Water cure

DankSwagasaurus

Anyone familiar with curing your buds in water? I know it'll remove all the terps, but i know old heads used to do to remove the smell. My uncle used to get his nugs like that so he could put them in cigarette tubes. sounds kinda smart. and then save the terp water and some how distill it down or evap the water somehow maybe?

OK. This is from the second link above.

Water Curing is done by cutting down your buds and removing the fan leaves. It's optional to do further trimming, but note that cured trimmings always make better hash. Place them in a bin of Reverse Osmosis water and keep below above 65F and below 75F. Use something to gently weigh them down. Once a day for 3-7 days (depending on personal preference) change out the water with clean fresh RO water. Because there is a high concentration of chlorophyll and salts in the buds and none in the water, Osmosis will naturally occur, drawing it out of the plant until the levels are equal. The water is changed out to keep the osmotic pressure at its highest: day old water will not have the same osmotic force to suck out everything. After the 3-7 days, hang and dry the buds like you normally would. Done!
Results:
-Less bag appeal
-The smoothest bud you'll ever smoke
-Bud is more potent, but only because the total weight is reduced. IE- where you may get 1.5g air curing, you'll only get 1g with water cure: a much purer product
-Using them method allows you to pump in nutrients all the way to the end, with NO 1-2 weeks of flushing. That could increase yields significantly.

Remember that nothing we want to smoke is water soluble. That means it will not leach out into the water. The only thing that can happen is trichomes can break off if you treat the buds roughly: be gentle.

So... It's really just a way of leaching chlorophyll and salts out of the pot. The THC will remain in the plant. Again... it's oil-based. I assume it is done, because it does a better job of removing these things than just normal drying.

The water is just waste.

Steam distillation appears to be the most common method of extracting terpenes. You might capture some of them via simple cold water extraction, but that's just a wild guess.

Maybe if you had a lot you could run the water through a hash screen for the broken trics
I been wanting to try this think I'm gonna do a few Oz's see what happens got some about ready to chop

Back
Top Bottom