Volksball's First Grow: White Widow Feminized Grow Journal 2018

The only thing to be gained by this advice from another forum is to now consider the source and learn from that experience. There are a lot of bad forums out there and there is a reason that this one has become the number one resource and most popular cannabis forum in the world. If I gave you bad advice here, 10 people would jump on and tell you why I was wrong. BS stops here on this large global forum, whereas on other smaller boards, a strong vocal member can easily shout down good advice and I have even seen forums with "official plant doctors" giving terrible advice, and to preserve peace, none of the other members challenge them.
Even here, you get a lot of opinions sometimes and sadly I even see bad advice. When I see it, I call them on it, to preserve the integrity of what we do here. Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't... and if someone doesn't seem receptive to my help, I back off and let them learn on their own. Proof is in the pudding as they say, and I would check out anyone who was giving me advice to make sure they knew what they were talking about.
Well, you did the flush, the go to fix and number one advice coming out of those who are weak at diagnosing problems, and of course it isn't going to change much... actually all you did is water your plants while removing any traces of nourishment that might have been available to the plants. Let them dry out and know that they probably will be hungry or at least willing to accept some strong nutes, on the next watering.

Ok. Thanks. I do believe that the best advice I've gotten thus far has been from 420 and more specifically, you, so thanks.

The only thing I did since the flush was increase air flow in the tent by clicking on a third fan in the hope to help evaporate some of the water and get the air moving around. It's lights out now for them, so there isnt much heat in there to help dry them out.

I should say, I added the same ratio of nutes to the alkalinic water in the hope to not strip them of all nutes during the flush.

I'll wait until the next watering to decide what they need. I imagine that they may droop a bit given the soaking they experienced today, but I promise to not react. Ha. It really is hard to not be reactive during this process, but I'm learning to wait 12 hours before acting.

Thx again.

You are learning fast... yes, just consider this a through watering and we go on from here with some cleaned out containers. Not a crisis. Luckily the commonly given panacea to flush, is not generally harmful.
You're a good teacher. Thanks for your patience with my million-and-one questions.

V.

You're a good teacher. Thanks for your patience with my million-and-one questions.

V.
I thought she straightened you out Monday on this subject ha ha ! I’m still keeping up with you two , I believe this is the soil grow that’s teaching like being in a class room . And I like the for coming!

I thought she straightened you out Monday on this subject ha ha ! I’m still keeping up with you two , I believe this is the soil grow that’s teaching like being in a class room . And I like the for coming!
It's funny, because I'm a high school teacher, so I think this format suits me best. Its funny how much we are like our occupations for as much as we like to resist the notion.

It's funny, because I'm a high school teacher, so I think this format suits me best. Its funny how much we are like our occupations for as much as we like to resist the notion.
Cool , have bachelors degree in electrical power technology and thought about a class room . I found myself in industrial maintenance and loved it .

That is very true. I was an assistant professor for a while, but decided academia and poverty were not my thing, especially as that world became more and more liberal and I found that I didn't much like many of my colleagues.

Cool , have bachelors degree in electrical power technology and thought about a class room . I found myself in industrial maintenance and loved it .
That is very true. I was an assistant professor for a while, but decided academia and poverty were not my thing, especially as that world became more and more liberal and I found that I didn't much like many of my colleagues.
Well it's nice to be in a room with some fellow educated, forward thinkers!

Whoever said that pot heads were dopes!? I think my parents might have, but that's what made them my parents.

Cheers..

Good morning friends,

Checking the girls this morning, they've seemingly handled yesterday's water and flushing events quite fine. In fact, one has perked right up nicely. I'm not sure if that is a good thing, or stretch. Please have a look.

The numbers at my canopy read (before I opened the tent) 26 degrees and 50%RH.

Things seem pretty darn good, I'd say, though I'm wondering when would be the right time to lower the light from it's current 27" or jack up the intensity to 75% (750w). I know you, Emilya, use LED, so this question may not be up your alley, but how does one know when is the right time to do either?

Maybe the pics of the plants will better help answer the question.

Thanks guys,

V

Attachments

• 20181216_092823.jpg
    20181216_092823.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20181216_091138.jpg
    20181216_091138.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 16
Good morning friends,

Checking the girls this morning, they've seemingly handled yesterday's water and flushing events quite fine. In fact, one has perked right up nicely. I'm not sure if that is a good thing, or stretch. Please have a look.

The numbers at my canopy read (before I opened the tent) 26 degrees and 50%RH.

Things seem pretty darn good, I'd say, though I'm wondering when would be the right time to lower the light from it's current 27" or jack up the intensity to 75% (750w). I know you, Emilya, use LED, so this question may not be up your alley, but how does one know when is the right time to do either?

Maybe the pics of the plants will better help answer the question.

Thanks guys,

V
I ran 1200w of HID for many years, 550w of T5 or a 600w MH in veg, so not always been playing with these newfangled ez-bake oven LED lights...
I would lower a bit before spending more on electricity since you have that option. Lower a few inches each day and see what happens... there are no rules here and sadly you are on your own. Be observant and move slowly. Only make small changes at a time and then wait 12 hours to see what happens. We can move 1000 times faster than our plants, but that doesn't mean that we should.

I ran 1200w of HID for many years, 550w of T5 or a 600w MH in veg, so not always been playing with these newfangled ez-bake oven LED lights...
I would lower a bit before spending more on electricity since you have that option. Lower a few inches each day and see what happens... there are no rules here and sadly you are on your own. Be observant and move slowly. Only make small changes at a time and then wait 12 hours to see what happens. We can move 1000 times faster than our plants, but that doesn't mean that we should.
Thanks for the tip. I lowered an inch to see what happens to temps. Do they look healthy? Or stretching? I noticed a couple of them seem to be perking up towards the light, while one isnt? S thing to be concerned about?

Good morning,

So I may have lowered my light a bit too much. I woke up this morning to a bit of crispiness on my girls. The tallest, showed some drying on her leaves and a slight bit of curling. The rest weren't far behind. I raised the light back up a few inches, and the temps seemed ok again. See pics.

Can the plants recover? I didnt let it go too long, but they are small and sensitive.

Thx.

Attachments

• 20181217_070336.jpg
    20181217_070336.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20181217_070423.jpg
    20181217_070423.jpg
    690.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20181217_070357.jpg
    20181217_070357.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 17
yes, they will recover... good catch. Now you know.
Ok perfect. Is it a quick recovery? As in, when should I think to raise up further? Or so long as it isnt getting worse, I'm on the right track?

Good morning,

I raised the light back up to where the temps are good again. This morning, I noticed some bleaching on the tallest girl. I raise up, and so does she. See pic.

Is the bleaching a product of the heat stress from the day before? Or is this continued stress?

Thx.

Attachments

• 20181218_065005.jpg
    20181218_065005.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 24
residual stress maybe... lets see if the color comes back
I imagine that it is, but I can't be completely sure. The curling/wrinkliness hasn't worsened, so that might be a good sign. Additionally, the other two plants aren't showing further signs either, and their original symptoms weren't so evident. I think the one girl got it worse because she's about two inches taller. I really hope that she bounces back well. All signs point to her being able to. She's tall, firm and her fan leaves are still seeking the light. I'm no experienced grower, but visually, they seem content or at least in the right position to recover/thrive.

Thx again.

Back
Top Bottom