Verb's Gorillas In Hempy Buckets - Under QB288 240W LED

Some of them are just hungrier than others for certain elements - go figure!
Gotta go with the flow - address the most likely deficiency. What affects top growth?
And what might your current mix be light on? I would try bumping it up.
:surf:

Did you factor in the Euro to USD conversion rate? Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm trying to go back to bed so I won't bust out my calculators and play along at this moment.
I thought Boron deficiencies correlated closer to the Canadian ---U.S. currency exchange rate?

Recently I up-potted a plant into hot soil and got similar results, but that was clearly run of the mill country nute burn.

Some of them are just hungrier than others for certain elements - go figure!
Gotta go with the flow - address the most likely deficiency. What affects top growth?
And what might your current mix be light on? I would try bumping it up.
:surf:
Thats why youre the man! Your knowledge combined with common sense :goodjob: I guess this was as you actually said, because of the lack of Calcium. Took couple pages to read that the plant needs enough Ca for B uptake and if plant is lacking Boron then it will be most likely defient for other micros as well.

3/7/2022 Journal update

Helllow!
It was a busy weekend once again and the frustration increases as this GG pheno seems to be a real problem child. Her sister in coco thrives and shes on the stretch phase now.
Wedding Cake also showed the first pistils during the weekend. Her structure is still kinda flimsy but as I topped her after 4th node and removed the lowest node - I guess there could be something to work with in the future.

Ran some calculations and the latest patch I mixed it only had 45ppm Ca and things was just getting even worse. Visible new growth tips apperead burned before the leave had even formed :eek::eek:

So I had to start ”V-blending” again…:nerd-with-glasses:
Added 3.75ml CalMag (mixed it in a separate 1L jug), Remo micro 5ml, Remo Bloom 2.5ml, GHE Bloom 4.5ml, Terpinator 12ml
^ I’d have changed the whole reservoir but ran out of the ”chloride evaporated” water - so gotta wait at least 48hrs before changing the water…hopefully no need to do that in next 7 days.

So now the current ppm values are:
  • N: 92ppm
  • P: 33ppm
  • K: 145ppm
  • Ca: 83ppm
  • Mg: 40ppm
  • S: ~15ppm
  • B: 0.38ppm
Ending EC: 1.4 / TDS: 720ppm

Little worried about the DWC plant because it is still lacking the vigour. And pistil formation has stopped. New growth and meristems still appears pale green and kinda twisted. Due the Ca inmobility it might take couple days (HOPEFULLY) until the plant perks up.

Foliage at least feels a slightly more softer again. I guess the worst damage has already happened.
As I changed the reservoir water I noticed there was floating dead root tips.
That makes more sense now why the branch broke so easily..

She not in the best shape and not the most pictorial one right now.
Two day difference (Day 27 - 29):
Saturday / Day 27:

Monday / Day 29:

Then her sister Glue in coco.
She got the first Kelp foliar feed last night and looks like she loved it!
She have had pretty much same feed as the DWC GG, expect Ive used CalMag agent 0.45ml/L

Day 28 night - Day 29

Day 27-28 before readjusting the ties:

Then @Barney's Farm Wedding Cake auto. She still formin poorly. Ive tried to up the Ca & K feed but it appears kinda flimsy.
Before the initial training:
1A76199C-1B43-42E7-91FF-F4A39B4C1CB7.jpeg

Hopefully things starting to look more bright during the 5th week.
Gotta catch up later today the other journals! I’m way behind on some of them. Also the notifications has blew up during the weekend so I wade through them as soon as I can.

Thank you for stoppin by. I appreciate all the feedback.

- V

Did you factor in the Euro to USD conversion rate? Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm trying to go back to bed so I won't bust out my calculators and play along at this moment.
I actually haven’t used the excel sheet as it is saved on my laptop. For now Ive used the online ones (manic botanix & Cannastats) with mobile.

Does the excel (I assume it is the same as Felipe sent me?) have Remo’s nute bottles correct liquid volumes, weight & SG?

:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

….Literally….losing it…..right naowww….
How defient plant can be?? Again as I lift the lid I completely snapped one more branch.

I don’t know this round is nothing but a disaster so far. Idk if I should cry or laugh :laugh:
4810FC5D-2B21-4368-B7EE-04DBEC24D5DB.jpeg

Kelp has done magic, but now TWO…LOL.

I was actually just wondering if this shit show can get any worse as the Ca deficiency has already done good job.

If we manage to turn this show back on track I’m impressed.
Happy monday!

I don’t know this round is nothing but a disaster so far. Idk if I should cry or laugh
I feel your pain brother.

You'll have better runs, and worse ones. Just push through, nobody has perfect grows every time.

You should see mine right now- you'd feel much much better about yours :rofl: . Those last photographs in my journal somehow missed all the crap showing (which was surprising, as they were just quick snaps).

But you're doing great, and remember, you're still learning like all of us, don't be hard on yourself brother.

I'll join in on that FelipeBlu :passitleft:

shit happens
:meditate:
Yas. Karma aint with me this time.

I feel your pain brother.

You'll have better runs, and worse ones. Just push through, nobody has perfect grows every time.

You should see mine right now- you'd feel much much better about yours :rofl: . Those last photographs in my journal somehow missed all the crap showing (which was surprising, as they were just quick snaps).

But you're doing great, and remember, you're still learning like all of us, don't be hard on yourself brother.

I'll join in on that FelipeBlu :passitleft:
Heh ye. I’m just being so impatient.. And thats the funny thing how I want to challenge myself, but then if things don’t work out I’m like bout to throw it.

Your garden were looking good brother. Blackberry seem to have Ca def.

3/9 Journal update

Hello hello!
Nothing much to update. Gorilla Glue in DWC still progressing poorly. I’ll try to change the whole reservoir again today.

GG#2 in coco doing all good. Ive fed about 700ppm feed ~5.8pH and 2x 250ml per day.
3/7/2022 - Day 31:

Wedding Cake still appears very flimsy. I’ve tried to feed her ~100ppm Ca and 180ppm K amongst with about 100ppm N if the structure would get any stronger.
Don’t have a soil pH testers right now and I’m suspecting the growing medium pH might be too acid.. Canna seedmix is 70% coco 25% peat and lil bit sand which is buffered to 5.7 pH. Yesterday mixed up some pH+ and tried to saturate the entire medium to get the pH up.
3/9 - Day 32:

DWC glue…meh I’ve got not much to say. I'm a little disappointed in myself. One broken branch which seems like its healing and then the second one looks dead :rip:
Ca 90-100ppm, K 190-200ppm
Day 31:
04C5CEB1-B04B-48F2-B7D3-04565D150E95.jpeg

And my daisy right now is Tangerine! The smell is so sweeet. It actually smells like a tangerine.
Also last night Incut couple test twigs and gotta admit this smoke could be the one I’m looking for! More about that in her own journal.

3/9/2022 tent groupie:
C1BB2443-9BAE-4D4B-B804-B4160264F153.jpeg

PS. This man Verbalist got hella excited about the new prize Led and even bought the new tent! I really hope the lamp gets all the way here. :adore:
Got some big new plans, and I might reveal that Verb wants to go hempy and test out AutoPots!

And I really do miss the photo-strains. These autos might be the last autos for a while. Aero cloner box also waiting for the cloning!

So hopefully starting out soon a new sponsored journal and moving this to the side project stack - if theres anything left inside the tent after this week. :rofl:

Pray4theNewGig!

