US cannabis travel tips and suggestions

Hey all. We'll be traveling from Michigan to New Mexico with Indiana, Nebraska, and Kansas being the only backward states that are still illegal.

Missouri and Iowa are medical legal and I am planning on trying to get a note from my man's doctor since the VA is federally funded and can't. I'm not going to ask how to travel through states that are still illegal since that's wrong...

I do want to know what to do legally in Colorado and New Mexico. I've never bought cannabis and have no idea what is considered cannabis tourism. Any suggestions for weed sight seeing are appreciated. Where does one smoke a joint when not at home? I love my PAX vape but not sure if I can make it a couple weeks without properly burning flower.

Any cool non-weed suggestions are welcome to. I'm planning on forcing my partner to go see the Twister museum in Wakita, Oklahoma (RIP Bill a Paxton) and hopefully we'll get time in Chicago on the way back to see the U-boat and grab some pizza.

But mostly weed travel tips and tricks.

Every State has their own Medical cards/requirements, so a note won't help you really same as a Med card in OR won't work in WA or CA or anywhere else that has a Med program. Smoking is tough as far as I know most places you can't do in "public" so that knocks out pretty much everywhere "technically" that's not your own home. So how much they enforce toking in public is not only going to vary on the State but the local jurisdiction on top of that will vary (example: when I was in Eureka I asked the guy at glass shop, and he said they depend on tourism and the cops have plenty other things more priority like the homeless problem that they not going to bother with you unless you doing it where there is people around to complain). Some places I swear folks give you the evil eye so much when I light a cig out in public, that they prob wouldn't be any worse or might even be less so if I lit up a Jay instead ;) :rofl: .

Every State has their own Medical cards/requirements, so a note won't help you really same as a Med card in OR won't work in WA or CA or anywhere else that has a Med program. Smoking is tough as far as I know most places you can't do in "public" so that knocks out pretty much everywhere "technically" that's not your own home. So how much they enforce toking in public is not only going to vary on the State but the local jurisdiction on top of that will vary (example: when I was in Eureka I asked the guy at glass shop, and he said they depend on tourism and the cops have plenty other things more priority like the homeless problem that they not going to bother with you unless you doing it where there is people around to complain). Some places I swear folks give you the evil eye so much when I light a cig out in public, that they prob wouldn't be any worse or might even be less so if I lit up a Jay instead ;) :rofl: .
That's what I'm reading. Colorado has a couple campgrounds that are 420 friendly so yay for that. I guess this gives me a reason to finally maybe get one of those cartridge vape things. You guys sent out the Zolo battery for over of the contests. Will that take any of the prefilled tanks from a dispensary?

I get the same vibes regarding cigarettes here. The last year we went to the fair before COVID-19 I got some sass from a couple teenagers for smoking on the midway.

Good God Iowa... Never been there but it looks like Kansas if Kansas somehow became more Kansas-y and sad.

That's what I'm reading. Colorado has a couple campgrounds that are 420 friendly so yay for that. I guess this gives me a reason to finally maybe get one of those cartridge vape things. You guys sent out the Zolo battery for over of the contests. Will that take any of the prefilled tanks from a dispensary?

I get the same vibes regarding cigarettes here. The last year we went to the fair before COVID-19 I got some sass from a couple teenagers for smoking on the midway.

Good God Iowa... Never been there but it looks like Kansas if Kansas somehow became more Kansas-y and sad.

Not sure on that battery, I know there is a couple different types but not a ton to keep it sorta universal. Careful in the other States like Iowa as they kinda in the "bible belt", but not sure on their laws as my Wife was from there but I hadn't started toking again when we were doing the long distance thing, as I was still working and dealing with random UA's. When it went legal for Rec in OR she let me start again for pain and as I was home 23/7 as her caregiver it was a Hobby on the growing part also (my Son tokes a lot so it don't go bad ;) , granted I toke more than I did when she was alive, but not like him as he is more like I was in my late teens early 20s :passitleft:). Just be discrete and you should be fine, well unless you in one of them States that better off being paranoid/extra cautious in ;) .

Not sure on that battery, I know there is a couple different types but not a ton to keep it sorta universal. Careful in the other States like Iowa as they kinda in the "bible belt", but not sure on their laws as my Wife was from there but I hadn't started toking again when we were doing the long distance thing, as I was still working and dealing with random UA's. When it went legal for Rec in OR she let me start again for pain and as I was home 23/7 as her caregiver it was a Hobby on the growing part also (my Son tokes a lot so it don't go bad ;) , granted I toke more than I did when she was alive, but not like him as he is more like I was in my late teens early 20s :passitleft:). Just be discrete and you should be fine, well unless you in one of them States that better off being paranoid/extra cautious in ;) .
Thank you...I'll just take the thing along and talk to the tenders. I was online shopping a local dispo and they have half gram disposable vapes so I have options. Plus, with John vaping tobacco we'll have an array of fluids and devices. It'll all end up looking like hipster tobacco snobery.

My condolences about your wife and my jealousy of you and your son being close enough to smoke together.

Hey so off topic but is Oregon's super lax laws on cannabis and psilocybes helping to lower the meth issue there?

My condolences about your wife and my jealousy of you and your son being close enough to smoke together.

Hey so off topic but is Oregon's super lax laws on cannabis and psilocybes helping to lower the meth issue there?

He's 26 and still at home, probably be here until I die ;) and then he be screwed as hasn't worked :rofl:

It's still a problem, just don't go to jail for possession of amounts deemed as usage not sales of any drug (which is way it should have been all along), quantities deemed as your dealing are harsher penalties than they was before even. But Cannabis possession has been like a traffic ticket for small amounts here in OR since the 70's (you get fined more for going 20 over the speed limit or throwing lit cigs out your car window in example)....the mushrooms are only legal for psychiatric therapy purposes (whatever the heck that means ;) ).....the hard stuff (meth and smack) will probably always be an issue unfortunately, but I think RX pain killer usage is down due to Cannabis being legal, but hard to believe any statistics one sees anymore as they get manipulated or are just not accurate sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom