Verify this is male?

Martok

I feel like I know the answer but I'm worried I threw out a couple plants maybe too early in my other tent, and this was just such a beautiful plant.

This is definitely a male, right? The way it's kinda on a little stalk?
IMG_E4680.JPG

Looks like it. As others said, wait a bit more. With as fanatical as we check ojr plants sex, most growers are on top of this male thing. Keeping a trained vigilant eye on those preflowers is enough to see a male show up. There still is a great deal of time before pollen gets dropped by those anthers. There will at least be a crop of 3 or 4 anthers, hanging before they even think about opening. Always be sure. I have seen males look like females at the start of showing preflowers and vice versa. Just wait and be patient and it will be revealed. As long as we are keeping our eyes on them, one will never slip past. It's not like the formation of 1 male preflower is going to ruin the grow. There are days of waiting for the anthers to open ONCE they are hanging like apples. Believe me, i like to breed and have waited for days for pollen to drop. There is a safe comfortable window we can operate in. with our male plants.

Nah, it totally looks male. Looks can be deceiving. If pollen is the concern, there are quite a few days before that plant drops pollen. Pic is too early and its still very small. I am half blind as well, on my Mom's side. ;) Since that's the case, i wait until i see his clusters and see if the male is worth breeding with. :)

Thanks everyone, I’ll let it stay a little longer to be sure, here are a few better pics maybe.
Dont react based on my opinion only.
But these look like they will be male to me in the last pics you posted before my post here.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Just let them grow more, maybe another 5 to 7 days to make sure...

My photo below are males for reference.
IMG_20200605_183918.jpg

IMG_20200605_183935.jpg

No rush just looking for info

The plants will show you soon enough. Don't do anything hasty until you're sure you're sure they are girls. Males typically take about 2 weeks once you sex them to start to worry about pollen.

Hi Martok... You have nothing to worry about pollen wise until you see pollen sacs that hang like lil bells from the stem then its time to decide to either harvest pollen or destroy the plant, Since I'm a breeder I'm all for collecting the pollen free genetics for future grows plus you spent all this time and money to grow it, might as well get something for your efforts.... :) Here's a pic of what I mean.... Good luck!
20200612_093316.jpg

Thanks everyone, I’ll let it stay a little longer to be sure, here are a few better pics maybe.
i am sure this has been settled by now,, but,,

that is absolutely completely male,, not even the slightest question about it.

the first pic is totally conclusive,,

but i was wrong once,,

Back
Top Bottom