- Verb

That glue is pretty sad - bummer when the grow doesn't go particularly well, like my last run lol
I am thinking of trying some kind of autopot this summer too, maybe a flood n drain
Used to do NFT but that isn't practical here and I don't have room for a 4 pot Wilma type set up, so I may be looking at one 10L bucket, grow one big bush and max it out
Interested to see what you set up :hookah:

This hempy thing, jeeez Felipe! Being excited like a lil kid at the christmas. I guess in perlite we trust! :surf:

That glue is pretty sad - bummer when the grow doesn't go particularly well, like my last run lol
I am thinking of trying some kind of autopot this summer too, maybe a flood n drain
Used to do NFT but that isn't practical here and I don't have room for a 4 pot Wilma type set up, so I may be looking at one 10L bucket, grow one big bush and max it out
Interested to see what you set up :hookah:
Bummer Glue still lookin pretty poor.. I prob ditch the DWC plant as soon as I need a reservoir for the Autopots.

I’ve got no experience using AutoPots, YET. But shit theyre the thing in 2022 - theres many new variations and I like the Air Domes most. You can set it under the AutoPots. It’s still gravity fed, but air domes oxygenates the water and makes the whole system even more cannabis friendly bottom irrigation system!

I’ll be setting up two 10L hempy buckets and two 15L autopots and will be using like 70/30 coco perlite mix in AutoPots.

3/12/2022 Journal update

Saturday 420fam & growers!
Haven’t had much to update because this auto run has been anything but convenient.

But at least we’ve got something to update this time. Where do we start?

From the prize LED! @NextLight 420h lamp arrived. FedEx brought it all the way to my door. :yahoo: I’m truly thankful and hard to put this feeling into the words. Simply amazing! :love:
I’ll be settin up a new journal as soon as I’ve most of the things and new seeds gathered.
11D52053-118C-4AB9-AC3D-431EBE4F6E2C.jpeg

D2CE4FCF-DBBD-4C79-AE53-B461D2629A4E.jpeg

Its only a half inch diameter! Amazing!
8E68650E-5C1C-41F0-AA1C-EAEB5E0B0447.jpeg

Jeez this man Verbalist being happier than in a long time!

Hopefully we get the new things up and runnin during the next week. :cool:

Then the ladies. Let’s start from the Wedding Cake auto.
Lol I’ve been dumb as f***.. WC is planted in Canna Terra seed mix which is a mix of peat moss, coco coir and sand. The compost pH is buffered down to 5.7 (as the young seedlings likes a bit more acid medium at the start).
Today realized why in the fuck I haven’t checked the runoff pH…. Runoff pH was showing 5.2! :eek: That explains a lot why its not growing properly.
Tried to flush the medium with 8pH water, and managed to get the runoff pH up to 6.1
Now I’ll let the medium dry out and see if she gets any better.

I thiiink 3/12/2022 is auto show’s 34th day.
Wedding Cake auto:
6244C90C-0ADE-4A94-88BD-674FBE4BCAB4.jpeg

Then next up Gorilla Glue auto in coco / 1gallon AirPot.
Shes comming up nicely. She on day 34 before the initial training:
D095CA9E-0E28-4F4C-988B-8CE5E705C09D.jpeg

Her structure/Quad-lining:
DA37F414-B373-4ACE-A602-9DC1376F8698.jpeg

42688AAB-7CF1-484D-B93A-EA6D3FFFE454.jpeg

New ties adjusted!
E67B65D0-995F-47C9-9AFA-4A80C5A0AB7F.jpeg

And then the bummer Glue :laughtwo: Shit is yellow like a banana. It actually got lil bit of green shade back, the light makes it look more yellowish.

Reservoir provides over 100ppm Ca and the nutrient ratios should be good. I was wondering @farside05 do you know how cannabis likes if the Boron being derived in form of ”Borax”? Because for me it looks like its not working with the DWC at all.. Almost immediately after switching Remo’s micro (this one has B derived form of Borax) back to GHE Micro the plant got some of the shades back and looks ”more alive”.

ill Glue day 34:
CD486C97-5310-4BEA-8E77-420E1C1DE103.jpeg

And my daisy-Tangerine swelling mad! I’ve to support that poor plastic lid somehow before the plant being that heavy so the netcup drops thru the lid :laugh:
789D3581-E349-47BD-96FB-993E5CB6BDDE.jpeg

Have a nice saturday brothers, sisters, fam and followers! :ciao:

- Verb

I like the Air Domes most. You can set it under the AutoPots. It’s still gravity fed, but air domes oxygenates the water and makes the whole system even more cannabis friendly bottom irrigation system!
If I read the information on the AutoPots correctly, the reservoir is only 1” deep - so by the time you turn on the Air Dome (3 weeks after starting), the plants might be drinking up that reservoir in 2 days or less. My point? A hempy reservoir is 2” deep - and with 100% perlite, I don’t believe there’s ever been a lack of air getting to the roots.

