Very first grow! Medical white rhino under house

calidreamin

Hey there everybody.
So here's me and my hubby's first attempt. It's janky, I know, and we plan to fix and upgrade as we go along.
Simple is what we're going for, we can always improve later.

Hope I'm doing this right!
Feel free to correct and give advice. You all know better than I do!
:thanks:

Under the house, no light cracks thanks to awesome panda paper.
Number of plants: 25 (Going for 25 under the lights but had extras and plan on sticking them under fluorescent and seeing how that works.)

Strain: white rhino
Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Pots: 2 gallon pots
Lighting: (2) 1000 watt hps lights

Got these clones last Monday 12/28/09 and I think they needed to be planted sooner, several have yellow leaves which I believe is a nitrogen problem simply because they needed to be planted already.
Planted them in FFOF Monday pm, watered them with PH 5.5 water (but next watering (tonight)I will make sure it's 6, I'm told that's better)
Have them under the lights 16-18 hours.
Is this too much light for these or are they going to be fine?
I was planning on starting to feed them Grow Big 6-4-4 next week.Is that all I will need to use or do I get more FF food for later when they get bigger?

I still need to get a fan in there, just have one small non-oscillating one. (it's impossible to find a fan this time of year, might have to order online) and do something to make the temp go up.
And we are going to make our own trays. This is a work in progress obviously. Not completely done yet! I feel very unknowledgeable but the only way you learn is by experience and you gotta start somewhere!

room110.jpg

1803.jpg

moreplants.jpg

goodplantscloseup.jpg

temp2.jpg

plants15.jpg

My saddest clone
happyclone.jpg

My happiest clone

I wonder how long it will take for the sad ones to green up and them to all be happy?
I've seen two different friend's grow rooms, one with this same strain (white rhino,got these from him) and another with a different purple strain I don't know the name of(but boy that stuff is dank!!).
White Rhino owner lets his plants get about 1.5-2 feet tall and the other friend about 4 feet. I figure you get more yield if the plants are big, is that the only difference in flowering and harvesting early? Less wait, less yield, same potency? :yummy:

Re: Very first grow!! Medical white rhino under house

Get you PH up to 6.2-6.8 asap. 5.5 is way too low. The soil should have enought nutes to carry the clones for the first 1-2 weeks. Then start the Grow Big at 25% strength for the first feeding and see how they react. Gradually increase the nutes with each feeding. How are your temps and humidity? The longer you veg the bigger the plant and larger potential yield. You have a ton of plants to cover with two lights. Assuming you don't have a light mover you may want to consider a shorter veg time and go 12/12 sooner to keep them small and well lit. You will lose a few but don't let it get you down. The first losses are the hardest. Nice start. Best of luck to you.

Saaweeeet welcome aboard :goodjob: you have just started a project/hobby that is so damn fun! But be ready your about to buy a bunch of new stuff lol
Take a look at my grow thos 25 little darlings(they are so cute and alot like puppys) grow really fast so plan ahead and listen to screwnuts33 there is a HUGE amount of free help here and a great vibe to boot.:peace:

Saaweeeet welcome aboard :goodjob: you have just started a project/hobby that is so damn fun! But be ready your about to buy a bunch of new stuff lol
Take a look at my grow(I have 28) Thos 25 little darlings(they are so cute and alot like puppys) grow really fast so plan ahead and listen to screwnuts33 there is a HUGE amount of free help here and a great vibe to boot.:peace:

Welcome aboard,
White Rhino was one of the first strains that I ever grew. GREAT smoke. You might want to check this out. It helped me out A LOT!!!! There is a great community here at 420 MAGAZINE. Some very smart people. The "On Demand" advice is invaluable in a time of crisis. :welcome:

One more thought, you might want to consider a MH bulb, !!!!!!!IF YOU HAVE A SWITCHABLE BALLAST!!!!!!! If not there are conversion bulbs out there that work alright! I say this because Cannabis needs more of the blue spectrum while it's in Veg and Vise Versa.. They will grow real lanky and sparse if you veg them out under the HPS. Now, if you are going SOG, they will be ok. But switch that lamp over to 12/12 now as to induce flowering. With the 16/18 most strains will not flower. There are some auto flower strains out there but you are growing from clone. You cannot clone a auto flower(Cannabis Ruderalis ) strain. I'm ranting now .Time for bed!

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

One more thought. You might want to consider a heater. That's pretty cold for Cannabis.

I can't wait until I get to the point of finally starting my grow journal. You are making me very jealous!! Are they all White Rhino? What made you decide to go with so many for your first go at it? I'm too much of a chicken I think.

I'm back!! Couldn't keep up with posting all the time.
The girls are doing great.
Turned the lights down to 12/12 about 1.5 weeks ago, and they're on their way. Room temp has been about 72 degrees. Switched the food but can't remember what type it was...lol.
Here are my girls:

1874.jpg

2583.jpg

3495.jpg

4384.jpg

:yummy:

I'm so happy...this has been way easier and funner than I thought it would be, and I can't wait to see how they turn out! YAY

Welcome aboard,
One more thought, you might want to consider a MH bulb, !!!!!!!IF YOU HAVE A SWITCHABLE BALLAST!!!!!!! If not there are conversion bulbs out there that work alright! I say this because Cannabis needs more of the blue spectrum while it's in Veg and Vise Versa.. They will grow real lanky and sparse if you veg them out under the HPS.

Is this the gneral consencus Velodrone m8? I am a week after planting in a tent but only have a HPS 400 watter (on 24hrs). I have only 4 planst on this my first grow so space shouldnt be an issue but of course I would like a decent yield :) Calidreamins updated pics dont look sparse under his hps light.

WTG Calidreamin. looking amazing

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom