lotus710

ive heard this word used many times but i cannot find anything on google or in any forums on what it actually means. could someone please enlighten me? thank you in advance:)

Sounds like slang for transplanting to a bigger pot.

I was hanging out with my old hippie buddy and he kept saying that he had to "up pot" his plants. after about an hour of him saying it a few times I was like what the hell is up pot? After he explained I was like oh you mean transplanting.
I had just never heard it called up potting before.

ohh ok i understand. just more slangXD i thought it was when they cut the bottom off the pastic pot and plant it into bigger one filled with soil

UltraDan has it right. Transplanting to a bigger pot/can/container.

Transplanting a plant simply means to move a plant to a different location or even media, but not necessarily to a larger container.

For instance, when using Oldtimer1's method of bonsai root pruning and mum renovation (found in this thread Bonsai Mothers), you will transplant back into the same container or same size container. In his tutorial it was a 1 liter container.

Once I finally get things going I plan to try the Bonsai Mums method instead of having large mother plants taking up so much room. Bonsai needs less light and nutes too. He mentioned having 15 year old mother plants using bonsai techniques.

Edited to add that there is a larger thread with more info here Bonsai Mothers Didn't notice it or I woulda just posted this link. Also, thanks for archiving the info 420Dexter and FryingPanFlyer.

Back
Top Bottom