Unsealed my cob today, after over 3.5 months

So what results did you get - was it any good??
The 'testers' I tried of the ones that reached ferment were good, altho I haven't yet broken into them 'full time'. But my next ones I intend to start when the buds are a little 'wetter' to observe and test how the resulting ferment goes. I really like the idea of consuming a small bit and saving my lungs!

I really like the idea of consuming a small bit and saving my lungs!
I hear ya!!! I hadn't been smoking much but am finding that the instant gratification of a One hitter has grown on me. Even vaping seems to take too long now. But I find that the buzz is short lived with the one hitter and the vape doesn't hit as hard. So chewing a small bit of weed might be the best choice. Expecially if it is a bigger hit - I kinda want to experience the halucinagenic effect. Not sure if my weed is strong enough for that tho!!
Waiting is the hard part!!!

I hear ya!!! I hadn't been smoking much but am finding that the instant gratification of a One hitter has grown on me. Even vaping seems to take too long now. But I find that the buzz is short lived with the one hitter and the vape doesn't hit as hard. So chewing a small bit of weed might be the best choice. Expecially if it is a bigger hit - I kinda want to experience the halucinagenic effect. Not sure if my weed is strong enough for that tho!!
Yes exactly! I should mention that the cobs I made were using buds from hybrid plants, 2 indica dominant and 1 sativa dominant. At the time I was really taken with Tangwena's approach and experience and I couldn't wait to try it.

Last year I grew sativas but I didn't do a good job with their training, and I also lost one plant so I didn't feel I had enough. But this year I am growing sativas so I really keen to make some cobs with their buds. Also as you mentioned also, the sativa hallucinogenic effect is one I'd love to have encapsulated in a cob and are looking forward to experiencing!

I have only made 2 cobs each from 3 different strains. In hindsight 1 strain was too dehydrated and I don't think reached 'ferment' like the other 2 strains I used.

If all goes well on my current grow I will do it again, but I'll try to judge the buds used when they are a little more hydrated but not too much. I know, it's all easier said than done, that's why it's an art as well as science.
It's actually easier than it sounds.
Providing the buds are just fractionally to moist to smoke, then they'll be good. About the time or just before, when you would put them into the glass jar to start conventional curing.
If you do slightly wetter then they won't be as colourful or as terpy but they'll still work really well.

To get the hallucinogenic hit you need to stop smoking or vaping for a while to allow your tolerance to lower. Once it's lowered you can still get high every day, but on miniscule amounts.
Initially if your a heavy smoker you might need up to a gram or more for a good hit and perhaps have to top up later in the day, but after a while you'll be eating 50mg and be almost tripping and the high will last for many hours.

To get the hallucinogenic hit you need to stop smoking or vaping for a while to allow your tolerance to lower. Once it's lowered you can still get high every day, but on miniscule amounts.
Initially if your a heavy smoker you might need up to a gram or more for a good hit and perhaps have to top up later in the day, but after a while you'll be eating 50mg and be almost tripping and the high will last for many hours.
That does make sense, and would apply to me, a need to reprogram our system to recognise the 'new' cobbed bud!

That does make sense, and would apply to me, a need to reprogram our system to recognise the 'new' cobbed bud!
It was the same for me. I was getting through 3-5g of good strong Sativa a day. I still like to vape a occasionally (I got back into vaping in December when I was testing harvested plants) but get silly high on 300mg of eaten cob.
Last year I stoped vaping for many months and was able to get a good high from as little as 10mg!.
My wife takes 30-60mg of cob every morning and is high as a kite and motivated to get things done.
You must remember that we are using really good outdoor grown organic Sativas to make our cobs, the best parts, not some airy second grade buds. You have to start with good weed to make good cobs!
This method was originally for preserving outdoor grown African Sativa bit hybrids or indicas.

The high from eating good cob is very different from smoking or eating other edibles.

Enough of my ramblings; it's the 450mg of 3 month old Original haze cob I ate 2 hours ago

Hey ramble all you want....now I can hardly wait..
Gracias amigo!
@Potpimp I wish you would come back and let us know a little more about your cobs!!
Yes @Potpimp talk you us!

Interestingly, a chap in another forum tried his first eaten cob in December and since then none of us have been able to contact him?
I wonder if the cob was too strong and he ate too much? Maybe the same happened to potpimp?

