UG's Paradise

hey UG :high-five:
You have plenty of work ahead of you I see. ceiling looks low. You can attach pulleys/ratchets to the floorboards of the house to gain ever inch of height you can, every inch will make a difference. I did this in my 1st journal (pics)

I see your planing on a 10" fan are they 8" hoods? fans bought already?

Breaker box: yup get your buddy to look at it. looks old. You may need a dedicated 120 line going to your room for a a/c, it needs to be on a 20amp circuit by itself for next summer. Also you may end up needing a chiller, probably needs it's own line too (would b my luck) Get all the electrical done, so you don't have to call any1 once the grow has been going. I am having these issues now and I'm running, now I need to find guy to trust, and when to do it, my grow runs 24/7 so will have to be done quickly.

i would do 8" in a heart beat, but there's prolly 3" of leeway so it's either a 6" hole there, or I gotta find somewhere to cut a hole but i'll talk to the carpenter when he gets here, thanks a1.

lol yes, i have plenty of work ahead of me :roorrip:. thank you for the idea of hanging to the floorboards, i was either gunna do that or mount 2x4's but your right, height matters. Yes i purchased a 10" 875 cfm inline fan for lights, and 750 cfm from exhaust with 8" Hydrofarm hoods.

I agree that it looks old as shit lol, i think its only been touched once in like 8 years. are you talking chiller for reservoirs? i dont plan on doing hydro for a while as I have lots of promix-hp(peat moss), but id love to give it a shot eventually. i will do as you suggested and put a/c on separate circuit and get an extra 20a circuit for a chiller (future reference). thankfully, the carpenter is a very close family member, and hes pretty high up in the business (like a foreman or w/e) and hires sub contractors for new houses and specific jobs (electricians, hvac experts, plumbers and carpenters) so hopefully hell bring the best over :cheesygrinsmiley:, thanks spaceghost!

Just take your time set it up as best as you can. It's cool you got a family member doing electrical. I bought the 6" hoods cause that 8" shit is big and bulky. I didn't realize you were one of those dirt guy's when you sent the invite, but that will probably work well down there. I always wanted to try dirt, Not

I think what we are going to do is install a new box with a 150amp main. See I'm afraid to call the electric Co. to find out how many amps is available to my house. so by figuring in that I already have a 100amp there has to be leeway for overload and all. so I'll install a 150amp box since everything is already running, I just need a more breakers and another 30amps for the mini split a/c next summer.

keep up the good work, it will all pay off.

yeah man i feel you, i was looking at the magnum xxxl 8" but its like 40lbs but both the radiant 6 and radiant 8 weigh the same amount, just bigger flange for cooling of multiple hoods. i would like to try hydro soon but the stuff im using is in between hydro and soil, promix hp is a soiless mix, kinda like coco.

I really have no idea how much itll cost for a new box, wiring, outlets and labour so that kinda worries me(plus all the construction labour/supplies). its sweet that you know your shit man, this will give me a great heads up for the electrician when he comes.

any advice on sterilizing the fuck out of a room?? like i need to go nuclear down there, i have found 3 dead rats, and probably about 10 lbs of rat shit. no joke. i was thinking about buying a hazmat suit and spray something crazy and just bleaching the floors.

this is so much fucking work i just cant believe what this has all turned out to be lol :rip:

everything showed up yesterday, shit that was too fast, it only took 4 days from when i made the order!! and they're in cali so i'm real happy about that. now for the shitty thing, one of my Baasp adapters is bent as fuck, they gave me a 600W digilux MH instead of a 1000W digilux MH, there should be 4 packs of rope ratchets but nope?? lol, and one of the 600W hps has some scratches on it. i emailed them with pictures of everything and it will get sorted on monday.

looks like you have been busy and got lots of stuff left to do, i just wish i had a basement, but i live in an block of flats that has 8 floors, we call them flats you would call them apartments, so i got a neighbour above and below me and to the one side, but ive got some built in drying cupbards that are 3ft by 3ft square and floor to ceiling high so im using these to grow in, would love to have a huge room and get me some monster plants,
reps for all the work your doing,
cant wait to see it all up and running

so the other three 600w quantum ballasts will be here on wed, and im not too sure what they're gunna do about sendin me the 600 instead of 1000, but i got a 125W cfl and four 2' T5's that i might just have to get all this started with. i know the basement will take me 4-7 days to clean/sterilize, ive already cleaned up about 90% its just the sterilizing that will be real hard. the carpenter and electrician told me to call them whenever im ready for them, and i dont think itll take more than 3 days max once they start. so lets say 10-15 days give or take, then everything will be ready. im going to buy some seeds today, and germinate them tonight, so i can have my babies already a flowin :bongrip:

heres some pics of everything i got to work with, everything thats in a box is what I got in the mail from the u.s (besides dust shroom)...cant wait for the ballasts and hopefully new bulb lol

