UG's Paradise

the electrician finally came over. good news is it's doable, bad news is just as I thought, c.a.p mlc-8x isnt up to par for health canada standards. So that was a big $220 waste. He will use as much pieces as he can from the c.a.p mlc and build his own timer board (he's done about 70% of all the rooms in b.c). he will also install a new 120a sub panel. He will call me in a couple days for a total price so my fingers are crossed.

does anyone have any good info for building a room? like to use 2x3's vs 2x4's...sheetrock vs plywood....should I use vapor barrier? is r12 a fine insulation or do I need something thicker?...should I silicon/seal foam around every hole? (yes, i plan on using co2)

just these kinda questions....or if someone knows a website, or book lol

FML

of course the C.A.P MLC-8X isn't ETL approved to UL and CSA standards....

looks like I have to fork out $550 for an 8 light 40A High-Lite HID Timer Board....just because it's CSA and UL approved!!! stupid canadian inspections!!!....i'l also be stuck with a brand new c.a.p mlc-8x

Actually...........I'm looking to buy one within the next month...sooooooooooooo....get my drift? lol

the electrician finally came over. good news is it's doable, bad news is just as I thought, c.a.p mlc-8x isnt up to par for health canada standards. So that was a big $220 waste. He will use as much pieces as he can from the c.a.p mlc and build his own timer board (he's done about 70% of all the rooms in b.c). he will also install a new 120a sub panel. He will call me in a couple days for a total price so my fingers are crossed.

does anyone have any good info for building a room? like to use 2x3's vs 2x4's...sheetrock vs plywood....should I use vapor barrier? is r12 a fine insulation or do I need something thicker?...should I silicon/seal foam around every hole? (yes, i plan on using co2)

just these kinda questions....or if someone knows a website, or book lol

In the room i built I used silicone in every crack I could find. didn't want any leakage at all.

I would use 2x4's in all areas you need strength. I would also use plywood where you need strength and sheetrock where it's not needed.
I used 2x2 over the top of my sheetrock to hang the lights from. used 4 inch screws to tighten the 2x2's into the rafters above.

im 100% willing to sell it, I just wouldn't know anyone who would use it lol. how much would it be to ship it? I live in vancouver bc. The elec hasn't done anything to it yet luckily so it's still in the wrapper. I paid $212 plus $30 for shipping but id sell it for 175 (depending on shipping charges, ie if it was like 70 I would do 150) so I could use that money towards the new light controller. Being the impulsive person that I am, the only reason I purchased it was cause it's $450 here and I saw it for $212!

In the room i built I used silicone in every crack I could find. didn't want any leakage at all.

I would use 2x4's in all areas you need strength. I would also use plywood where you need strength and sheetrock where it's not needed.
I used 2x2 over the top of my sheetrock to hang the lights from. used 4 inch screws to tighten the 2x2's into the rafters above.

thank you for that info bro!!

this is my plan for sterilizng the basement, I know it seems insane but we've found a couple rats and shit to go with it so need to take measures.

1.Pressure wash everything
2.Bleach everything
3.Pressure wash once more
4.Concrete sealer for crack/leak in basement
5.Beneffect (every restoration company here uses it, just an awesome natural disinfectant)
6.Home defense for prevention

I was also going to order seeds today but it looks like all the site sponsors are pretty bone dry. I'll order what I can that's in stock but I'll check every day to see if they restocked their inventory. Please help me choose people, it's like being in a candy shop and having no idea what anything tastes like.

Here's what made it through the round-robin.
* means I'm real interested. I would preferably like to order 3 diff strains and 5 of each. I'll crack all of them at once and keep the best of each strain for mommas

Emerald Triangle - Royal Purple Kush
Secret Valley Seeds - Purple Pineberry
*Bomb Seeds - THC Bomb
*Reserva Privada - Skywalker OG Kush
*Barney's Farm - Lucy
Barney's Farm - Pineapple chunk
*Barney's farm - Liberty Haze
*Dutch Passion - Purple #1
*DNA Genetics - Chocolope Kush
DNA Genetics - Holy Grail Kush
Connoisseur Genetics - GranDaddy Purple S1
*Sativa Seedbank - Blackberry
*Resin Seeds - Cannatonic
G-13 - Pineapple Express

I'm thinking..

5 Sativa Seeds - Blackberry
5 Bomb Seeds - THC Bomb
5 Barney's Farm - Liberty Haze/Lucy??
2 Reserva Privada Skywalker OG (just because I hear it's the bomb)

My favorites/most interesting in that list are probably Skywalker OG (I'll be really jealous!), Lucy (really great), Chocolope Kush ("Chocolope" is my favorite strain, and the "Chocolope Kush" might just be amazing), Pineapple Express, ooh, and Holy Grail Kush... All of the others sound good, but I don't have much insight on them. Grandaddy Purp is supposed to be really good. Cannatonic is a good one for pain I've heard, and very high in CBD. Man, that's a good list!

