Veg stage?

Mosaicmind9x

When do you guys consider the start of veg stage? I'm 20 days from sprout

20210208_111534.jpg

20210208_111528.jpg

I've always heard that Seedling stage varies between 2-3 weeks, the actual Vegetative stage starts when the first full fingered (5+ fingers) leaves come out.
Mine i consider to have just started Veg stage today which is day 14 from the time they just popped above ground.
In another week they'll be twice the size they are now.
20210208_151456.jpg
20210208_151351.jpg
20210208_151341.jpg
20210208_151538.jpg

Nice mature plants, the seedlings look strong too. Are these photos or autos? I think you will find most count everything past 21 days from sprouting as "Veg". Others who clone seedlings might be a touch shorter. I noticed a regular bad habit, not filling up your grow container to the rim. It can really stunt your roots in those solo cups because the plant is only half or less of what is below the soil. They have already hit the bottom of those cups and are ready to move now imo. Clip a piece off the flowers and loop those trics rather than while it is still on the plant under those lights. If they are 12 weeks or more they are getting close. @Nunyabiz what's up with the straw? Damn nice plants too

Nice mature plants, the seedlings look strong too. Are these photos or autos? I think you will find most count everything past 21 days from sprouting as "Veg". Others who clone seedlings might be a touch shorter. I noticed a regular bad habit, not filling up your grow container to the rim. It can really stunt your roots in those solo cups because the plant is only half or less of what is below the soil. They have already hit the bottom of those cups and are ready to move now imo. Clip a piece off the flowers and loop those trics rather than while it is still on the plant under those lights. If they are 12 weeks or more they are getting close. @Nunyabiz what's up with the straw? Damn nice plants too
Yep, that always grinds my gears when I see a little cup half full of soil.
Or even worse a 10+ gallon fabric pot with like 5 gal of soil in it, makes me want to scream.

I am growing in Living Organic Soil and have worms and Beetles and such plus the soil microbes that I need to care for so a thick mulch or a cover crop is absolutely mandatory.
Keeps the soil moist and alive

Thanks. They are autos. Yeah, I hear you about filling the cup (which i did), but I forgot to tip it off after running water through to prep it. Transferring is an option, but a I had a Blueberry auto that came out nice in a cup. Appreciate all the info though

I consider the start of veg to be when my watering methods change from using a mister to water the plants that would swim around if watered normally, to the point that the plant has managed to send a tap root down to the bottom and established itself in the soil, so I can water with my watering can. In my mind, an established plant is no longer a seedling, and Veg has started. Your perception of reality may be different than mine, and that is ok... I don't think anyone has ever actually defined this one way or another.

I don't care when it starts I'm just interested when the flowering stage begins.

They VEG until I have space in the flower room. Hopefully it will be later than sooner.

Next up:
Counting the days till harvest......

I don't care when it starts I'm just interested when the flowering stage begins.

They VEG until I have space in the flower room. Hopefully it will be later than sooner.

Next up:
Counting the days till harvest......
I mainly ask because of feeding schedule. But I'm thinking about changing to a simpler nutrient

Gotcha.. so basically you wanna know when the plant begins to uptake nutrients from its new roots?

The cotyledons are there so the plant has a source of nutrients to grow roots. So once you see new true leaves your off and growing.

Back
Top Bottom