A have a novice friend (in her sixties who has dabbled all her life) 200mg of strong cob with the strict instructions that for her this was enough for 8 to 10 good hits. The silly woman didn't listen and ate the whole lot. She was bad and never wants to try eating cob again.

OK - one day short of a month....but....I'm impatient!!!! So today at about 3:00 I slivered off a couple of pieces - I don't know the weight because my scale doesn't measure that small I guess - the chunk was about as big as a finger nail and maybe twice as thick bevelling down to nuffin'. About an hour later I could feel a slight buzz starting so I chewed up the other piece. So far, it is now 8:00, and it is still a nice pleasant buzz.
I was pleased that anything happened considering that I wasn't sure it was moist enough to ferment - surprised that the taste was OK, not unpleasant at all. Material was real dense so I guess squeezing it in the vice was a good idea.
I guess I will let it ferment for a while longer and assuming it will get stronger. I will probably try a bigger piece as well.
Any suggestions and comments are invited....as to how big of chunk is normal - size, can't weight it.
But so far, pleased!!!!:thumb:

OK - one day short of a month....but....I'm impatient!!!! So today at about 3:00 I slivered off a couple of pieces - I don't know the weight because my scale doesn't measure that small I guess - the chunk was about as big as a finger nail and maybe twice as thick bevelling down to nuffin'. About an hour later I could feel a slight buzz starting so I chewed up the other piece. So far, it is now 8:00, and it is still a nice pleasant buzz.
I was pleased that anything happened considering that I wasn't sure it was moist enough to ferment - surprised that the taste was OK, not unpleasant at all. Material was real dense so I guess squeezing it in the vice was a good idea.
I guess I will let it ferment for a while longer and assuming it will get stronger. I will probably try a bigger piece as well.
Any suggestions and comments are invited....as to how big of chunk is normal - size, can't weight it.
But so far, pleased!!!!:thumb:
One month is very early, but the fact that it worked so young is a good sign.
6 months of aging is when most consider them mature enough to give you a good hit.
The dose you need is dependant on how much of a tolerance you have from smoking.
My wife very rarely inhales and can get high on 10mg. If she takes 50mg she's stupidly high all day.
I get a nice buzz on as little as 20mg, but usually take about 200-350mg for a proper high that lasts most of the day.
It's hard to advise you on how big a piece to take without scales as all cobs will vary due to how compact they are; of your a regular heavy smoker or vaper then start with at least 0.5g.

I've just reread your post and you say it's real dense. I suggest, providing your a heavy user, a piece the length and thickness of your little finger down to the base of the nail. That should have you "bent silly". Enjoy!

6 months of aging
Whaaaaaaat??????? Did I mention that I'm not a patient man???!!!!???? Instant gratification Baby!!!!! :rofl:
This is gonna be tough....I need a better hiding place!!! Something with a timed lock!!!
your little finger down to the base of the nail.
Oh Man, I think "bent silly" would be an understatement - I will build slowly.....like I said, I just used a sliver!!!
Thanx for the advice!!!!:thumb:

OK, it's been about 5 weeks and I decided that since I had wore my hips out yesterday sifting a bunch of compost and top soil.....I deserved a treat...so....I snuck into my cob and slivered off a peice, 1 inch around and about 1/8" thick and then I chopped off about a third of that and chewed it up. Taste wasn't great so I finished it off with a chocolate!!!
I could feel it start about 45 minutes in and it is now about three hours in and still a real nice pleasant buzz goin' on.
I can hardly wait for the full three months of fermentation to take place!!! If there is any left by then!!! :laughtwo: I can hardly wait until I have some fresh crop so I can do this right!!!

Well, well, well......I am falling in love with Cob!!!! Even tho I felt like I was doing everything wrong, using too dry weed, none of the proper equipment....even now using it waaaaay too early......I love this stuff. What a sweet high....
talk soon...

Well, well, well......I am falling in love with Cob!!!! Even tho I felt like I was doing everything wrong, using too dry weed, none of the proper equipment....even now using it waaaaay too early......I love this stuff. What a sweet high....
talk soon...
That's great Buzz, good to hear!

Just for the hell of it I've been vaping crumbled cob and then I got the idea "It's just toasted weed - chew it" so....after I've vaped it, I empty it out and chew it...I believe I got every bit out that bit of weed possible!!!

Back
Top Bottom