Sorry, I'm not too experienced with the type of build you are doing, or Co2. Alaskan1 seemed to have some good tips, though. I love the fact that you are really thinking this through and doing this right, and your plan sounds good as far as cleaning, disinfecting, and bug treating. Great job! :high-five:

ppreciate your opinions man i'm always intrigued on what you gotta say. I actually got some Cannatonic#2 from a local dispensary and it was very nice, but other than that the list is a fresh boufet. I ordered my batch this morning because I have space/time to get them nice and ready for the flower room, i'll use 4 T5's and a 125w cfl for starting them then move to a 600w mh in the dr240w.

unfortunately I ordered them before I read your post brother X. Even so, I got something you'll like ;)

10 Bomb Seeds- THC Bomb
5 G13 - Pineapple Express
2 Reserva Privada - Skywalker OG (this is for the great reviews, both will become moms)

and the freebies which I don't plan on cracking, at least for a while...

World of seeds - Mazar Kush, Afghan Kush x White, Skunk 47
Dinafem - Critical Jack auto
Delicious seeds - LA Diva auto

i've spent 16 hours in the past 3 days just cleaning and we're about 40% done. tomorrow i'll get 6-8 hours in and bleach the walls/floors, bleach the crossbeams/supportbeams/floorboards with a very diluted amount, followed by a power wash, let that dry for 24 hours w/ fans and heaters. Next day do all the concrete sealer and apply the Beneffect (both need sprayers) and let that air dry for 10 mins. Next day I will bomb the place with home defence then its time to get the wiring and wood together!!!!:rasta

i've spent 16 hours in the past 3 days just cleaning and we're about 40% done. tomorrow i'll get 6-8 hours in and bleach the walls/floors, bleach the crossbeams/supportbeams/floorboards with a very diluted amount, followed by a power wash, let that dry for 24 hours w/ fans and heaters. Next day do all the concrete sealer and apply the Beneffect (both need sprayers) and let that air dry for 10 mins. Next day I will bomb the place with home defence then its time to get the wiring and wood together!!!!:rasta

:bravo:

Great job, UG. You'll be really glad for the problems you'll avoid by your diligence. I'm really impressed, truly.

Those strains look great - to me they're almost all great (I love variety and enjoy everything I've grown), but I was weighing in with some favorites and things I'm intrigued by. The Skywalker OG is the highest on my future seeds wish list at the moment, so I'm hoping you can let me know if it's as good as I think it'll be... :) I'll bet they're all good though, and your list was all winners from what I saw. :thumb:

paying for my meds is motivating me everyday to do this quicker lol. I will make another order in the future and lucy/chocolope will be on them right away. I think the Skywalker OG that 420 talks about is the sativa dominant right?looks like those genes aren't leaving California lol. it works out either way cause I love the daytime vape and really love the night time vape lol. Props to your advice and help my brotha

paying for my meds is motivating me everyday to do this quicker lol. I will make another order in the future and lucy/chocolope will be on them right away. I think the Skywalker OG that 420 talks about is the sativa dominant right?looks like those genes aren't leaving California lol. it works out either way cause I love the daytime vape and really love the night time vape lol. Props to your advice and help my brotha

Yea, i hate paying for meds. luckily, i rarely ever have to do that.

another big bummer today...went to do all the concrete sealing and there's a leak. I'm rattled because I don't have much extra money laying around and I know it's a cracked drain tile :rip: ( I believe roots from a tree in the backyard just mangled it and I do not have $7-10k to fix this. Of course the best way to seal a crack is from the outside but I have some Drylok Fast plug that I will take my time with and try to plug it as much as I can. If the pressure breaks the sealant, we got two options which are about half the price of fixing the drain tile

1. Gout Injection
2. Add waterproof flashings along junctions, where a semipermeable concrete meets the foundation wall

Hi UG -

I feel for you that's a lot of dough, and money is huge concern for me right now, too. I respect your efforts to not take shortcuts - hang in there buddy!

It sucks Xlr8 cause I was looking at a flo n gro today and was planning on getting it tomorrow but looks like I'll be waiting a while lol. Thanks for your support tho brother and I'm glad that i'm doing this the "hard" way. While i've been setting everything up, I've learned a lot about the equipment I'm about to be using and have also been absorbing lots of growing information from you and many others on here. props to all you guys:passitleft:

it will all be worth it in the end mate, at least if its done properly then their is less risk of things going wrong, doing it yourself is always cheaper but without having the skills and training needed then their is no saying it would be safe, better safe than sorry when it involves your home mate,

Back
Top Bottom