Watering w/Bubble bag left over water?

jamthe3

Would there be any reason not to use the spent water from a bubble bag hash run to either hydrate a coco block or just for watering some new plants? Was originally RO water and now has a reading of 450ish ppms.

Thx in advance for any and all feedback.

Interesting question. As I do not know the answer I will be watching for any responses.

I pasted your question in Google, lots of options for you, most evap. it, not much on feeding it to plants.

Yeah, I evaporate it also but after letting it sit for 'bout 24 hours to let the sediment drop I siphon off most of the water from the top so it won't take as long. Curious 'bout using the 3 gallons or so I collected before just tossing it.

I would not use the 450ish ppm water for hydrating your coco coir. 450ish ppm without any calcium and magnesium in it would only add more ppm to your grow medium.

I would just add some CalMag like normal so that's not really an issue; the thing is, that 450ish isn't dissolved salts (its cloraphyl, triches, what not) as it was ice & water from one of 'em RO shacks with a TDS of 21 prior to running through the trimmings & popcorn buds.

What I am suggesting is 450 ppm without any calcium and magnesium in it yet may that will be necessary may be too high of ppm for whatever plant you wish to place in the medium.

Yeah, we're on the same wave length there...is why I put the question out to begin with. I wonder what it is giving the reading; like I said, it isn't "salts" so it must be organic in essence. I can't imagine it would cause any real damage in soil soil but have no clue really, think I'll run a small amount through some coffee filters for grins and giggles.

I recently used our tap water to make hash and decided to use the water on my plants after bubbling it. This is what I saw the next morning.
DSCF9490.JPG

I used some of it straight out of the bucket but most was made into microbe tea which didnt have any negative effects but like you mentioned its just organic material.

Back
Top Bottom