Vegging 4 plants all winter.

BigDugget

420 Member
Has anyone kept plants vegging for 6 plus months?

Been vegging plants since jan 1. Planned to place them in the ground end of may early june weather permitting.. Harvest mid october , can and will plants survive in regular potting soil with some home made organic nutes until the they head to the great outdoors?

Good to know,thanks and 2 years.. wicked,monster indeed.

Was wondering..What about the transition from indoor to outdoor for finish,will they take well after months of comfort in a room?.. Also wondering if i veg with cooler temps will it help build up more tolarance for the chill of fall i get in my area?

Good to know,thanks and 2 years.. wicked,monster indeed.

Was wondering..What about the transition from indoor to outdoor for finish,will they take well after months of comfort in a room?.. Also wondering if i veg with cooler temps will it help build up more tolarance for the chill of fall i get in my area?
When you think about it, when you place your plants outside they are not going to automatically switch to flower. You're putting them Outdoors likely around May long weekend so that they can continue to veg outside for June, July and into August. When it starts to get cooler outside and the light cycle starts to change, that's when the plants will automatically flip. You want to make sure you go with a strain that has no longer than a 10 week flower cycle otherwise winter may happen before they have a chance to fully mature.

I would not grow autos outdoors as they'll flip regardless of light cycle, only really growing for their respected predetermined veg time.

Cooler temperatures will cause colour changes as photosynthesis slows. Cold will also help to increase trichome production.

Back
Top Bottom