Veg and Flower at Once and Possible Breeding

Thanks for that. Will do exactly that after my harvest. Need to buy some hash bags though. Another expense. I'm sure glad I only have to buy all this stuff ONCE and then I have it because my endeavor is starting to be expensive. But hey, you can't replace home-grown!

I took some photos last night but I was too tired to upload and post them. That being the case I will now post them here.

Here are the Bubba Kush tops that are in the flower room to be sexed. In this photo they are 3 days in flower and 6 days since being cut from their parent plants.
Bubba_tops1.jpg

Since High and wired asked if I had pictures of my flower room I have taken a couple of pics of flower room components I had not posted before.

Here is my filtered intake.
Filtered_intake.jpg

Here is a picture of my green light which is helpful if you must work in the flower room while the lights are out. Green plants do not absorb green light so they do not "see" the light from this bulb.
green_light1.jpg

Now for some pictures from the veg cabinet.

This is the view when opening the cabinet.
veg16.jpg

At bottom right you can see the Trainwreck that is sad and may not make it. It is accompanied by its Trainwreck siblings and you can just see the Hindu Kush mother's foliage at the top of the photo.
shrivled_Trainwreck_and_friends.jpg

Here are more Trainwreck plants along with Bubba Kush-G (the runt) at the bottom of the photo.
Trainwreck20.jpg

In this picture the top row are the Knights Templar while the bottom row is Trainwreck. The plant on the far right is Bubba Kush-G
Trainwreck_and_Knights_Templar.jpg

Here is the Hindu Kush mother with Bubba Kush plants to her right in the photo and one Trainwreck at the bottom of the photo.
Hindu_Kush1.jpg

Bubba Kush.
Bubba_Kushes.jpg

Bubba Kush-A can be seen at the right to it's left are more Bubba Kush plants.
Bubba_Kush_canopy.jpg

Enjoy.

What are the dimensions of your flower room. I have a 4x4x8 tent for flowering but I think I will build myself a flowering room this summer. Looking good my friend.

What are the dimensions of your flower room. I have a 4x4x8 tent for flowering but I think I will build myself a flowering room this summer. Looking good my friend.

H&W, thanks for the compliment.

My flower room measures 5' x 6' with a ceiling that slopes from 9' on one side to 11'-6" on the other. I plan on flowering 20 plants at a time in that space going into flower at around 2' tall. If you build a room I strongly suggest that you add multiple electrical circuits to the room as amperage draw adds up quickly. In my relatively small room I have 3 x 15 amp circuits and 1 x 20 amp circuit just in case.

H&W, thanks for the compliment.

My flower room measures 5' x 6' with a ceiling that slopes from 9' on one side to 11'-6" on the other. I plan on flowering 20 plants at a time in that space going into flower at around 2' tall. If you build a room I strongly suggest that you add multiple electrical circuits to the room as amperage draw adds up quickly. In my relatively small room I have 3 x 15 amp circuits and 1 x 20 amp circuit just in case.

Oh yeah for sure. The room that I'm thinking of building in my basement would be about 4 feet away from the electrical panel. I still have about 4 or 5 free breaker spaces left in the panel and I can always add a sub-panel if I run out. I have 3 dedicated 15-amp breakers right now with my existing setup. :cheer:

I lost the sad Trainwreck today. :( That brings my count down to 12 female Trainwrecks, 4 female Knights Templar, 1 Hindu Kush mother (getting very bushy) and 7 unknown Bubba Kush in the veg cabinet. In the flower room I have BK-A through BK-F tops being sexed. In the next few days I am going to try to improve on the cloner I made a while back I will post pics when I finish.

I fed the Bubba Kush plants in veg last night except for BK-G (the runt), I also watered some of the Trainwrecks that had light pots or seemed dry in the top inch. I also watered the Bubba Kush tops in the flower room as some of them were becoming slightly droopy even with the bags over them.

I have misplaced the aquarium pump I was going to use for upgrading my cloner so it may be a week or two before I have pictures to show.

