchets

8" Vortex Inline Fan (747cfm) = $213.95
10" Can Fan Max (1023cfm) = $260.91
Phresh Filter 8" X 24" (750cfm) = $166.36
C.A.P MLC-8X = $212.95

Total = $1898.14

here are the ridiculous prices and limited selection in canada

Four Magnum XXXL's - 319.99 ea X4 = $1279.96
Four Lumatek 600W Ballasts - 209.95 ea X4 = $839.80
Three 600W Hortilux bulbs - 109.95 ea X3 = $329.85
1000W Sunmaster bulb = $110
10" Can Fan Max (1023cfm)= $409.95
8" Vortex Inline Fan (747 cfm)= $308.50
Can Filter 100 (840cfm) = $344.80
Intermatic HID Hi Lite 6+2 Timer Board Panel = $444.80
Eight YoYo's = 24.99 ea X4 = $99.96

Total = $4167.62

Even with a $2269.48 difference, the difference in quality between the two is the same. That leaves me $1800 for shipping, what do you guys think??

sorry about all the posts but i just got off the phone with a guy from m**ster gar*ens and made an order!!!

finally things be rolling, heres my order.

3Quantum 600 Watt Radiant 8" A/C, Choose Bulb (Choose Bulb: Digilux 600 HPS (+ $40.00)) $341.99ea.=$1 025.97
1Vortex Powerfan 8", 747cfm=$213.95
1Sunleaves WindTunnel 10", 875cfm=$287.95
1Phresh Filter 8" x 24" 750cfm=$166.36
1Horticontrol Dust Shroom Cleaning Kit=$18.00
1Quantum 600 Watt Radiant 8" A/C, Choose Bulb (Choose Bulb: Digilux 1000 MH (+ $40.00)) $341.99
1CAP 8 Light Master Lighting Controller (w/out Timer) MLC 8X=$212.95
12Smart Pots, 7-15 gallon sizes (Smart Pot Sizes: 7 gallon)=$73.20

sorry about all the posts but i just got off the phone with a guy from m**ster gar*ens and made an order!!!

finally things be rolling, heres my order.

3Quantum 600 Watt Radiant 8" A/C, Choose Bulb (Choose Bulb: Digilux 600 HPS (+ $40.00)) $341.99ea.=$1 025.97
1Vortex Powerfan 8", 747cfm=$213.95
1Sunleaves WindTunnel 10", 875cfm=$287.95
1Phresh Filter 8" x 24" 750cfm=$166.36
1Horticontrol Dust Shroom Cleaning Kit=$18.00
1Quantum 600 Watt Radiant 8" A/C, Choose Bulb (Choose Bulb: Digilux 1000 MH (+ $40.00)) $341.99
1CAP 8 Light Master Lighting Controller (w/out Timer) MLC 8X=$212.95
12Smart Pots, 7-15 gallon sizes (Smart Pot Sizes: 7 gallon)=$73.20

:yahoo: Congrats UG! Some really great gear you'll have to work with. One of my ballasts is a quantum - seems like good quality and runs nice and cool.. :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom