Volksball's First Grow: White Widow Feminized Grow Journal 2018

Looking happy! and regarding the humidifier, there are no nutrients needing to be mobile in humidity... its pH is inconsequential... well at least outside certain extremes... I can imagine an acid fog... don't do that. lol

Oh thanks. Would gave guessed otherwise. Worried about the front one - closest to the hygrometer. She falls nearly right over when I water and the soil loosens around here. I keep building the soil up to hold her in place. Fan blows lightly om them.

Any guesses when I might lower the light? Is it just experimental?

keep building up the soil, even compacting it a bit around her till she takes hold. Might want to take her out of the direct fan breeze while she figures it out. No clue on the lights.. what do they recommend?
Oh right, sorry, I did forget you grew with LED. Was just looking it up actually. Hopefully will find an answer soon..

Thx again..

I used to run HID, both MH and HPS in the same tent... but it depends on so much... your wattage, the type of hood you have and how cool you can keep it... are you really running 2000w of light in that tent??
No no. 1000w at a time. Will switch from MH to HID, but itll all happen in the same tent.

I woke up to them having turned up their leaves to the light, and a bit taller. I lowered the light 6" to 34". The initial environmental reaction was an increase in heat at the plant level. What was normally 30.5 C, is now 34-35. I know that's about 5 degrees too hot, but besides the slowed growth, should I be worried? I have to figure out a way to get cool air to the plants.

It sounds like they are responding... and yes, you do have to watch that heat, it can quickly get away from you with high wattage lights.
So I had my wife peek in to give me a read on the numbers. I'm at work. She said they're sitting at 44% RH and 33 degrees. I know it's a few degrees too hot, but will that be ok you think?

No no. 1000w at a time. Will switch from MH to HID, but itll all happen in the same tent.

I woke up to them having turned up their leaves to the light, and a bit taller. I lowered the light 6" to 34". The initial environmental reaction was an increase in heat at the plant level. What was normally 30.5 C, is now 34-35. I know that's about 5 degrees too hot, but besides the slowed growth, should I be worried? I have to figure out a way to get cool air to the plants.
So I had my wife peek in to give me a read on the numbers. I'm at work. She said they're sitting at 44% RH and 33 degrees. I know it's a few degrees too hot, but will that be ok you think?
its more than just a few... you really need to work on that. Its not a crisis now, but what are you going to do when it gets warmer and it becomes one?

its more than just a few... you really need to work on that. Its not a crisis now, but what are you going to do when it gets warmer and it becomes one?
You're right....what will I do? I have to figure it out. What does one do in that scenario? Open more vent holes? Put fans from the outside blowing in?

You're right....what will I do? I have to figure it out. What does one do in that scenario? Open more vent holes? Put fans from the outside blowing in?
I used a separate fan and duct system for the HID hood and either ran that inside or outside, depending on season. Then my vent fan draws hot air from the top of the tent, and again can either duct it into the house for additional heat (after filtering) or outside in the summer time.

I used a separate fan and duct system for the HID hood and either ran that inside or outside, depending on season. Then my vent fan draws hot air from the top of the tent, and again can either duct it into the house for additional heat (after filtering) or outside in the summer time.

I'll try to figure something out. It's getting hot! I do have a dimmer on my ballast that can lower it from 100%, to 75% or 50%. Its currently at 100%

But that seems like a temporary fix. Eventually my 5x5 tent will need the 1000w and the heat will once again rise.

Need a Control climate !
Those plants would be very happy with that light at 50% , your not in bloom !
So you're saying that I should turn down the ballast at this point to 50%? I suppose I should then bring the light alot closer? This is good for the veg period?

Slowly come down ,inches not a foot . Little each day !
Should in veg always 50% so you could get closer , then turn it up. I found this in 420 and can’t remember which one , as soon as I find it I’ll get it to you!
Do you read any journals in progress? Great picks !

Not a lot closer , I have a 750 watt led and I can’t bring it any closer without test after test to get it there!
Not a lot closer , I have a 750 watt led and I can’t bring it any closer without test after test to get it there!
Oh ok. Great advice. So maybe I bring it down to 500w and put it, whatddya say, 16"? Or to 75% (750w)...at what distance? Where do you have it at that wattage?

I should have a look at a few. I spend so much time already doing this and love it, but any more and my marriage may not survive. Haha.

Oh ok. Great advice. So maybe I bring it down to 500w and put it, whatddya say, 16"? Or to 75% (750w)...at what distance? Where do you have it at that wattage?

I should have a look at a few. I spend so much time already doing this and love it, but any more and my marriage may not survive. Haha.
50% and stay at 36”s , do you have a light fan on them , stalk training . If mama’s helping you will survive, makes it easier when your both into it .

Back
Top Bottom