IMG_008227.JPG

IMG_008919.jpg

is there a difference between these two? I've got two boxes of each
IMG_008426.jpg

hi mate, id say their both the same, just an older model or older box, its probably old stock thats been lying around that their clearing out, its the best way to get things really cheap,

i kinda hope its not an older model, well i hope it has the exact same quality/performance lol. Some other sites would have been cheaper but ive heard good things about them and just went with it. ill take em out of the box and try to get a close look. thank you about the bpn bro, i picked it up off a friend for pretty cheap. I feel like a real big dick cause i called cory and told him i want to make some continuos orders and we talked frequently for a bit, and im 100% going to keep my word but i just want to get everything rolling first (so they dont just stay chillin like the ones i got lol). but soon as everything is ready I'm sure me and him will be good friends :)

so it turns out they're the same price on the hydrofarm website. only weird thing is the sizes are a bit different? the one im familiar with (hydrofarm logo on side) is 23.3 X 26.3 X 13.7 and the "older" one is
27.8 X 22.3 X 12.8. should i make a big deal about this guys or no? the "newer" one isn't as long, fatter and taller, which should give me a more focused/direct foot print like a 3x3, where as the "older" one is longer, skinnier and shorter which should give me a wide coverage correct? for like a 4x4-5x5? maybe ill keep them for a test run or something, even though i wasn't planning for a wide coverage. WWED?? what would everyone do?? lol

id try them first and see what they are like, id do a test and put one up and check the coverage then swap it for the other one and check the coverage of that, at least then you could use chalk or something to mark where the light is shining then when you swap for the other one you can see how different it is, chances are it wont be much, but if it was me and set them up and check the coverage before contacting them, if your not happy then contact them, so give them a test and check the difference, it might be hardly anything or it could be a big difference, id think their wont be to much in it, it just depends how close to the plants you are and how big the space is your growing in,
i know with the hoods that they shine more to the sides so where the hood comes down at the sides this is the side that will spread the light out, so say you grow space is 3ft from front to back and 4ft from side to side, then this means you would need to set the light up so the bulb is running from front to back, this way the light will cover the 4ft more, so id set one up and check the coverage and then swap them over, just make sure you keep it at the same height then you will be able to check the difference in coverage, chances are they ran out of the 1 or they may have ordered them from the suppliers and they got given the different model, so it might not be their fault as such, but give them a try before you contact them and if your not happy give them a shout

I bought all my stuff local :thumb:
I have a great hydro store. they matched everything they could from this web site. Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store: Horticulture Source
they have the all around best prices on the net and the best shipping prices.

I really believe in buying local. Most will price match and then if there is a issue there is no RMA, return shipping. I was able to take cords, adapters anything I thought might work and if I didn't end up using it I was able to return it no questions asked for a full refund. They give me credit if I need it, they don't want an1's crop to suffer. A few times I have went to them for small Items and then took care of them when I could. I am sure to keep my credit at 0 as you never know when shit goes bad.

First, congrats on the new gear!! :high-five:

I have those hydrofarm reflectors - just like those, and I'm very pleased with them. Like most reflectors, the gasketing isn't super high quality, and I've replaced mine with better quality gasket material so that there is no smell leak through the reflectors. You may not have this issue, but it's something to be aware of. I'd try running them as is for now, and keep in mind this fact if you're having problems keeping the smell in check. I don't know which size mine are anymore, but the 2 I have are the same...

On the size discrepancy, I don't know, I'd probably just work with them as is and not worry about it, but I can see the other side, too. Unless you've planned things so that there isn't much overlap, you should be fine I'd think. Just my own 2 cents...

Looks like you've got some great stuff that should provide plenty of motivation when working on getting that basement pulled together. :)

Hope you had a great weekend! X

id try them first and see what they are like, id do a test and put one up and check the coverage then swap it for the other one and check the coverage of that, at least then you could use chalk or something to mark where the light is shining then when you swap for the other one you can see how different it is, chances are it wont be much, but if it was me and set them up and check the coverage before contacting them, if your not happy then contact them, so give them a test and check the difference, it might be hardly anything or it could be a big difference, id think their wont be to much in it, it just depends how close to the plants you are and how big the space is your growing in,
i know with the hoods that they shine more to the sides so where the hood comes down at the sides this is the side that will spread the light out, so say you grow space is 3ft from front to back and 4ft from side to side, then this means you would need to set the light up so the bulb is running from front to back, this way the light will cover the 4ft more, so id set one up and check the coverage and then swap them over, just make sure you keep it at the same height then you will be able to check the difference in coverage, chances are they ran out of the 1 or they may have ordered them from the suppliers and they got given the different model, so it might not be their fault as such, but give them a try before you contact them and if your not happy give them a shout

you made some real valid points don, i dont think ill return them just yet. a test run isn't a bad idea at all, in fact, I have another Hydrotek Silverstar A/C hood that i'd love to do a comparison run with. No matter what, all the hydrofarm hoods are CSA approved so im golden for inspections

I bought all my stuff local :thumb:
I have a great hydro store. they matched everything they could from this web site. Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store: Horticulture Source
they have the all around best prices on the net and the best shipping prices.

I really believe in buying local. Most will price match and then if there is a issue there is no RMA, return shipping. I was able to take cords, adapters anything I thought might work and if I didn't end up using it I was able to return it no questions asked for a full refund. They give me credit if I need it, they don't want an1's crop to suffer. A few times I have went to them for small Items and then took care of them when I could. I am sure to keep my credit at 0 as you never know when shit goes bad.

i feel like such an asshole bro, i went to my local hydro store last week and spent over an hour with the owner just planning out my room...only problem was when I started doing research, i found out that almost everything was 2x cheaper from the u.s!!!

best example ever,....C.A.P MLC-8X cost me $210 on website....the owner at the local place wanted to charge me $489.95 pre tax!!!

8" vortex cost me $213 on the site...local buddy wants $349.95.......and he has the fucking balls to tell me that all the prices he listed is from the manufacture themselves so he doesnt make a big profit?!?! it would have cost me over 5gs going to them, and i got everything for half that

Back
Top Bottom