I just got finished feeding all of the plants in veg except the Hindu Kush. All of the Bubba Kush got full strength while the Trainwreck and Knights Templar got half strength. I will try to get pictures up tonight but it may have to wait for tomorrow.

I found the pump for the cloner but then realized that I dont have the proper adapter for the outlet. I will get one at a pet store soon and then get the cloner into it's best shape ever (hopefully). I think I may need to get a deeper container too, we will see.

The following photos are from January twentieth.

In the veg cabinet
In_the_cab_2.jpg

Knights Templar back row, Trainwreck front row
Trainwreck_and_Knights_Templar1.jpg

Trainwreck
Trainwreck23.jpg

Bubba Kush (The Runt)
The_Runt9.jpg

Hindu Kush
Hindu_Kush2.jpg

Bubba Kush
Bubba_Kush_and_Trainwreck1.jpg

Bubba Kush A. I had turned it around before this photo as the other side was getting really bushy but this side was kinda scraggly
Bubba_Kush_A.jpg

Finally the Bubba Kush tops. They look better in person than in the photo.
Bubba_Kush_tops1.jpg

Enjoy

Nice setup!! I have a question - did you use cloning gel on the tops? I am on my first grow and will be needing to sex plants before too long, and I am a little nervous about it. Im subscribed!! :rollit:

I dont know if cloning plants can be strain sensitive or anything like that but i bought some 5 dollar rooting hormone powder from meijers called root tone or something along those lines and i get clones with my laughing buddha strain to root in 7-10 days after cutting. I do not personally think expensive gel such as clonex could do that much better for me!

Smokey, thanks for stopping in and for the compliments. Blazin, thanks for answering the question for me.

I too use Root Tone (about $5 at Ace Hardware) as when I studied plant science in school they taught us to use the powdered hormones. I have heard from many that they prefer the gels but I don't see the need to pay so much for a gelled form of the same hormones.

I have a bubble cloner that I made a while back which I am now turning into an aero-cloner as that is the simplest method I have found. The other bonus to an aero-cloner is that you don't have to buy hormones, it uses nothing but water.

As far as the lighting goes I put these Bubba Kush tops into 18/6 for the first 4 days then switched over to 12/12 lighting. Taking cuttings is a stressful procedure for the plants (cutting and mother/father plant alike) and so is abruptly changing the light schedule. That is why I gave them 4 days to adjust to the original stress of cutting. It is not necessary but I have found that I have better luck with the cuttings if I only give them one stress at a time.

Smokey, thanks for stopping in and for the compliments. Blazin, thanks for answering the question for me.

I too use Root Tone (about $5 at Ace Hardware) as when I studied plant science in school they taught us to use the powdered hormones. I have heard from many that they prefer the gels but I don't see the need to pay so much for a gelled form of the same hormones.

I have a bubble cloner that I made a while back which I am now turning into an aero-cloner as that is the simplest method I have found. The other bonus to an aero-cloner is that you don't have to buy hormones, it uses nothing but water.

As far as the lighting goes I put these Bubba Kush tops into 18/6 for the first 4 days then switched over to 12/12 lighting. Taking cuttings is a stressful procedure for the plants (cutting and mother/father plant alike) and so is abruptly changing the light schedule. That is why I gave them 4 days to adjust to the original stress of cutting. It is not necessary but I have found that I have better luck with the cuttings if I only give them one stress at a time.

That makes perfect sense man about the lighting and what not, lately i have had 100% success with my clones, i use a tray with rapid rooter plugs and a dome, its simple and easy but slowly but surely as new lights come in and what not ill be making the switch to all hydro except for my mommies!

Smokey, I do not mix the rooting hormone with water. I take a cutting, scrape the outer layer off of the lower part of the stem, dip in powder then insert the cutting into whatever medium I am using. I wet the medium thoroughly before insertion.

On another note I put the runt into the flower room last night after transplanting it to a bigger pot. I never took a clone of it to sex as I will not be keeping these slow growing genetics whether boy or girl. I also fed the Bubba Kush plants that I still have in veg.

Back
Top Bottom