Veins in leaves turning yellow and purple super pretty what's wrong?

About 2 weeks old bruce banner auto growing great 4 quantum 600 led lamps all my plants but one have this really cool coloring to them all the veins are purple and yellow but not sick looking it's actually really pretty anyone know what's happening
20230619_141904.jpg
20230619_141952.jpg
20230619_141941.jpg

It's funny there extremly healthy visually and they look cool as hell problem is I have 6 plants of bruce banner 5 of them are purple yellow and one is green same lights nutes water and ventilation etc I'm so confused and they look the same In direct sunlight

Now under natural or white light everything looks different. The true colors are showing up.

As to what is going wrong it could be one or more of several things.

As mentioned by Roy Growin, what is the pH of the water you are using?

What soil is under all those small stones? Or is it something other than a natural soil, such as a coco coir mix?

And, what nutrients or fertilizers are you giving the plants? How often?

Strawberry fields fruit and bloom soil 30% nitrogen
Not sure of the ph will a pool test kit work ? Spring fed well water
As of yet no nutrients added
They look strong and healthy but the color is crazy this is my first time I appreciate the continued help

Now under natural or white light everything looks different. The true colors are showing up.

As to what is going wrong it could be one or more of several things.

As mentioned by Roy Growin, what is the pH of the water you are using?

What soil is under all those small stones? Or is it something other than a natural soil, such as a coco coir mix?

And, what nutrients or fertilizers are you giving the plants? How often?

smileyfaceelectrical

New Member​

Not sure of the ph will a pool test kit work ? Spring fed well water
As of yet no nutrients added
They look strong and healthy but the color is crazy this is my first time I appreciate the continued help

It probably is the Fox Farm soil mix which is supposed to have the ingredients:
35-45% coco fibre, sphagnum peat moss, aged forest products, perlite, fertilizer (0.5-0.3-0.3, from earthworm castings, bat guano, oyster shell and dolomite lime) and mycorrhizae.

You might be mixing up the 30% Nitrogen with something else listed on the bag.

Not sure of the ph will a pool test kit work ?
It should if you are used to using one. I use the drops kit that is used for testing pH for aquarium water.

The soil is built by Fox Farms to have a pH of 6.8 as the bags were filled. It would be treated as a natural soil grow. A pH of 6.3 is what you want to shoot for to get the best growing. Let us know what you come up with and there are members who had help you figure out what adjusting you might have to do.

The plants look like they need a basic fertilizer meant for seedlings but I would think that the soil you bought should be good for this stage. Maybe the pH of the water is not close enough to where it should be for the small plants.

Plus there are people here who have well water of one type or another so they can help.

Should I worry and if it is the ph what are the best ways to adjust up or down ?
it is not the pH at this point in your grow. All the plant really needs right now is Nitrogen, and N is available to the plant across almost the entire usable range of pH. Also, the ONLY reason we adjust pH is so that chelated nutes (the most common kind) are in the correct range so that they make everything available to the plant. Since you are not yet using nutes, there is no need to worry about pH yet, of your incoming fluids, and certainly not the soil. Soil is adjusted to where it is for a very very good reason and if you mess with it on advice from the internet you are likely to get lost going down that rabbit hole. Adjusting soil pH is a new fad, and one never heard of (unless you were growing orchids that need a very acidic soil) until recent years. You bought good soil... trust it.

i also strongly doubt that you have already depleted this good soil of its initial load of nutrients... maybe in about a month, but not yet. Your plant should be doing a lot better than it is. I think I may have an explanation.

Where did this idea of the rocks on top come from. Were they washed before use, or did a lot of that phosphate dust come along with them into the top of your soil?

We have this thing called Mulder's Chart of nutrient interactions... here it is:
1687313328429.png

This chart informs us that a lot of phosphate in the system will decrease the plants ability to see Calcium, Potassium and Iron. Since these are needed nutrients, even this early in life, I think the early leaf symptoms point to all three of these deficiencies. Your soil is fortified with N, but will only have trace amounts of these 3 elements. I think based on what we are seeing, that there is now a strong need to feed these plants a good full range nutrient system, adjusted of course for their age. I suggest Fox Farms trio and the solubles to use with this soil and then follow the feeding instructions to the letter.

I did wash the rocks but now that I think about it I could of done a better job of it u might be on to something and the only reason rocks are there are for soil erosion due to the fact my watering system is automated actually everything is automated lights, intake and exhaust ventilation tied to thermostat directly above light rack water etc is there anyway to check the soil ? I'll pick up fox farm fruit and bloom notes today I hope this works there growing so well

20230620_191908.jpg

c is there anyway to check the soil ?
check the soil for what? PH? You can do a slurry test to check the base pH of your soil, but then there are two camps as to what to do with that information. The old fashioned crowd will insist on using the soil as it was designed by coming in with all of your fluids at 6.3 pH. The other camp claims that you must "adjust" that soil to remove the upper end buffers to move the base pH of the soil down around 6.5 pH, with the goal in mind that you will never have to pH adjust your incoming fluids. This seems to be a lot of work for dubious gain.

The nutes you are getting should be Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom. Now search online and find the feeding chart. Personally, I believe the 3 solubles, Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms and Cha-Ching greatly add to a FF grow, and I recommend getting them too.

Also, I love your very clean automated setup. A big pat on the back to you!

So I'm out in the Stix of nh and I had to drive a hour to find any Fox farm nutes and all i could get was Fox farm cultivation Nation veggie 24-14-11 and flower 4-35-26
I also got soil and water test kits soil does ph , nitrogen , phosphorus and potash
Also purchased ph kit for water I wanna get a baseline before I add nutes

Back
Top Bottom