If I read the information on the AutoPots correctly, the reservoir is only 1” deep - so by the time you turn on the Air Dome (3 weeks after starting)
Yes true its only about 1-1.5" deep, but IMO the air dome doesn’t work like a regular air stone would do. Because of the round design it creates the ”dome” in bottom of the root zone. Which then also gives fresh air directly to the roots and oxygenates the water.

My point? A hempy reservoir is 2” deep - and with 100% perlite, I don’t believe there’s ever been a lack of air getting to the roots.
Hehaa, I’ve read shit tons of about hempys and I believe their rez wins the dome. And I decided to go for perlite because of the aeration and Hydroton in bottom creates better reservoir than full perlite would.
Excited :yahoo:

Breaking Bad Update (lolwow)

Sorry to bother you both @FelipeBlu @farside05 but you both know better than me!
So I’m still searching and testing what causes the nutrition imbalance on the DWC plant. As it looks like the problems started after I switched into Remo’s nutrients and started to use Canna’s CalMag agent.

So one thing I looked up as Remo’s micro Calcium derived form is Calcium nitrate. And Calcium nitrate seem to react differently with Nitric acid (pH minus)
Calcium's reaction with nitric acid varies according to the concentration of nitric acid because nitric acid can behave as an oxidizing acid and as well as a typical acid. Therefore, products of the reaction may be different
When nitric acid concentration is considerably high, it behaves as an oxidizing acid. Then, as products calcium nitrate, nitrogen dioxide and water are given as products.
And what?
Every time I’m mixing a new reservoir patch I first apply pH minus (GHE’s is Nitric acid, Phosphoric acid and organic (Urea) N acids) to get pH in range of 6.1-6.4 before mixing in the CalMag or Micro.
Could the pH minus (Nitric/Phosphoric acid) have some negative effects or change the reactions, as it is applied to the water before Calcium nitrate?

And also found this regarding Calcium nitrate and Urea nitrogen:
Urea should not be mixed with ammonium calcium nitrate (CAN), KCl, SSP or TSP. Urea can be mixed with most other fertilizers but fertilizer mixtures containing urea should be applied immediately after mixing.

Canna’s CalMag agent has 5.1% Nitrate N and 0.9% Urea N.
And both Remo’s labels and derived forms can be found from this journal. As Remo uses many new compounds in their Nutrients, I was thinking if theyre like designed to only work together(?)

Remo’s pH stabilizers are also hella weird. After mixing a new patch pH usually sets somewhere between 6.2-6.4 and I do need to apply almost like 2ml of pH minus per 10L of solution to get the pH down to 5.8-5.9. - Thats shit loads of acid pH concentration!!
Noticed when I used GHE’s nutes I needed like 0.5ml MAX/10L reseevoir to lower pH down to ~5.6ish from 6.4 :hmmmm:

I’ve been ”hot toppin” the reservoir for about three nights now with 1-2ml of GHE Micro. Ca ppm is skyrocketing but plant seem to get more green day by day.
3AAD93BC-055B-4B77-A50E-D4B746BD8AA7.jpeg

And the ”third mystery” is Borax. Very little info found from interwebs how Borax form of Boron works with DWC.

I was wondering should I make the new rez patch and leave Remo nutes completely out? Is it more stresful for the plant if the nutrients changes again for different compounds?

Thanks if you’ve got any tips for me! :love:
And PS. If anyone else has the knowledge or experience then I will be happy to hear it - erry1 welcum to help, share thoughts etc etc.

