Warm water tea versus cool water tea

This is the amount of foam I got after brewing tea with cool water.
006658.JPG

Here is the results of using hot/warm water to make tea.
003862.JPG

I dont know if this increased the microbial life in the tea but it did create 99%
more foam.

I would love to hear your thoughts and methods of making microbial teas.
Thanks Gittergreen.

no clue about this tea business (whatever the hell that is, it would not go near my mouth!), but i do know that almost every microbe on the planet likes things warm and wet.

what microbes are you trying to cultivate?
just like the plants we love they all like slightly varying conditions, and almost certainly have a statistics sheet out there telling you exactly what makes them thrive

also, have you considered the viability of adding pre/pro biotics to the mix?

no clue about this tea business (whatever the hell that is, it would not go near my mouth!), but i do know that almost every microbe on the planet likes things warm and wet.

what microbes are you trying to cultivate?
just like the plants we love they all like slightly varying conditions, and almost certainly have a statistics sheet out there telling you exactly what makes them thrive

also, have you considered the viability of adding pre/pro biotics to the mix?

Not for human consumption! LOL for plants. Microbial tea, You make it with
earth worm castings, compost, guanos, kelp meal, ect. Molassas is used for the catylist. I just never saw any body post that they start with warm/hot water. I just wanted to share this in case some one else was wondering.

Hey what's up, I'm interested in everything organic and all things that could create the optimum result. If it's true that all microbes thrive in warmer wetter environments it stands to reason that you've come across something. Have you scanned the net to find out if there's any info about it out there to back what you think you've learned from the reaction to the temp. change ? Keep me posted if you don't mind, gonna do an experiment to see if I can see any noticeable differences, will also scan the net for more info.

KEEP IT CHRONICLY GROWING GREEN

Warm water is most definitely better for microbial growth then cool water, but you dont want to exceed 65-70 degree, as youll be introducing this mix to your plants and in doing so you want the mix as close to perfect temps for root conditions as possible.
you should check this out if you havnt gotten the chance already:
Brewing Your Own Benny Tea

I started mine out in the 90-100 range but by the time it brews 36 hrs its probably room temp.:thumb:

Lets make this simple...if the water is near room temp, then your good to go :) no need to heat or cool the water...just room temp :)

but what if my room is in the back pantry where there is no heat and rm temps are 45 F ;) lol, im just abll busting ya!

but it is a legitimate question.

so to make it even simpler. make sure you water is between 60-70 deg F. anything else is just no good for your plants in the end.

and yeah 90-100 s way too hot! it will kill the very microbiology you wish to grow. and thats just no good =)

Just read somewhere,( I need to start keeping track of references ), the temp should be the same as root zone, seems that's a good starting point since that is the environment where the tea will be used in and the temp they live in, made sense to me, I'll find the site where I read it and provide that info for you to check yourself

Back
Top Bottom