White veins and brown/yellow spots

Firsttimer1

420 Member

Hey,
I am a new grower here, and I am concerned about my plant. Its over 4 week’s old. Over the past few weeks the veins of the plant leaves. I’ve been turning white and today when I came to check on my plant overnight these brown/yellow spots appeared on the leaves. I don’t know what’s the issue I’m thinking about something to do with the iron or nitrogen. I’m really not sure if I tested the pH level of the soil with one of those pH tester prong thingys and it said the levels are somewhere between 8 and 7 but im not sure if its accurate.
Can someone please help me out and tell me what to do?

It is wedding gelato and its being grown outdoors in miami
Cute girl, welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
I assume your in soil?
Are you feeding her any nutrients?
How often if so?
Talk soon my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yes i am in soil. I have not been feeding it at all. I got a fox farm soil mix which i think has nutrients in it. Should i be feeding it?

Yes i am in soil. I have not been feeding it at all. I got a fox farm soil mix which i think has nutrients in it. Should i be feeding it?
Fox farms is decent soil but has a limit.
After a month or so you need to supplement with some nutrition.
Do you have any nutrients?
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I do not. What should i get?
Also do you know whats wrong with my plant?
Judging by looks alone I'd say she is hungry.
Possible def starting, needs nitrogen at bare minimum but probably short of n,p & k. :Namaste:
But not bad yet though.
Easiest nutrients to use imo are Geoflora.
They were a sponsor but I didn't see them in that section.
Where are you located approximately?
I can give you an idea.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I don't see anything except normal stuff going on with your plant.
The leaves could be a little greener, but taking @Bill284 's advice, and feeding her, will fix that.

Possible def starting, needs nitrogen at bare minimum but probably short of n,p & k. :Namaste:
But not bad yet though.
I can give you an idea.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I am in miami Florida

But not bad yet though.
I can give you an idea.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks so much for your help!
Is there any budget products or brands you recommend?

Thanks so much for your help!
Is there any budget products or brands you recommend?

Fox farms has a decent liquid nutrient line if you just want an easy solution with not much thought or effort. This is one of the bigger decisions growers make. Using a nutrient line as directed or going your own way with amendments and such.

Your plant just looks hungry and at its age it’s very likely used up the nutrients in the mix.

This stuff

IMG_6924.jpeg

When you get your nutrients USE THEM AS DIRECTED

So many new growers think they know better or for some reason choose to use less than directed. Ignore all those thoughts and use the product exactly as it says. These companies have spent lots of money figuring out the exact amount you need to use to grow plants that you’re happy enough with you will buy it again.

Jeez didn’t realize I triple posted my bad 🤣

Thanks so much all of you for helping this is really helpful.
I just realized that i transplated it from a cup to a bigger plant 1 week ago. Shouldn’t the nutrients from all the new soil still be active?
Can it be i am over watering?

Doesn’t look like overwatering. Usually have swollen droopy leaves, yours appear smooth, just hungry. If you transplant into a larger container you don’t necessarily use that entire volume for soil. Your root ball takes up space so the new soil is less than the container size you transplant into.

As your plant gets larger it will consume more. It really just looks like it’s hungry. It may be aggressive, your soil may not be powerful, it may be both or none, either way that plant wants to eat.

So many new growers think they know better or for some reason choose to use less than directed. Ignore all those thoughts and use the product exactly as it says. These companies have spent lots of money figuring out the exact amount you need to use to grow plants that you’re happy enough with you will buy it again.
The use as directed is so important, especially for those who are just getting into the game of growing a specific type of plant in a pot of soil or with a hydroponic method.

Yes, this. Use the amounts shown in the schedule on the companies web site. And use the fertilizers as often as they say to use them.

As Keffka is getting to, no half doses because the plants look OK or to save money. No skipping fertilizing for a week or a couple of weeks because the plants look OK.

I just realized that i transplated it from a cup to a bigger plant 1 week ago.
A big tip that can prevent confusion or mistakes later on.....take notes. At least basic notes will go a long way to preventing confusion or even a big mistake later on.

Write down the date basic maintenance is done. In this case, the date the plant is transplanted from one container to another. We tend to look at our plants a couple of times a day, sometimes 3 or 4 times. Before long it all starts to run together and we loose track of when something was done or that it was not done. One time I had been planning the rest of the life of a particular plant and that included the next transplanting. I planned so long and so hard on what I was going to do that I had already selected the next pot, put some soil in and was ready to pop the plant out of its pot when I saw the note. I had already transplanted just two days before but I had been planning on putting this particular plant in flower so much that it was easy to loose track.

Have plants from two different strains. Make a note that is attached to each pot. It can be very frustrating to realize that we have forgotten which is in which pot.

Back
Top Bottom