Appreciate it fam
:passitleft:

- V

3/16 Journal update & new beans!

Howdy magaziners!
Finally made my careful choice with the new photoperioid strains. So Verb went to see the local vendor to buy the seeds, and once again, free samples. I’m like really stocked right now! :laughtwo:

A15DFEB7-AA6C-4469-94FA-199965052CA7.jpeg

New photo strains will be:
  • 2x White Widow x Big Bud from Female Seeds
  • 2x @Barney's Farm Blueberry Cheese
WWxBB is my fav already! Two old legendary strains crossed and its Indica dominant hybrid. Buds should get big as coke bottles, thanks to Big Bud genetics.
Blueberry Cheese were the second choice as I wanted to grow my first -blueberry strain (good mix of Mycrene & Pinene). Interested to see the Blueberry/Blue Cheese medical effects. :cheesygrinsmiley:
095A4545-D9E9-48EF-A925-C3F229581F80.jpeg

I’ll be growing both strains each in Hempy bucket and 15L Autopot’s. For Hempys gonna use most likely 5:1 perlite:vermiculite and for AutoPots making a ~70/30 mix of Coco coir & perlite.

And clones will be taken from each pheno! The perfect pheno hunt to be started…soon. :headbanger:
Sponsored by @NextLight new journal should be up soon.

The Auto tent at day 37-38.
- Tent temp: 23C day/19-20C night
- RH: 40%
- VPD: ~1kPa
- Light(s): Mars Hydro TS1000 & 100W 4000K LED panel
- Reservoir temp: 17-18C
- Light schedule: 20/4 idk if I ever mentioned that but I’ve ran 22/2 and 20/4 schedule from the very beginning of this run

Gorilla Glue#1 DWC
Looks like GG#1 tryna makes some kind of come back, wow.
Still pretty poor looking peg and her growth may stay kinda stunted. Haven’t decided yet if I’m going to keep it or ditch it.

She started to get instantly better after switching back to GHE nutes. Fert ratios are kinda close as they were with Remos stuff. It it close to 2:cheesygrinsmiley:winkyface:1
N:K:Ca:Mg.
Reservoir runs at ~850ppm / 1.7EC

And she still tryna flower :cheesygrinsmiley:
6C3D46B6-6E90-49AF-B429-0137B3265950.jpeg

9AA71644-038B-446C-B51F-43CB4F0ED14C.jpeg

Gorilla Glue#2 - Coco coir

Comming up nicely. Wondering how big she gets in 1 gallon pot.
Last week feed, 250ml twice per day:
- 1ml/L Canna CalMag agent
- 1.2ml/L Remo Micro & Bloom
- 1ml/L Remo Astro flower
- 2ml/L Terpinator
+ beneficials and sum bloom boosters
TDS: ~950ppm / EC: 1.9

Had a little scropping operation :cheer:

Quad-lining structure:

Tent groupie & TD auto *lights off pic*
DC1CEC47-47C6-45EE-AB0A-4B72C7B24992.jpeg

C7DF3EC6-7E0D-41A8-83B4-1E9ECCFFE53C.jpeg

Thanks for stoppin!
Stay safe & medicated
:passitleft:

- Verb

Excellent choices!

That DWC GG is still kicking it! :thumb:
Thank you sir Blu.

And ye looks like. But still struggling tho.
Any idea why its showing Zinc deficiency symptoms now? Only needed in trace amounts and micro provides enough. I’ve understood that excess Phosphorus and Calcium only antagonises with Zinc(?)

Hell yeah great seed selection... And don't give up on the ladies yet...I know you can save them.
Thanks Hazmat!
Maybe yes, but would I rather to struggle with these, when there is a whole new neat setup and photo strains waitin for me. :laughtwo:
Jokes, I’ll watch for the next two-three weeks how do they grow and pick winner(s) before the new beanies needs the new tent.

Stay safe my friends
- V

Back
Top Bottom