Vlad's Colombian Gold Grow - Aeroponic - LED - DIY Reloaded

I may begin manufacturing my LED lamps in August and then feature them in my grow journal and then maybe ask 420 if I can commercialize them here with all the other cool money making businesses. My lights don't blow out or require fans for cooling, the china-based lamps that are running high temps allow frequent premature failure and lumen reduction. Many china manufactured units depend on fans to keep them from having a burnout and they like to use crap quality fans rather than industrial grade with long life characteristics. I'm an electronic engineer now studying biomedical eng. but it's not cheap so doing what I already know for the stink money wouldn't be a bad strategy. The thing holding me back was getting a credit card, otherwise known to the general public as the card that builds debt in exchange for crap. oh well,
I better buy stuff that will make more money then.
Vlad

Has anyone used the Raysace LED products that 420 is pushing right now? I like them, but think power is way overrated by only %500, lol! I'd recommend the Rays9000 if some guy has money burning a hole in his pocket. It would be great for one nice 3 foot tall plant like I am about to grow.

Vlad.

You've convinced me to go ahead and hook up the new light today... no time like now to get the best out of our plants. Updates in a couple of hours.

VP

I have basic soldering skills and understand a little bit of electronics (it is a subject I would love to learn more of), so I´m very interested on how this will turn!

Okay, light intensity has reached a level making sunglasses mandatory. the aluminum foil around the plant is keeping light from penetrating down into the reservoir. A fan has been added as necessary to blow down on the top of the plant.
IMG-20150619-00636.jpg
IMG-20150619-00637.jpg

I have basic soldering skills and understand a little bit of electronics (it is a subject I would love to learn more of), so I´m very interested on how this will turn!

The advantage of tinkering (safety first) is you can do what you want on a minimum budget, and as the results become stellar then you could get big money for a worthwhile investment and do your dream project! All of us are taking advantage of a new frontier in the world, cannabis marketing and development. Every year a new player or players enter the legal scene. One day I want to get paid to do my hobby, growing plants and designing systems for other people that want to do hydro cultures. To buy a ready made lamp from a distributor or any other middle man, you pay right off the bat %300 to %500 more than what it would cost direct from the factory before shipping and taxes. That's my take on DIY.

well time to buy a new timer for this lamp, 24/0 is not a terrible amount of electric butttt... it's getting to be a little bright around here and I'd like to rest the gear 6 hours a day. changing to 18/6 in two weeks when I have that cash to spare for a timer then. at the same time I will buy a new air pump and probably ditch the waterfall because this new one that I'm looking at moves 10x more than a standard aquarium air pump

Started cracking the whip on her today. Hello, LST.

1st picture is when I first started laying the plant down and twisting things. I was unsure with my first attempt, so I took away the green hook shaped wire you see.

2nd picture is when the procedure finished without a lot of harm and I chose the correct method to lock her down. Maybe it is not orthodox Fluxing, but let's see what happens.

the white wire is #16 copper solid core

I feel that topping to induce more buds, cutting stuff off in general leads to smaller and smaller buds. I jokingly mentioned earlier that I want this to be plant of the month on 420. So let's see how this mystery colombian bag seed plant turns out. If it's a male, we'll know in 3 weeks. I hope not, again, because there is an odor of citrus skunks and apple pie floating around and I only have one plant. Stay tuned.

Vlad

IMG-20150619-00639.jpg
IMG-20150619-00640.jpg

Don't worry comrades, she's fine. I had to start bending today because already the base stem closest to the growing medium was becoming woody. More updates tomorrow!!

Thanks fellas,
I will get the chance to do a brew journal on Monday, I have been trying to get a recipe down that tastes good. Even the panela one came out super strong and super bubbly. Stay tuned!

Vlad

The top up water which was about 1 liter non chlorinated had two drops of PH down added to it, to avoid raising the tanks PH out of range.

Back
Top Bottom